Are independent churches Biblical?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
flaja;56100]This is exactly what I have done and is why I am King James only. God has opened my mind to the truth that every post-1611 English translation of the Bible said:
That's your opinion and choice, but most everyone else would not agree with you. God's truth is not exclusive to anyone one in particular simply because of the translation of their choice....the spirit of God is bigger than that. In fact, God can open His truth to you even if you don’t have a single Bible.
flaja;56100]How do you know?[/QUOTE]From my own and others said:
Group Bible study can easily lead one astray if the group is ungodly.
What are you suggesting? Are you saying that single Bible study is the only way for not be lead astray? My friend one can easily be lead astray by their own Bible study as much as any group Bible studies if one does not have the attitude that I mentioned earlier. My point is that it's good to do both.
flaja;56100]The NT for the AKJ is based on a set of manuscripts known as the [i]Textus Receptus[/i]. A few modern translations also rely on the [i]Textus Receptus[/i] (but the translators were not faithful to God so they still produced corrupted translations) said:
This again is your opinion.
flaja;56100]So by your own admission a master can also be a teacher. You should have known that your objection to the AKJ use of the word master does not hold water.[/QUOTE]Yes said:
You are worried about what an earthly teacher would do to a wayward pupil when Jesus plans to put His wayward pupils in Hell?
You are twisting what I said....I never spoke about a bad student. I know what I am talking about, because I have experienced it and I was not by any stretch of the imagination a wayward student.....my parents would not have tolerated that.
flaja;56100]Christ isn’t master over you? [/QUOTE]Jesus is my Brother/teacher/instructor and guide said:
Typical claim of a modern Bible advocate. You damn the AKJ with praise.
Interesting, I never considered myself a modern Bible advocate and I have never advocate one translation of the Bible over another. If we could just stop labling people it would be a lot better for us.
flaja;56100]And if the other translations are wrong said:
I have heard of others that have said the same thing about the KJV.
flaja;56100]How so? Is your God such a weakling that He cannot tell you exactly what you need to know in a manner that you can readily understand without trouble?[/QUOTE]The problem is not with God.....the problem is with human langue. Human langue is limited said:
Then by your standards no human can ever know enough about God to be saved because the limitations of human language make it impossible for God to fully and effectively communicate with us. You effectively claim that not even the Bible’s original autographs can be infallible, inerrant and inspired because the people that wrote the Bible may not have understood what God wanted them to convey with human language.
You have a problem of twisting my words to mean something that I never said. The point that I was making if I was not clear enough is that God shows us things that we are able to understand with our limitations. The Bible is not the sum total of God's knowledge or what the children of God will be doing for all eternity.
flaja;56100]But yet said:
That's what you say I am saying, that not what I said though.

flaja

Sep 14, 2007
That's your opinion and choice, but most everyone else would not agree with you. God's truth is not exclusive to anyone one in particular simply because of the translation of their choice....the spirit of God is bigger than that. In fact, God can open His truth to you even if you don’t have a single Bible.
God’s truth is revealed only to people that trust Him, and you don’t trust Him to provide you with an accurate translation of His Word.
From my own and others, not to mention that the Bible says that we are to grow in grace and in knowledge…..growth/maturity takes time.
I thought you were talking about truth; now you want to change the subject to grace and knowledge. The truth is always the truth regardless of how much you know about it.
If all that you know now is what you have always known, then you must either believe that you are god, or that the KJV is not helping you at all and or God has stopped working with you.
Again you have changed the subject; you are not talking about truth here. The truth, about God, that I learned as a child, is and always has been unchanging. I may know more of it now than I did as a child, but no amount of additional knowledge can change the truth. The truth is the truth regardless of how much you may (or think) you know about it.
What are you suggesting? Are you saying that single Bible study is the only way for not be lead astray?
No, I am saying that group study is no guarantor of God’s presence. God cannot reveal something to you in a group that he doesn’t also reveal to you when you are in whatever group you are in and both revelations be true and from God.
This again is your opinion.
And your claim that God almighty will not or can not provide you with a single accurate translation of His Word, is your opinion.
Yes, but a true teacher is one that treats his student/pupil/disciples with love and respect and not subjects to be ruled over.
Unless you can document that every school master i.e., teacher, in 17th century Britain was the tyrant you claim they would be if they are a master and that the translators meant to say every school master is such a tyrant, then your objection is false.I fear that you want every teacher to be so full of “love and respect” that they cannot actually relay what must be taught to a pupil that doesn’t want to be taught.
You are twisting what I said....I never spoke about a bad student.
For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. As far as God is concerned, we all start out as bad students and must be disciplined accordingly.
I know what I am talking about, because I have experienced it and I was not by any stretch of the imagination a wayward student.....my parents would not have tolerated that.
Just how does your modern day experience reflect 17th century reality?
Jesus is my Brother/teacher/instructor and guide, and of course my God.
The Bible tells you this? What chapter? What verse?
Interesting, I never considered myself a modern Bible advocate and I have never advocate one translation of the Bible over another. If we could just stop labling people it would be a lot better for us.
I call it as I see it.
The problem is not with God.....the problem is with human langue. Human langue is limited, so how finite langues with a finite mind can comprehend all the reality of the things of God?
God didn’t create human language? What was the Tower of Babel all about?
You have a problem of twisting my words to mean something that I never said. The point that I was making if I was not clear enough is that God shows us things that we are able to understand with our limitations. The Bible is not the sum total of God's knowledge or what the children of God will be doing for all eternity.
I haven’t twisted anything. You plainly claimed that the limitations of human language prevents God from fully and effectively communicating with us when you said, “Human langue is at best inadequate in expressing perfectly the reality of spiritual things.”
That's what you say I am saying, that not what I said though.
Again I point you to what you said about the inadequacies of human language to express spiritual things. If you say that God cannot effectively communicate spiritual things to you using your human language, then you are limiting the power of the omnipotent God- or you simply refuse to listen to what He tells you.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(flaja;56105)
God’s truth is revealed only to people that trust Him, and you don’t trust Him to provide you with an accurate translation of His Word.I thought you were talking about truth; now you want to change the subject to grace and knowledge. The truth is always the truth regardless of how much you know about it.Again you have changed the subject; you are not talking about truth here. The truth, about God, that I learned as a child, is and always has been unchanging. I may know more of it now than I did as a child, but no amount of additional knowledge can change the truth. The truth is the truth regardless of how much you may (or think) you know about it.No, I am saying that group study is no guarantor of God’s presence. God cannot reveal something to you in a group that he doesn’t also reveal to you when you are in whatever group you are in and both revelations be true and from God.And your claim that God almighty will not or can not provide you with a single accurate translation of His Word, is your opinion.Unless you can document that every school master i.e., teacher, in 17th century Britain was the tyrant you claim they would be if they are a master and that the translators meant to say every school master is such a tyrant, then your objection is false.I fear that you want every teacher to be so full of “love and respect” that they cannot actually relay what must be taught to a pupil that doesn’t want to be taught.For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God. As far as God is concerned, we all start out as bad students and must be disciplined accordingly. Just how does your modern day experience reflect 17th century reality?The Bible tells you this? What chapter? What verse?I call it as I see it.God didn’t create human language? What was the Tower of Babel all about?I haven’t twisted anything. You plainly claimed that the limitations of human language prevents God from fully and effectively communicating with us when you said, “Human langue is at best inadequate in expressing perfectly the reality of spiritual things.”Again I point you to what you said about the inadequacies of human language to express spiritual things. If you say that God cannot effectively communicate spiritual things to you using your human language, then you are limiting the power of the omnipotent God- or you simply refuse to listen to what He tells you.
I'm done, I have said all that I needed to say.

Alanforchrist

Dec 25, 2007
(flaja;56086)
If someone feels that God has told them to start a church, how is that person and (more importantly) any would-be members of the started church know that the person is getting his instructions from God and not Satan?Then why was this authority delegated to Paul and the Apostles in the Book of Acts?And IFB churches all claim to be under God’s authority and God’s authority alone, but they still teach wrong doctrines.
[1]People would know if the Minister of the started Church was of God and getting revelations & instruction from God.[A] By testing the spirit he is Ministering from, If his instuction is from God, It will agree with the Bible, [Anything the disagrees with the Bible, Reject]God will confirm the Ministry of a person who He has called, by Anointing him.[2]The same authority that was delegated to the Apostles is given to every Minister.There are different Anointings for different Ministerial offices.An Apostle will have an Apostles Anointing.A Prophet will have a Prohets Anointing.A Teacher, A Pastor and an Evangelist will all have there own Anointing to stand in their Offices.Jesus said, "You shall receieve power when the Holy Ghost has come upon you".What more do you need. Unless you are looking for man made delegated authority.[3] whatever the IFB Churches teach is up to them, They will have to give an account to God for what they teach.I stand on God's word and know that I'm resposible for teaching the truth.By the way I am under the authority of an International Christian organisation, not that it gives me more authority with God.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(tim_from_pa;56060)
Traditionally, and notice I said traditionally, each denomination focused on different facets of spiritual truth. I think in this regard denominations are like different clubs---- you have a fishing club, bowling club, sports and fitness club, etc, etc and all are composed of people with probably the same basic beliefs about sports and health, but different interests. The problem lies when the fishermen say that everyone must be one. (C.f. 1 Corinthians 12:17) and in that sense different denominations are merely expressing different gifts of understanding and ministry. The basics of the faith are still there. It's just a matter of attending a denomination that you fit into based on your gifts.That being said, I also agree that more and more denominations are getting corrupt. They did not start that way, but that is just worldliness creeping in during this crooked and perverse generation and has nothing to do with the original diversity. In turn, it makes them fight against each other all the more.
Well put Tim