Are Jews still special in the eyes of God today?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Rom 11:

13 Now I am speaking to you Gentiles. Inasmuch then as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry 14in order somehow to make my fellow Jews jealous, and thus save some of them. 15 For if their rejection means the reconciliation of the world,
It was all God's timing. Throughout human history, God was looking for a group of humans to obey him. God used Abraham and his descendants until the time of Jesus. The Son of God brought good news to the world, not just to the Jews.

what will their acceptance mean but life from the dead?
There is hope for the Jews en masse in the future.

17But if some of the branches were broken off, and you, although a wild olive shoot, were grafted in among the others and now share in the nourishing root of the olive tree,
Gentile believers were grafted into the olive tree. The olive tree symbolizes the Jews.

18 Do not be arrogant toward the branches. If you are, remember it is not you who support the root, but the root that supports you. 19 Then you will say, “Branches were broken off so that I might be grafted in.” 20 That is true. They were broken off because of their unbelief, but you stand fast through faith. So do not become proud, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, neither will he spare you.
That's a warning to the gentiles.

22 Note then the kindness and the severity of God: severity toward those who have fallen, but God’s kindness to you, provided you continue in his kindness. Otherwise you too will be cut off. 23 And even they, if they do not continue in their unbelief, will be grafted in, for God has the power to graft them in again.
There is hope for the Jews.

24 For if you were cut from what is by nature a wild olive tree, and grafted, contrary to nature, into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, the natural branches, be grafted back into their own olive tree.
25 Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And in this way all Israel will be saved.
The time will come.

as it is written,
“The Deliverer will come from Zion, he will banish ungodliness from Jacob”; 27“and this will be my covenant with them when I take away their sins.”
28 As regards the gospel, they are enemies for your sake. But as regards election, they are beloved for the sake of their forefathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable.
God's promises to the Jews are irrevocable.

Who are the children of God today?

John 1:

12 But to all who did receive him [Jesus], who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.
Are the Jews still special in the eyes of God today?

I think so. Einstein, Kissinger, and Spielberg are all Jews. I think one of these days, God may graft the Jews in the olive tree again.

Revelation 11:

3 I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.
These two are likely to be Jews.

See also

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Are Jews still special in the eyes of God today?​

Absolutely!!!

Jeremiah 31:35-37 KJV
35) Thus saith the LORD, which giveth the sun for a light by day, and the ordinances of the moon and of the stars for a light by night, which divideth the sea when the waves thereof roar; The LORD of hosts is his name:
36) If those ordinances depart from before me, saith the LORD, then the seed of Israel also shall cease from being a nation before me for ever.
37) Thus saith the LORD; If heaven above can be measured, and the foundations of the earth searched out beneath, I will also cast off all the seed of Israel for all that they have done, saith the LORD.

Ezekiel 36:32-38 KJV
32) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, O house of Israel.
33) Thus saith the Lord GOD; In the day that I shall have cleansed you from all your iniquities I will also cause you to dwell in the cities, and the wastes shall be builded.
34) And the desolate land shall be tilled, whereas it lay desolate in the sight of all that passed by.
35) And they shall say, This land that was desolate is become like the garden of Eden; and the waste and desolate and ruined cities are become fenced, and are inhabited.
36) Then the heathen that are left round about you shall know that I the LORD build the ruined places, and plant that that was desolate: I the LORD have spoken it, and I will do it.
37) Thus saith the Lord GOD; I will yet for this be enquired of by the house of Israel, to do it for them; I will increase them with men like a flock.
38) As the holy flock, as the flock of Jerusalem in her solemn feasts; so shall the waste cities be filled with flocks of men: and they shall know that I am the LORD.

And there are many more like this.

Much love!

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tony, you cut off your Romans 11 dissertation a couple of verses too soon!

Romans 11:28-29 said:
28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs, 29 for God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable.

Reactions: marks

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Are Jews still special in the eyes of God today?​

or is it that God's eyes are special; eyes that refuse to assess and see as men insist on seeing?

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 11:

It was all God's timing. Throughout human history, God was looking for a group of humans to obey him. God used Abraham and his descendants until the time of Jesus. The Son of God brought good news to the world, not just to the Jews.

There is hope for the Jews en masse in the future.

Gentile believers were grafted into the olive tree. The olive tree symbolizes the Jews.

That's a warning to the gentiles.

There is hope for the Jews.

The time will come.

God's promises to the Jews are irrevocable.

Who are the children of God today?

John 1:

I think so. Einstein, Kissinger, and Spielberg are all Jews. I think one of these days, God may graft the Jews in the olive tree again.

Revelation 11:

These two are likely to be Jews.

See also

I don't think "special" is the right word. It suggests the Lord plays favorites.

I see the Lord's relationship with the Jews like this: He holds them up as an example. When they are obedient, he blesses them. When they are not obedient, he withholds his blessing.

And when they are being persecuted, I believe he protects them.

jessicaleks93

Jan 1, 2024
Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No......
In Gittin 56b and 57, a story is told in which Onkelos summons up the spirit of “Yeshu the Nazarene”, who had “sought to harm Israel”. Yeshu describes his punishment in the afterlife as boiling in excrement.

Jericho

Aug 10, 2023
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say yes, as they still have a future role to play. The relationship between God and Israel was that of husband and unfaithful wife. In spite of that, God never completely abandoned her. The story of Hosea and Gomer parallels the relationship between God and Israel, and it promises a reconciliation:

Hos 1:10 “Yet the time will come when Israel’s people will be like the sands of the seashore—too many to count! Then, at the place where they were told, ‘You are not my people,’ it will be said, ‘You are children of the living God.’

Hos 1:11 Then the people of Judah and Israel will unite together. They will choose one leader for themselves, and they will return from exile together. What a day that will be—the day of Jezreel—when God will again plant his people in his land.

Zachariah 8:23 foretells: “This is what the LORD of Heaven’s Armies says: In those days ten men from different nations and languages of the world will clutch at the sleeve of one Jew. And they will say, ‘Please let us walk with you, for we have heard that God is with you.’”

The Great Tribulation is really about the Jews (and by Jews, I'm including all of Israel). That's why it's called Jacob's Trouble. The sealed 140,000 are all from the tribes of Israel. Armaggedon takes place in Israel. The reason for this, I believe, goes back to Daniel's 70th-week prophecy. Gabriel the angel lists six objectives for the 70th week (Dan 9:24). One of those objectives is to atone for their guilt. What is the Jews' corporate guilt? It's their continued rejection of Jesus as the Messiah. In fact, Jesus said, "For I tell you this, you will never see me again until you say, ‘Blessings on the one who comes in the name of the LORD! (Matt 23:39). A precondition for Jesus' return appears to be the Jews acknowledging Him as the Messiah. There are some other verses that go along with this that I can't think of at the moment.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks