Are strikes unethical, immoral and evil?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think abolish is too strong the other way! there needs to be a balance. IN a perfect world of course employers would treat their employees well. but this is not a perfect world and I think unions can play a good role in protecting workers from evil. but it requires balance
They started out seeking fairness and balance and now abuse the system, creating imbalance, exhorbatant wages and pensions that can't be sustained.

Reactions: The Learner

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They started out seeking fairness and balance and now abuse the system, creating imbalance, exhorbatant wages and pensions that can't be sustained.
Yes most unions have lots of corruption, but if a nation allows them we must work within the framework. I worked in an open shop so I was not a union member

Sometimes I wonder if Unions were not Gods way of restoring balance to the robber baron ways. And now we see unions comprising such a small % of the work force. I am generally opposed to unions, unless there is a need to protect workers from a Simon Legree type boss.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Although many health workers are decent people, some are grumpy and it's probably them who are holding the country to ransom.
I was unlucky enough to encounter two grumpy ambulancemen some years ago when I staggered down to the lobby of my apartment block one night on the verge of fainting with severe abdominal pains.
The receptionist sat me on a chair and called an ambulance, and when they arrived the conversation between me and the sour-faced ambulancemen went like this-
Them- "Why aren't you on the floor?"
Me, "Er...sorry...what?"
Them- "We only pick up people who are very ill and laying on the floor."
Me- "I can lay on the floor if you like"
Them (grudgingly) "Don't bother, we'll take you to hospital this time seeing as we're here"

So off we went but they had a scare when I started sweating like a pig in the ambulance and they realised i was in a more serious condition than they thought. They didn't actually apologise but their mood mellowed a bit after that..:)

PS- the hospital docs found it was simply a gut issue and I was discharged later that night and had to take a taxi home because i knew it'd be a waste of time asking for an ambulance..

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Here in Britain most union leaders are commies, so naturally they want to wreck the country.
In Australia Many idiot Irish men here were top Union morons and the odd Pommy clown ! Such as they never did anything good but cause trouble.

My Mum being Danish, pointed out that the Unions over their were much better then the UK rubbish that was based on Communist moronic rubbish.
Back in the days I never heard a Dane bagging their Union, because it was not founded on Communism. Nowadays I think the Communist Unions have taken it over and people are not happy with the unions so much now.

What we had was thugs domination over the people, one could not call them out or else you were targeted ! My good mate grew up a total union man and his dad was a big wig union man, but my mate got attacked for speaking his own mind once and being a 100% union man and all ! it was a big wake up call for him.
What ever you do, do not question the Unions ! for They have another agenda of their own. they are not interested in the people they claim to support. What they do is for other reasons, looking after number one the union first and foremost, it's run as a business as well. and they are happy to destroy the host that they leach off, be it the workers or Company. When they have destroyed the company their work is well done ! another victory to their gods.

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I always found this to be funny. I worked in a Union Shop for three years. I was not required to be in the Union because I was a over the road truck driver. I hitched a ride with the guy that taught me to drive, to go get my truck at the garage. He hit the brakes hard along the way. A baseball bat rolled out from under his seat. "You play baseball?" "No, that is for picket lines." "When you go on strike?" "No to break through the picket lines." "I don't understand ...you belong to a Union yet refuse to strike?" "Exactly."

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Are strikes unethical, immoral and evil?​

Lightning strikes? baseball strikes? blackboard strikes? left and right hand cheek strikes?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In Australia Many idiot Irish men here were top Union morons and the odd Pommy clown ! Such as they never did anything good but cause trouble.

My Mum being Danish, pointed out that the Unions over their were much better then the UK rubbish that was based on Communist moronic rubbish.
Back in the days I never heard a Dane bagging their Union, because it was not founded on Communism. Nowadays I think the Communist Unions have taken it over and people are not happy with the unions so much now.

What we had was thugs domination over the people, one could not call them out or else you were targeted ! My good mate grew up a total union man and his dad was a big wig union man, but my mate got attacked for speaking his own mind once and being a 100% union man and all ! it was a big wake up call for him.
What ever you do, do not question the Unions ! for They have another agenda of their own. they are not interested in the people they claim to support. What they do is for other reasons, looking after number one the union first and foremost, it's run as a business as well. and they are happy to destroy the host that they leach off, be it the workers or Company. When they have destroyed the company their work is well done ! another victory to their gods.
I hereby strike against all the name calling and against the better than them attitude. :)

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
One of the most unpopular strikes ever was when miners struck here in Britain in midwinter 1972, starving electricity power stations of coal which triggered mass blackouts.
It backfired on them because the Brit public were furious and vigilante groups threatened violence towards the miners.
A letter in the papers summed up the public mood, one chap said his elderly mother lived alone, and that if she suffered hypothermia or fell and injured herself in the dark, he would personally find out the names and addresses of striking miners and "pay them a visit".

From the net- "Unlike today, most of Britain's electricity came from coal, and so crisis struck when miners voted to strike over wages for six weeks between January and February 1972.
Miners picketed power stations in an effort to restrict coal supply, leading to mass blackouts around the country and businesses being forced to close.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
One of the most unpopular strikes ever was when miners struck here in Britain in midwinter 1972, starving electricity power stations of coal which triggered mass blackouts.
It backfired on them because the Brit public were furious and vigilante groups threatened violence towards the miners.
A letter in the papers summed up the public mood, one chap said his elderly mother lived alone, and that if she suffered hypothermia or fell and injured herself in the dark, he would personally find out the names and addresses of striking miners and "pay them a visit".

From the net- "Unlike today, most of Britain's electricity came from coal, and so crisis struck when miners voted to strike over wages for six weeks between January and February 1972.
Miners picketed power stations in an effort to restrict coal supply, leading to mass blackouts around the country and businesses being forced to close.

Ahhhhh, wouldn't 'paying them a visit' be a greater evil than refusing to dig coal?

Evil for evil....what a great solution. It's as brilliant as making people suffer for eternity because they lived a few years being rebellious.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Ahhhhh, wouldn't 'paying them a visit' be a greater evil than refusing to dig coal?
Evil for evil....what a great solution. It's as brilliant as making people suffer for eternity because they lived a few years being rebellious.

It's a question of balance; if people gives up their wild ways and change for the better, maybe God will cut them some slack, but Belshazzar was unrepentant and his nasty streak apparently outweighed any good he might have had in him..:)-
"You have been weighed on the scales and found wanting" (Daniel 5:27)

rel-scales.jpg

strepho

Jan 31, 2023
Meriden
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gospel of Matthew, John Baptist told roman soldier be content with your wages. Look, disabled people and seniors need help. Handicapped people. Able body people have to work for living. Senior citizens and disabled people are different story. In John chapter 6, bunch of people went to Capernaum. They hunted Jesus down. What's point of this. Jesus fed them days earlier, bread and fish. They went looking for Jesus for wrong reasons. They wanted handouts. They didn't seek Jesus to hear word of God. They tried to use Jesus as social services. What can I get out of Him??. Able body people must earn their own way. Handicapped people are different story. Joel chapter 1, speaks spirtual and physical. We're in time of famine, it's hearing God's truth. Many denominations teach tradition of men and false doctrine. Amos chapter 8 warned about time of famine. The physical is taxes, low wages, corruption in Congress. God can bless people or theirs curses. Some people don't care, and are paying for it. They allow this to roll over them. But they won't seek God. Thier being ripped off by usery or taxes or ripped off by false preachers. They wont study sound doctrine or seek God. The locust army is kenites, fallen angels and satan as antichrist near future. The one world political system will receive deadly wound near future. Antichrist will heal deadly wound by establishing world peace . Antichrist will lead the locust army. Ephesians chapter 6, you need gospel armour on. Those who lack knowledge will worship antichrist near future. Antichrist will load his buses up for trip to hell near future. Don't worship antichrist. Joel was written to our generation. Many people don't want to listen to God. Seeking misguided preachers or secular humanism or running to government. I believe in my self, that's their downfall. Peace.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gospel of Matthew, John Baptist told roman soldier be content with your wages. Look, disabled people and seniors need help. Handicapped people. Able body people have to work for living. Senior citizens and disabled people are different story. In John chapter 6, bunch of people went to Capernaum. They hunted Jesus down. What's point of this. Jesus fed them days earlier, bread and fish. They went looking for Jesus for wrong reasons. They wanted handouts. They didn't seek Jesus to hear word of God. They tried to use Jesus as social services. What can I get out of Him??. Able body people must earn their own way. Handicapped people are different story. Joel chapter 1, speaks spirtual and physical. We're in time of famine, it's hearing God's truth. Many denominations teach tradition of men and false doctrine. Amos chapter 8 warned about time of famine. The physical is taxes, low wages, corruption in Congress. God can bless people or theirs curses. Some people don't care, and are paying for it. They allow this to roll over them. But they won't seek God. Thier being ripped off by usery or taxes or ripped off by false preachers. They wont study sound doctrine or seek God. The locust army is kenites, fallen angels and satan as antichrist near future. The one world political system will receive deadly wound near future. Antichrist will heal deadly wound by establishing world peace . Antichrist will lead the locust army. Ephesians chapter 6, you need gospel armour on. Those who lack knowledge will worship antichrist near future. Antichrist will load his buses up for trip to hell near future. Don't worship antichrist. Joel was written to our generation. Many people don't want to listen to God. Seeking misguided preachers or secular humanism or running to government. I believe in my self, that's their downfall. Peace.
Why are you going on and on with your rant? Without organization by the workers, some employers will roll over them. It has nothing to do with seeking God!

And "John Baptist" -- whoever that is -- telling a Roman soldier to be content with his wages is absurd. What was he paid? How did it compare to how others of that era were paid? What does that have to do with 21st Century wages? The rest of your post is also absurd in terms of today's society and workers.

Taxes, low wages, corruption in Congress .. seriously? Have you led your ox to water today? Was that before or after you brought in the wheat you cut with your sickle?