Are the US and Israel in a covert war in Iran?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Watch Turkey.

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/

The above is an English language link to Turkish news. I usually look in once a week or so to see what their opinions are regarding current events and what Turkish motives and goals are in the area. Turkey borders Syria and Iran. They are an important factor in the escalating conflicts there.

The Bible states in Revelation 2:12&13 that Pergamun, Turkey is the throne of Satan. Not the papacy, not DC, not the Kremlin and not Mecca. Although all these may be players in the coming conflict with Iran, the Turkish involvement is to be most important.

Why?

Many interpretations of Biblical end time prophecy point to a revived Roman Empire. Do you know that the Ottoman Empire, which ended in 1927 is exactly that? Oddly, prophecies of the end of times agree with Muslim tradition as well. They look to a restored twelfth caliphate (they are called twelvers). The 'caliphate' they hope for will be centered in Ankara. Istanbul was once called Constantinople. Before that it was Byzantium, the capital of the eastern ROMAN Empire. A revived Roman Empire in our time could be a new caliphate, with its capital in Ankara, Istanbul or Pergamun.

Read and think about it.

Peltast

Dec 26, 2011

- Iran has violated multiple UN resolutions
- Iran has lied stating they weren't trying to gain nukes, but now brags they will have them soon
- Iran gives veiled threats like stating soon that Israel will be wiped from the face of the earth
- Iran is financing Syrian efforts against Israel
Can these allegations be substantiated?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010

-- Absolutely. It's called 'Google.com'
These are well known events covered by major news sources around the world.

The fact that you are unaware of them shows that perhaps you are - at least for now - ill-equipped for this discussion.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Yes. I watched a summary of these questions on the PBS interview with the Iranian ambassador to the UN last night. The man basically admitted to all these points.

Iran isn't a nation of saints. I've been there and can testify to it personally.
Neither is America, UK & Israel.
Unfortunately we are all teetering on the brink of war, a war I fear America cannot win.
It's not a question of right and wrong at this point, it's a question of killing destruction and death.

No one seems to want to back off!

We are all aware of the latest assassination of Iranian nuclear scientist last week and of Iran's threat to retaliate against American aircraft carriers reentering the Persian Gulf.

The British ship HMS Daring sailed yesterday 01/18/12 for the Gulf. This ship is claimed to be able to counter any Iranian missile threat.
It is, unfortunately, untested. The American Aegis cruisers are impotent against the new missile threats.

Google Exocet & Sunburn.

The Exocet missile is a French baby and can sink a destroyer or cruiser. It can be launched by plane at a range of 50 miles AND IS NOT DETECTABLE BY RADAR. The American Aegis cruisers can't track it.

The Sunburn missile is a Russian invention. It flies at 1,600 mph (mach 2.1) and can hop the waves at 50 feet. It can be fired at a range of 100 miles.

There is NO defense against these missile systems. HMS Daring is supposed to be able to counter them, but at mach 2.1 the defensive Phalanx gun systems on most uS ships cannot lock on and compute a firing solution in time. One Sunburn missile can take out an aircraft carrier. It's kinetic energy alone is sufficient to cause fatal damage.

The economic sanctions of the west are only causing the international problem with Iran to escalate. The whole thing is very similar to the economic sanctions America forced upon Japan prior to December 7, 1941.

The question of who is right or wrong isn't the issue. War IS the issue.

I for one do not want to see open war with Iran. I don't think we could win it.