Are Translations Inspired ??

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Inspired or not we have to make do with English translations unless we've got the skill to read the original 1st century Greek and Aramaic as well as the Hebrew.

The thing about translations is, every time you translate soemthing you loose some meaning or soemthing important gets missed out somehwere and this is unavoidable even with the most strngent scholarship. I can understand your concerns therefore about translations not being inspired but I would have to ask,; what then is the reasonable alternative, since most ordinary people do not ahve command of ancient languages that would be needed to properly read the canonical texts that make up the Old and New testaents? I might suggests that learning Greek is apossibility as it will at least allow one to read te Septugent (though I'm aware that would be perfect).

What about te Vulagate? Could this be regarded as an accurate translation.