are we just wasting our money giving it to pro life groups that never get the job done

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
I m starting to think the only way to get prolife laws passed is to take the millions upon millions of dollars commonly donated to pro life groups and instead with the money build the largest Memoral MUSEUM to aborted children in the world. Make it so large and horrific
they cant be ignored any longer purchase the best spot as close to the Lincoln Memoral MONEY can buy.make it so large it dwarfs all of Washington DC.

I bet then things will change and quickly.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
why would prolife groups want to end abortion? they would be out of a job. that idea is just as frightening to prolife groups as it is to prolife republicans losing their favorite wedge issue...

HeRoseFromTheDead

Not So Advanced Member
Jan 6, 2012
I bet if women were required to view a sonogram of their child before aborting, abortions would go down dramatically, voluntarily .

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
horsecamp said:
I bet then things will change and quickly.
I am sorry horsecamp, but with the subject of abortion nothing will change quickly, mainly due to the fact that the church in general is silent about this barbarity. They are more interested in their Sunday morning bless me clubs rather than get involved in saving lives which may disturb their quiet equilibrium.

It has been left to the pro-life groups to take up the fight and I am pleased to say they are having a very positive effect as in getting a change in abortion law which has resulted in many abortion clinics closing down as they don't want to be held accountable for their barbarity.

A march is one of the best way to suss out the opposition and learn what they are like. At our last one a few weeks ago, the satanic nature of their protest was unimaginable. They even took to knocking down old pensioners and hitting them with the signs they were carrying.

Although there was a police presence, they just stood by and watched it all happen
ChristRoseFromTheDead said:
I bet if women were required to view a sonogram of their child before aborting, abortions would go down dramatically, voluntarily .
That is 100% true, that is why abortion clinics will NOT let a women see a sonogram because they know most will change their minds.

The pro-abortionists scream blue murder that to make a women see a sonogram means you are denying her the right to choose...an abortion. The right to not choose an abortion never enters their heads.
Arnie Manitoba said:
The late Mother Theresa provided the best answer to the abortion question when the media hounded her for a comment ... she turned to the camera and said .....

Bring me your babies .... I will take them all
There is no such thing as a one size fits all with abortion. We need to utilize any method available to us legally to bring attention to the baby holocaust visited on us by atheist ideology.

I am involved in a Pregnancy Support Centre, where we offer caring counsel and support before and after birth for mothers who choose not to abort. I counsel fathers whose baby has been killed against their will.

Taking the babies is not the answer, helping the mother to care and nurture them is. That is what pregnancy support centres do. One day, we hope the mother will meet a man who will love both mother and child and they can become a family.

One story of involvement in this sort of thing highlights you never give up. A particular country town seemed to have more than its fair share of unmarried teen mothers as a result of "free love." The council was a bit desperate because of all the services they had to provide so they approached the churches to see if they could come up with something.

The churches got together and prayed for guidance and then decided to open a centre for unmarried teenage mothers five days a week. It was staffed by volunteers from the churches who taught the mothers various skills like computers, cooking, budgeting, dress making and baby care.

The volunteers looked after the children whilst the mothers were being trained.

The church leadership said on no account were the volunteers to proselytise the mothers or preach the gospel to them. The methodology was to let their lives do the talking.

Their lives did so much talking in the space of 18 months about 150 of the mothers were saved and started attending the local churches.

That is just one example of dealing with the abortion holocaust.
Arnie Manitoba said:
It is a good example , and every group who oppose abortion should attempt the same thing. Nobody on the face of the earth can find fault with that type of christian response.
First of all you have got to get the churches to oppose abortion. Sad to say, there are Christians performing abortions and christians having abortions.

And despite what you think about pro-abortion groups, they are usually the ones who are setting up and running the pregnancy support centres.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Marksman .... I think you missed my whole point .... read the OP .... I feel it would be better to spend our money saving babies before abortion .... rather than a museum for babies after abortion .

Horsecamp ... I hear you , and I share your frustrations , thanks , its just that we have worn out the anti-abortion message and people dont even want to hear it anymore , not that here is anything wrong with the message.

Everybody else .... may I be completely honest ..... if we men had to be the ones to carry babies for 9 months , give birth to them , protect and nurture them for the next 18 years .... give up all our fun stuff ..... the abortion rate would probably be 80% and there would only be a handful of people on the planet..

When it comes to abortion .... the invisible absent father is just as much to blame as the poor girl who gets stuck with all the responsibility.

We men need to bash ourselves more than we bash the women.

Thank you

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
This discussion thread has been cleaned up in order to eliminate all of the back-and-forth personal attacks.

I want to remind everyone of two of this site's rules:

• No insults allowed. This rule will be strictly enforced. This community has a core set of beliefs that we clearly state at multiple locations on this website. However, we recognize that unity in Christ is the ultimate aim and this can be achieved even when there is disagreement on doctrinal issues. A good way to avoid this issue is to focus on the doctrine and not the person. This, of course, includes any kind of insults based on race or beliefs.
  • Do not circumvent forum policies or publicly discuss staff actions. This means that if you are disciplined for violating forum rules, do not circumvent bans or other limitations placed on your account. If you have an issue with action(s) taken by the staff here at Christianity Board, please use the appropriate private channels to conduct your appeal or dissatisfaction. And remember, simply because someone has “Account Disabled” as a tag does not mean that they were banned.

tom55

Love your neighbor as yourself
Sep 9, 2013
Dodo_David said:
I wasn't aware that the work of the Holy Spirit could be purchased.

The best response and truest response, by far. The conversation should have ended with Dodo Davids post......in my opinion.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Dodo_David said:
  • And remember, simply because someone has “Account Disabled” as a tag does not mean that they were banned.
What does it mean then?

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
It often means that they themselves have asked to have their accounts disabled. For some reason or another, they do not wish to continue having an account here.

Apocalypticist

May 26, 2013
I'm not educated much about pro-life, but I know that some of the advocacy groups are involved in one-on-one counseling with women contemplating abortion and they are telling these women that they have options, not just the ones the society has told them they have! If the women need to be trained, if they need a place, anything you can think of and it is this first line of fighters who are out there to deliver relief to these young women. But for political advocacy.. it's a rotten system top to bottom and there your money is waging a losing battle. You're a lot better helping the organizations that are doing the most damage to the abominable Molech cult which are the groups that are reaching the young women themselves.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
It's interesting, isn't it, how today people would cry out horribly at the whole "Molech" cult, which would sacrifice children.....when what they're doing is exactly the same....the only difference is that then the children had already been born, and today they are still in the womb. Then it was to the 'god' Molech, but today it's to the 'god' of choice and convenience. But basically....the same.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
The last time that I checked, it takes two people to make a baby, one female, the other male.

I don't see how it would be legal for a pregnant woman to kill her own unborn child without the child's father giving his consent to the killing.

Rach1370

Apr 17, 2010
Australia
I suppose that 'the father' gives his consent by walking away. So many pregnancys occur from 'casual' encounters, where the two adults don't plan to see each other ever again. Yet another reason for God giving us the covenant of marriage.

Dodo_David

Melmacian in human guise
Jul 13, 2013
Rach said:
I suppose that 'the father' gives his consent by walking away. So many pregnancys occur from 'casual' encounters, where the two adults don't plan to see each other ever again. Yet another reason for God giving us the covenant of marriage.
I know of a case in which the father walked away because the mother wouldn't get an abortion.
No, the two weren't married to each other.

horsecamp

Feb 1, 2008
Dodo_David said:
I wasn't aware that the work of the Holy Spirit could be purchased.
The work of the holy spirit is to Give and strengthen faith in Jesus he works through the gospel message and sacraments.. .. The law shows every one sins because its written in hearts.
that's why their are prolife athieists..
1 Corinthians 12:3
Therefore I want you to know that no one who is speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus be cursed,” and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

Romans 2:14-16
New International Version (NIV)

14 (Indeed, when Gentiles, who do not have the law, do by nature things required by the law, they are a law for themselves, even though they do not have the law. 15 They show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bearing witness, and their thoughts sometimes accusing them and at other times even defending them.) 16 This will take place on the day when God judges people’s secrets through Jesus Christ, as my gospel declares.

snr5557

Jan 19, 2014
I don't think that will change much of anything. Besides, even if people made it illegal to get abortions that doesn't mean they would stop. People would just get "back street" abortions, in which the baby, and more likely the mother, would be killed.