Are You Happy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
John 13:14-17
14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.

17 If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

WDJD

Sep 15, 2014
Our happiness should come from the glory and spirit of God.

1 Peter 4:12 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: 4:13 But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy. 4:14 If ye be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are ye; for the spirit of glory and of God resteth upon you: on their part he is evil spoken of, but on your part he is glorified. 4:15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. 4:16 Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf. 4:17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? 4:18 And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear? 4:19 Wherefore let them that suffer according to the will of God commit the keeping of their souls to him in well doing, as unto a faithful Creator.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
I am personally happy, but seldom content. I am content in what I believe, but not usually satisfied in where I'm at in life. I'm not sure its a good thing to be content, because it might mean that you want for nothing better and an attitude like that might bring all progress & growth in life to a screeching halt? Anyhow, I'm happy, but need to accomplish what Paul did; "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content" (Philippians 4;11).

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. ~Abraham Lincoln

Happiness? That's nothing more than health and a poor memory. ~Albert Schweitzer

As people spin faster and faster in the pursuit of personal happiness, they become exhausted in the futile effort of chasing themselves.

The happiness of most people is not ruined by great catastrophes or fatal errors, but by the repetition of slowly destructive little things.

Unhappiness is not knowing what we want and killing ourselves to get it.

Three grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love, and something to hope for.

You need to learn to be happy by nature, because you'll seldom have the chance to be happy by circumstance.

Enquirer

Aug 5, 2014
South Africa
Happiness is fleeting and is based on external factors, like, I'm feeling happy because my bank account is bulging with money, I just got promoted,
etc., etc.
When things go bad then happiness goes out of the window.
Joy is more internal and can be felt even in the midst of an unhappy situation.
It's a deep feeling that radiates from your spirit man, you just want to shout or sing or glorify God.
It's like your spirit man is exalting from within you ... man I can feel it now as I think about it ... I can't really put it into words but I really sense it strongly
when I'm worshipping God or praying in the spirit - if you believe in that.

On Sunday while I was lost in praising and worshipping God, my mind was focused on him and then all of a sudden I had this vision of Jesus surrounded
by angels who were glorifying him and two angels stood in front of him and began to spin so fast and then exalt and explode into light.
Their faces were so childlike in their innocence as they loved him and Jesus stood smiling at them revelling in their love for him.

That filled my heart with such joy I had to choke back tears at this amazing sight ... I spent the rest of the day just praising him and singing and right up to now
this deep inner sense of his presence, this joy fills me.
The Bible says that in the presence of the Lord is fullness of joy, because that is what radiates from him and it is infectious and only comes to us when we
are locked into him.
I seriously pray that others would sense this too.

Normally I don't talk this way and am strictly word only but God be praised some things you have to share.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i am happiest when practicing my sanctification: delaying gratification; regulating emotion; suspending my disbelief; remaining cognitively flexible; and embracing the unknown with awe and wonder! Amen

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, this is a difficult one. I do not waiver in my faith. I guess, if I look at it this way I'm happy... I am breathing, the Lord is with me, my kids are in good health, and the sun came up today. But with worldly things... Not so much. I want to think I am strong and content but I dont really crave for than I have, I more or less want what I have to be better... Does that make sense??/

kbrenton

Dec 13, 2014
Delaware
God never promised happiness, he said there would be suffering and great trouble.What he did offer us was peace in all things no matter what the situation is. He promised to always be with us, never forsaking or abandoning us. In all situations we are to be at rest and peace trusting in the grace of God and relying on His strength to help us persevre.

God Bless
Kim

Reactions: Born_Again

LightRays

Nov 8, 2014
I am content most of the times, but it was not always the case. Happy ? I don't really know. I think happiness comes and goes sometimes and more an emotional state, but contentment not. Just my opinion.