Are you worshipping in the temple or are you

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
without the temple? The Temple is Christ who is the living Word of God and those who are in him WILL be those abiding in the Word and the Word will be abiding in them to full maturity. Jesus warned us saying many will say Lord Lord in that day but I will not recognize them as one with Me as a member of my holy body as they have MUCH spiritual growth to do (growing pains to suffer) and I have not found them clothed in Christ because they have way too much flesh showing. If you have not put on Christ, I would repent and get to it! For you don't want to be found NAKED and ASHAMED!

Rev 11:1-5
11:1 And there was given me a reed like unto a rod: and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein.
2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.
3 And I will give power unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth.
4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
5 And if any man will hurt them, fire proceedeth out of their mouth, and devoureth their enemies: and if any man will hurt them, he must in this manner be killed.
KJV

We are not the measure... the Rod of God which is Christ the Word, he is the measure.

Matt 7:21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
KJV
Luke 6:46-47
46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
KJV
Matt 25:11-12
11 Afterward came also the other virgins, saying, Lord, Lord, open to us.
12 But he answered and said, Verily I say unto you, I know you not.
KJV

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
Land of the Long White Cloud
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
The Temple is Christ....
Christ is not the temple. The Temple is where Christ and God reside [dwell].

Matthew 21
12 Then Jesus went into the temple of God and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. 13 And He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’”

1 Corinthians 3:16
Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?

1 Corinthians 6:19
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Hebrews 9
24 For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence.

Blessings!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Not sure of teh revelation bit but all teh rest is spot on

In all His Love

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
afaithfulone4u said:
without the temple? The Temple is Christ who is the living Word of God and those who are in him WILL be those abiding in the Word and the Word will be abiding in them to full maturity. Jesus warned us saying many will say Lord Lord in that day but I will not recognize them as one with Me as a member of my holy body as they have MUCH spiritual growth to do (growing pains to suffer) and I have not found them clothed in Christ because they have way too much flesh showing. If you have not put on Christ, I would repent and get to it! For you don't want to be found NAKED and ASHAMED!
where i have used bold on your quote would you please show me where in scripture this is said or implied please. i know you quoted where not everyone who claims to be a christian will enter into heaven. but those scriptures are not applicable to that which is in bold print. unless i have misunderstood where you were coming from. i await you response.

angelina
what you said about Christ not being the temple is well stated.

God bless

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
The brethren that will be naked and ashamed when our Lord Jesus returns will especially be those who associate themselves with the Jewish temple the Orthodox Jews in Jerusalem plan to build in the last days and start up the OT sacrifices again. Hard to believe any Christian would support that working in Jerusalem today, but that's exactly what is happenning with some Christian churches sending them funds to build it, just because those Orthodox Jews ask Christians to join in with that.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
veteran said:
The brethren that will be naked and ashamed when our Lord Jesus returns will especially be those who associate themselves with the Jewish temple the Orthodox Jews in Jerusalem plan to build in the last days and start up the OT sacrifices again. Hard to believe any Christian would support that working in Jerusalem today, but that's exactly what is happenning with some Christian churches sending them funds to build it, just because those Orthodox Jews ask Christians to join in with that.

You can calm down, I am talking about the ONLY Temple that is Christ's Body which is not built by men's hands but is a spiritual temple by God.
I do not send any money for a man made temple for the new Jerusalem is the body of Christ, not the earthly Jerusalem that was torn down in 70 ad so the new temple under built upon God's Word could take precedence.

7angels said:
where i have used bold on your quote would you please show me where in scripture this is said or implied please. i know you quoted where not everyone who claims to be a christian will enter into heaven. but those scriptures are not applicable to that which is in bold print. unless i have misunderstood where you were coming from. i await you response.

angelina
what you said about Christ not being the temple is well stated.

God bless
I was not quoting scripture as you can see, for if I was I would have put the Book and chapter. But if one has still iniquity in them then they are not walking in Christ and he will not recognize them as part of his holy body that is led of the Spirit of God because he The Word is the same as the Father and those who have been birthed in his image will be IDENTICAL in attributes.
As for the temple being Christ let's just let the Word speak the truth. The problem men have in understanding this is that you believe you are a bride, when you are joined to Christ who is the Word of God and just as Adam was both male and female, so is the last Adam who is Jesus and we are his hands, feets etc... in this world.
Rev 21:22
22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
KJV
Rev 3:12
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
KJV

1 Cor 12:12-20
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
KJV

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
afaithfulone4u said:
You can calm down, I am talking about the ONLY Temple that is Christ's Body which is not built by men's hands but is a spiritual temple by God.
I do not send any money for a man made temple for the new Jerusalem is the body of Christ, not the earthly Jerusalem that was torn down in 70 ad so the new temple under built upon God's Word could take precedence.

I was not quoting scripture as you can see, for if I was I would have put the Book and chapter. But if one has still iniquity in them then they are not walking in Christ and he will not recognize them as part of his holy body that is led of the Spirit of God because he The Word is the same as the Father and those who have been birthed in his image will be IDENTICAL in attributes.
As for the temple being Christ let's just let the Word speak the truth. The problem men have in understanding this is that you believe you are a bride, when you are joined to Christ who is the Word of God and just as Adam was both male and female, so is the last Adam who is Jesus and we are his hands, feets etc... in this world.
Rev 21:22
22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.
KJV
Rev 3:12
12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.
KJV

1 Cor 12:12-20
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
14 For the body is not one member, but many.
15 If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
16 And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?
17 If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?
18 But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.
19 And if they were all one member, where were the body?
20 But now are they many members, yet but one body.
KJV
Christ Jesus is The Cornerstone of the True Temple, which is a Spiritual Temple, but you've denied that Apostle Paul was talking about a literal physical temple in 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 that the Orthodox unbelieving Jews are gathering materials to build in our times.

I don't think there are ANY authentic believers on Christ Jesus that are confused about what the True Spiritual Temple of Ephesians 2 is.

But to confuse the True Spiritual Temple of Eph.2 with the literal physical one that will be built with hands in 2 Thess.2:3-4 that Paul warned about, that's a vain attempt to TWIST the Scriptures, which you have been caught doing in other threads.

williemac

Apr 29, 2012
Canada
Faithful one said: (#7) "As for the temple being Christ let's just let the Word speak the truth.
The problem men have in understanding this is that you believe you are a
bride, when you are joined to Christ who is the Word of God and just as
Adam was both male and female, so is the last Adam who is Jesus and we
are his hands, feets etc... in this world."

It is a problem that I believe the church is the bride of Christ? Then why is the term in scripture? And why is there a marriage supper of the Lamb? Adam was not both male and female. The female was created from his essence. Gen.1:27, does not say.."male and female He made him"...but rather male and female, He made THEM".

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
I am a temple of God in the Holy Ghost. Thus Jesus doth reside in me and I in HIM! "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;" (1 Corinthiams 6:19)

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Angelina said:
Christ is not the temple. The Temple is where Christ and God reside [dwell].

Matthew 21
12 Then Jesus went into the temple of God and drove out all those who bought and sold in the temple, and overturned the tables of the money changers and the seats of those who sold doves. 13 And He said to them, “It is written, ‘My house shall be called a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’”

1 Corinthians 3:16
Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?

1 Corinthians 6:19
Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;

Hebrews 9
24 For Christ did not enter a sanctuary made with human hands that was only a copy of the true one; he entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God’s presence.

Blessings!
Ahh, let me see if I am understanding you here, Christ is not the body and the body is not Christ. So why do you think it is called the body of Christ?

I wonder what is your understanding of what Paul says here?
Has Christ been divided into factions? Was I, Paul, crucified for you? Were any of you baptized in the name of Paul? Of course not! 1Cor.1:13