The Temple Mount

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Father Jim

Oct 20, 2023
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Revelation 11 starts with John measuring the temple's outer court. He's told NOT to measure because it has been given over to the gentiles. The outer court is either the location of the Dome of the Rock where Muslim's believe Muhammad ascended to heaven, or the Al-Aqsa Mosque.

The 42 months or 3 1/2 years is the length of time the man of sin will reign from the Dome or Al-Aqsa Mosque. Jesus, as well as other OT prophets, said, "Behold, your house is left unto you desolate." Daniel 9:27 says that the temple remains desolate "until the consummation." (I don't accept the gap theory or dispensational view of Danile 9:25-27).

...and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation. The temple mount is still desolate and that ends at the final 3 1/2 years of the anti-Christ reign. That means East Jerusalem will once again be invaded by the Muslim armies, either those of Ez. 38-39 or of Ps. 83. So, what's the purpose of these two witnesses?

Rev. 11:3-4 And I will give POWER unto my two witnesses, and they shall prophesy a thousand two hundred and threescore days, clothed in sackcloth. These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

These two prophesy and preach repentance. The olive trees represent the Holy Spirit, and the lampstands represent God's Word. The rest of the story proves to Muslim's the power of the resurrection. There's no reason to presume a rapture takes place in verse 11 when these two are resurrected.

There are a few places with measuring similarities. Ezekiel measured a temple in Ch. 40. In Zechariah 2 someone measured Jerusalem. In Zechariah chapter 2 the city of Jerusalem is measured to show that God’s judgment is coming on it. In Revelation 21, the New Jerusalem is measured.

I think the most important thing to remember is that the Temple mount - Mount Moriah - is the only piece of ground on earth that God has claimed as His own in the bible and an abomination called the Islamic Dome of the Rock currently 'sits upon' it.

At times in the OT, measuring indicates ownership, protection, and preservation. Habakkuk measured the earth meaning God owns the earth and can do whatever He wants with it. He knows everything about the earth, Jerusalem, and the temple. So, in my view the rebuilding of a temple in Revelation 11 is incorrect. There's no more delay.