Arguing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That depends on if the “truth” we say is of such value destroys or kills. Everyone will tell you they are trying to save you. Telling you “I’m just telling you the truth that you need to hear.” When sometimes the truth they are trying to force upon you, doesn’t seem like life but like death. Then you are at least left questioning the motive. Asking do they even understand their own motive towards you???

Thank you again Walter..

I look upon the tongue a bit differently....I can do nothing in my own strength, I put my faith and trust in God, that in his strength, my tongue gets better....Praise God imo it has, ..I’m not saying he does it all, my will/ heart must imo want it as well....it must be true from my heart that I want to stop verbally abusing people, hope that makes sense.xx

I don’t think it will ever be fully tamed on earth...what do you think?..xx
When God permits his adversary to remain as lord here, I see the human experience,be we Christian or otherwise,as a test.

It is one thing to profess right behavior in writing. The challenge is to live it naturally when real conflict issues that challenge us make their appearance.

And just to add while hopefully not inspiring a different thread title, there is nothing wrong with having a temper either.

God knows.

No,really. The entire Bible proves He has one too.

Made in the image and likeness of God.

That's us from our beginning. How many of us meditate on that natural by God's will fact before we judge ourselves as lacking in some way.

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you again Walter..

I look upon the tongue a bit differently....I can do nothing in my own strength, I put my faith and trust in God, that in his strength, my tongue gets better....Praise God imo it has, ..I’m not saying he does it all, my will/ heart must imo want it as well....it must be true from my heart that I want to stop verbally abusing people, hope that makes sense.xx

I don’t think it will ever be fully tamed on earth...what do you think?..xx
Well, for me taking His yoke upon myself means learning to obey His words of life for whatever is necessary to do without murmuring with each other if possible.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That depends on if the “truth” we say is of such value destroys or kills. Everyone will tell you they are trying to save you. Telling you “I’m just telling you the truth that you need to hear.” When sometimes the truth they are trying to force upon you, doesn’t seem like life but like death. Then you are at least left questioning the motive. Asking do they even understand their own motive towards you???
Give them a better truth.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Such “general reminders” are a distraction from the OP topic.

We need AIR the OXYGEN.
yea rather me thinks some folks just dont like the reminder that other relgions are false
and that they must repent and believe on Christ Jesus . rather they would just like to believe
all is well , all is fine , lets just go with the flow and take the easy road . only that road ends in perdition .
ALL other religoins are false . ALL souls need to BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST
and all who claim too need to get busy exposing the one world love religoins lie . expose that HO for the HO SHE IS
and let none enter into her abraham peace accords LIE or inclusive social gospel lie . TIS ALLL the same
they got both sides duped .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yea rather me thinks some folks just dont like the reminder that other relgions are false
and that they must repent and believe on Christ Jesus . rather they would just like to believe
all is well , all is fine , lets just go with the flow and take the easy road . only that road ends in perdition .
ALL other religoins are false . ALL souls need to BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST
and all who claim too need to get busy exposing the one world love religoins lie . expose that HO for the HO SHE IS
and let none enter into her abraham peace accords LIE or inclusive social gospel lie . TIS ALLL the same
they got both sides duped .
who needs this reminder?

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no problem whatsoever by being ignored, I’m very secure within myself ,in that area...plus it’s better to ignore some than to get embroiled in petty arguing with them....that’s why we have the ignore option....I love it!!........we can still be tempted to react.......so best hit that ignore button..imo.
It dont matter who ignores ya or what one says about ya , You know i loves ya .
NOW MARCH EVER ONWARD IN THE GLORIOUS LORD .
NO retreat and no Surrender . ITS THE PREACHING OF THE ONE TRUE GOSPEL TO THE END no matter the cost .
its getting real sad when folks no longer even believe things that JESUS HIMSELF said . and the one true gospel
is being pushed out for a lovey do social THING that wont save but will surely damn .
As for me , YOU ALREADY KNOW WELL WHO THIS LAMB GONNA POINT TOO and i will
offer up NO OTHER HOPE , because THERE IS NO OTHER HOPE .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
who needs this reminder?
over seventy percent in Satandom . when the heck did the gospel get replaced by so many .
Over seventy percent within christendom now beleive the lie that GOD is fine with all religoins
What a lie that is . I dont seem to remember GOD sharing HIS HONOR
with false religoins , with baal or muhammed or hindu or whateverdu . THE SON . ITS TIME WE POINT
to THE GLORY OF GOD . the SON OF GOD and make sure to never offer up false hope to the lost and to the dead in all other false religoins . OH i am a stickler to the point of constant reminders about the ONE TRUE GOSPEL that do save .
THE ONE THAT SAYS HE WHO BELIEVETH
not satans right hand all inclusive one who says Just lovey do it dont matter what religoin one is in we all serve the same
God of the lovey do . what a crock of heavily satuated with dung lie that one is . BUT i see some even here starting to buy the lie that muslims and etc are serving the same GOD WE DO . sorry but they only serve the same god i once did
AND DO I NEED say why that god was not capitlized . cause it the devil mama . sorry for the adam sandler
remark but i am wore out with this lie big time .

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And just to add while hopefully not inspiring a different thread title, there is nothing wrong with having a temper either.
It depends what you mean by temper?

I have seen me shouting and bawling for years , as that temper had been locked away for years, ..then all that destructive stuff inside of me had to come out, it came out the “ wrong” way...

I understand why I had a temper and the shouting and bawling....it’s now died it’s death....

My hysterical temper is no more....I believe that in my heart.....having an hysterical temper is certainly no fruit of the Spirit....I bear Jesus fruit..not my fruit, which is no fruit at all.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It dont matter who ignores ya or what one says about ya , You know i loves ya .
NOW MARCH EVER ONWARD IN THE GLORIOUS LORD .
NO retreat and no Surrender . ITS THE PREACHING OF THE ONE TRUE GOSPEL TO THE END no matter the cost .
its getting real sad when folks no longer even believe things that JESUS HIMSELF said . and the one true gospel
is being pushed out for a lovey do social THING that wont save but will surely damn .
As for me , YOU ALREADY KNOW WELL WHO THIS LAMB GONNA POINT TOO and i will
offer up NO OTHER HOPE , because THERE IS NO OTHER HOPE .
Amen!!.xx

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
over seventy percent in Satandom . when the heck did the gospel get replaced by so many .
Over seventy percent within christendom now beleive the lie that GOD is fine with all religoins
What a lie that is . I dont seem to remember GOD sharing HIS HONOR
with false religoins , with baal or muhammed or hindu or whateverdu . THE SON . ITS TIME WE POINT
to THE GLORY OF GOD . the SON OF GOD and make sure to never offer up false hope to the lost and to the dead in all other false religoins . OH i am a stickler to the point of constant reminders about the ONE TRUE GOSPEL that do save .
THE ONE THAT SAYS HE WHO BELIEVETH
not satans right hand all inclusive one who says Just lovey do it dont matter what religoin one is in we all serve the same
God of the lovey do . what a crock of heavily satuated with dung lie that one is . BUT i see some even here starting to buy the lie that muslims and etc are serving the same GOD WE DO . sorry but they only serve the same god i once did
AND DO I NEED say why that god was not capitlized . cause it the devil mama . sorry for the adam sandler
remark but i am wore out with this lie big time .
I must be honest with you brother. 70%. Where do you get this number from? I don’t see it.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's an uncomfortable newsflash-- but entirely appropriate for a "Christian" discussion board....

Opinion and Belief --walk hand in hand.

That is why I keep saying Beliefs, Truths, Facts.
It is better to keep your religion in the Truths…Facts columns because beliefs can be anything.

As far as the methodology of Christian study that is a course.

And arguing??? Forgive me for being analytical.
What is arguing? What is being rude? Is violence bad? What is compassion? What is politeness? What is love?
Spare the rod, spoil the child….
You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?
a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.

I have seen it all….I have seen blood and guts and have caused blood and guts. I have seen demons tack a mother and her children to a wall with machine guns.

Christians emotionally debating theology?…..LOL That is the norm since Christianity began…It does not matter if it was the Judaizers or the Gnostics or the Catholics or the Protestants that could not even agree with each other.

At times politeness is more about self respect, self image than respect for others. A type of self defined character that they wish to portray to others so they think they are a good person. Don’t get be wrong….I am big on manners but as Patrick Swayze said, Be nice until it is time not to be nice.

Now I am probably one of the most tolerant person you will meet, when it comes to worshipping with differing beliefs…..because I know most denominations have errors in their understanding but most Protestant denominations can lead people to salvation and Heaven, so I will fellowship and worship with a lot of them. One of the worst excuses for not going to church is that you are looking for one that is perfect…no such thing.

I enjoy debating politely….and it happen a lot on this form. But then you have beliefs that lead people to Hell. What do you do? You can be nice to them and pat them on the back and God bless them. And everybody will think you are nice….as you watch that person continue on their journey to Hell. Nice???

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Some of us are knowledgeable enough to know the Hell bound beliefs….the Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Judaizers, the OSAS, Calvinists, Homo friendly churches etc. Of course civil discussions with them are possible but it usually gets out of hand. Would it be right to just back out of the conversation to avoid an argument?

But what would Christ do? What would Christ want us to do? What will Christ say to us on Judgment Day? Why didn’t you warn them? Why didn’t you go the extra mile and challenge them? Why didn’t you tell them the Truth? Christ might say, Because you were more interested in being polite, Miss Suzy Jehovah’s Witness is now screaming in the fires of Hell for eternity because you did not risk being impolite. But you looked good in front of men being polite to her. In the fires of Hell she will be wishing that someone loved her enough to shake her tree!

By all means….Be nice until it is time not to be nice.

Reactions: Adrift

Duck Muscles

Mar 19, 2024
Europe
Faith
Christian
Country
Denmark
That's a great point. I often remind people that Paul did not command us to get along but lamented that we should.

One thing about a debate compared to argument. I can deny the logic of my idea is wrong but admit that my heated argument was wrong, such as making personal attacks.

In our feminized society, people confuse facts with feelings. Because the argument made you feel a certain way does not mean it is wrong. I suppose the greater argument is that it is not about one side or the other being wrong; it's about maintaining the relationship through the process.

For instance, my wife often asks why my answer is no to something she asks. She doesn't care what the reason is! She wants to attack the reason. I used to ask my ex-wife "if I said yes, would I have to explain why?" Therefore, I remind her:
"No" does not require an explanation.
I can understand the ex part.

I believe a no does require an answer
The yes,is concessionary and as such is an answer. When a negative or non- concession asks for an explanation in itself.

Example.

Honey, I was offered a job in Germany starting next year when my current contract is up for negotiation.

I told that other company,no thank you.

Is she deserving of an explanation for my response that was selfish on my part in not consulting her first? Since the offer and an answer affects both our lives?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can understand the ex part.

I believe a no does require an answer
The yes,is concessionary and as such is an answer. When a negative or non- concession asks for an explanation in itself.

Example.

Honey, I was offered a job in Germany starting next year when my current contract is up for negotiation.

I told that other company,no thank you.

Is she deserving of an explanation for my response that was selfish on my part in not consulting her first? Since the offer and an answer affects both our lives?
No.

• Haha
Reactions: Duck Muscles

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Exactly how many former Mrs. are there? ;)
The premise of your scenario is flawed. In order for a couple to decide on something like that it first has to be acceptable to the one offered the job.

There is no compromise with no. If I was open to the job, then and only then would it make sense to discuss it.

Having said that, again you have the situation reversed. It is my wife that wants to do something and is not respecting my no. Why my answer is no may be philosophically interesting but not politically required.. In Other words, not a basis for negotiation.

Consider another political situation. My wife is pregnant and wants to have an abortion. I want her to keep it. She says no. Is her no subject to my veto? As long as I ‘don’t understand’ why, she morally cannot go through with the abortion?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The premise of your scenario is flawed. In order for a couple to decide on something like that it first has to be acceptable to the one offered the job.
@Duck Muscles, let me give you a real life scenario. I was offered a job out of State. I was open to it. My wife was open to it as well.

In fact, to sweeten the deal, they paid her to come out with me on the interview - staying over the weekend. She is a life long resident of a mid-Western town and loved Miami. It was an even bigger decision as it meant her moving away from her grandchildren. Still, she was excited about a new life.

We talked about it at great length. Ultimately, the offer package was insufficient by a significant amount. I went over all the details with my wife and hated to pass on it. She left the decision to me. No.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I must be honest with you brother. 70%. Where do you get this number from? I don’t see it.
from a report that came out three years back . This is a survey report . now we know its not gonna be one hundred percent
accurate . heck it might be worse .
But the mainstream churches and peoples they asked certain questions too
well it didnt look good at all . over seventy percent that answered
believed GOD was okay with ALL RELIGOINS . didnt even have to BELEIVE JESUS WAS THE CHRIST to be saved .
THAT my friend is real bad .
Inclusivity the new age version of love and salvation has been making big inroads into even Christendom .
But it aint just Christendom . Even the false religoins , more and more of its peoples
are believing the same line . That aint gonna save them either and it aint gonna bode
well for any who particapted in its love lie that could not save , BUT DENIED the dire need TO HAVE to BELIEVE ON JESUS
as it offered up another wordly version of love that it claims came of GOD . ONLY
you can bet your bottom dollar , top down and bottom up dollar , the whole stack , THAT THIS LOVE IS NOT FROM GOD
but from the dragon . NO LOVE from GOD would EVER have denied HIS OWN TESTIMONY that HE GAVE OF THE SON .
NO LOVE OF GOD WOULD DO SUCH A THING . but this lovey do stuff sure does .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All souls need AIR the OXYGEN.
yet what IF the air the children breath Contains no oxygene .........
ya ever gave that a thought .
THUS what if the love so many think is the LOVE OF GOD
aint coming from GOD but from the world and of the dragon .
WE better make darn sure the air we breath contains oxygene
WELL WE BETTER darn make sure the truth we think is truth , the love we think is love
IS FROM GOD and not from twisted men . DO be encouraged . Let us pick up our bible and get busy feasting my friend .