Arguing

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Crochet is different to knitting...the abbreviations are also hard to follow on patterns, if you aren’t familiar with the crochet/ knitting abbreviations.

I’ve forgotten the abbreviations for knitting...my advice Sis, for your granddaughter is.....look up beginners guide to crochet, on YouTube, they will take her through the abbreviations step by step.

I’m going to be watching a tutorial on YouTube....all I can remember is plain stitch...I also want to learn to cast on much neater....it’s all on YouTube....good luck....that star looks delightful,xx
That is exactly what I advised her to do when I was scratching my head saying “this doesn’t make any sense!” I put the instructions back in the box and said “Maddie, YouTube it. They will show you how to do it.” She agreed. I will probably go over one day and she’ll have them all finished. That is one good thing about YouTube. I never could put twine on a weed eater correctly…until I YouTubed it. And this farmer showed me a foolproof way and now I never dread when the string runs out because it’s simple to load back up and keep working.

Reactions: Ritajanice

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Think about this for a second .
Did it bother me that folks talked about something that was not the focus of the topic . NO .
And i noticed even wrangler was busy too .
And yet when i bring biblical things to remind us i get told Air the oxygen .
I only brought this up to make us all THINK about this .
WHAT it is about them reminders that bother some folks so ........
NOT YOU of course . but i did want to mention this to you anyway .

SO the question for us all
is WHY is it okay to change the subject for Some things , but deadly wrong to do so to remind us of the truth .
SOmething sure dont seem right about that my dear sister .
What bothers me about it is: it always harps on the misery of the vast majority in its failure to succeed. It would be like someone coming to my home and family and saying “look at the filth!” With a friendly reminder constantly “only maybe one of you will make it. I’m sorry but that is the truth about those around you.” Then mocking “What!? You are deflated by that truth? I’m just giving you the good news now get into your bible and get to reading!” That may not make sense but it seems the overwhelming joy is anchored in the mast majority of the obvious failure of a whole …except for a few which supposedly preach the good news. I don’t know …something is off about it. Like it would be my putting every one else down to make myself feel better. Yet the blame(again every one else down) is people just don’t like hearing the words of Jesus. Something seriously rubs me the wrong way about it. I guess that is me. Just being honest that it also feels like when people tell me they do a thing for my benefit but it feels shrouded in something else so I don’t know if I’m getting the whole truth.

But I think mostly what rubs me the wrong way about it …if I’m being honest. Is it rejects me. It belittles me. (I mean if we can be honest about it then I’m Not acceptable into the click. I mean I know it. But question is can there be any honesty?) And I do think that isn’t God because even if I am His enemy..He said He loved me even while I was yet His enemy(and gave Himself for me). To be shunned and with a sideways smile told I’m not really trying to hurt you. None of it lines up with His Voice (Imo).

That is opinion though. Like the topic of the thread. Where just because that is my opinion …I don’t see how that automatically proves I don’t like bible verses or get offended over bible verses. That to me is just using that to say I don’t have a right to have an opinion.

I’m sorry. I get that is a lot and maybe nonproductive. But that is my way of venting. How long can you take hearing or reading “y’all just don’t like hearing bible verses” and never say what is on your mind …right or wrong.

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it that you are unable to turn your eyes away? So you want the annoying posts to stop appearing in front of your eyes? Do we only speak what others wish to hear?
Laying all the hurt feelings out there because I do believe nothing gets worked out in secret. Maybe my heart condition is wrong and bitter yet I do think God always sees the condition of the heart so there is no use lying about it.

You said or suggested to turn your eyes away.
In my experience it’s not that simple.
I’ve posted and then the response comes when the topic was something else and I was NOT asking or expecting interference…then all of a sudden there’s a post to me about those against the word and failures and non believers and all that. When it comes out of no where like that…I can’t help but assume it was directed at me.

But when I respond in question that I felt it was intended towards me, as if a hint.
It’s always …nah I was just saying. But it truly felt like a sleight or intent towards something I was sharing or me in general. I’ve been in arguments with people in real life where they make a sarcastic comment that hurts me. The comment hidden where the tone is sarcasm but later it’s “what? That wasn’t sarcasm.” they will deny it was directed at me and then they always try to make me think I’m the one with the problem in making stuff up that wasn’t said. it makes me question my own mind and sanity. i do think I’m at least able to pick up on sleights or hidden hints even if they are in disguise. It not as simple as looking the other way. One could leave the board. That is about the only option and maybe that is the point. To get those fakers out…then we fakers, those wolves in sheep’s clothes leave. Win win. Now get in your bibles!

Last edited:
Reactions: marks and Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This in no way bothered me at all . But i did want to use this to make a point .
How come its okay to talk about this which is not the topic
and yet when a man brings biblical reminders do we need to AIR the Oxygen .
Think about that . Now remember i DID say to you that it dont bother me one lick you changed the subject .
But again why is it so wicked and bad for one to BRING doctrine that focuses on TRUTH and correction and reminders .
You think on that for a while .

This is an incredible display of "missing the point" while desperately trying to make a point. It's taking a shot at a wide open net and missing it. Honestly, it shows an incredible lack of self-awareness.

You try to make a point of moral equivalency that doesn't exist. The conversation had turned to knitting and quilting-- Wrangler wasn't off topic or introducing a new topic at all. He was following the conversation that the OP had steered in a direction that included these handcrafts. Then you and your shadow @Marvelloustime do what you always do. You post unrelated garbage that has nothing to do with the topic at hand>>>> see the difference?

Dance a jig o praise unto the glorious LORD my peoples . The LORD is worthy of all honor , thanksgving and praise .

So stop.

Resist.

Contain yourselves. Go start yet another thread and pat each other on the head, backs or bottoms to your heart's content. But please stop doing this in every thread. It's a distraction and you've been told repeatedly that it's annoying members. One can only assume that you don't care.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow!!!...maybe show us some of her work?xx

I love knitting, I don’t enjoy the sewing up afterwards, my friends husband is a knitter, he is an amazing knitter, she was showing me some of his work ,when we met up for coffee on Thursday, he knits a lot for charity, not blankets...toys...Peter Rabbit, Clowns, I must admit I’m not keen on the clowns, far to colourful for me.

I could show you hundreds! She owns a quilt shop.

• Love

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God definitely knows our heart, he also knows when we speak from the heart....imo, there is no good trying to sort everything out in our own strength...I’ve tried , it can’t be done...He’s in our hearts/ spirit working everything out according to “ His” purpose and plan.

I’ve given up planning, I feel silly that I even tried to plan, how situations, circumstances were going to pan out....I finally gave everything over to God. wait for Him to direct my path...and He does 100%........just my thoughts.

Reactions: Mr E

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I could show you hundreds! She owns a quilt shop.
All hand made?....or by machine?

Please show us some?

If she owns a quilt shop, surely she must have quilters working for her to keep up with the demand?xx

Quilts are popular here....especially handmade....I couldn’t afford one that’s handmade.far to expensive!

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All hand made?....or by machine?

Please show us some?

If she owns a quilt shop, surely she must have quilters working for her to keep up with the demand?xx

Quilts are popular here....especially handmade....I couldn’t afford one that’s handmade.far to expensive!

I’ll post some pics in the Gallery perhaps. “Handmade” isn’t precisely what it used to mean as almost everyone now has a $3000 computer guided sewing machine and gets the actual quilting done by someone with a $50k long arm machine, but yes —- handmade as in pieced together by hand and then stitched (quilted) by machine, which is done by downloading design patterns or customized by freehanding on the long arm.

She has two shops one that specializes in a “primitive” style— civil war/reproductions and one shop that features modern styles.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’ll post some pics in the Gallery perhaps. “Handmade” isn’t precisely what it used to mean as almost everyone now has a $3000 computer guided sewing machine and gets the actual quilting done by someone with a $50k long arm machine, but yes —- handmade as in pieced together by hand and then stitched (quilted) by machine, which is done by downloading design patterns or customized by freehanding on the long arm.
I still live back in the day...my Son keeps telling me everything has moved on in leaps and bounds.

I’m not into any of this latest tech stuff....I still knit by hand...have they come up with a robot would you know, who can do it for us?..hehehe.xx

I’m such a “ simple Simon” have you noticed,hehehe,xxx

I bet we will be getting flying cars soon, taking up all that air space.

I wondered why you laughed at my post...I can see why now, Mr E...hehehe,xxx

Ignorance is bliss I guess!...xx

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I believe this short commentary 100%

The Holy Spirit gives us the power to love. As a result, the more you allow God's Spirit to control you, the more you will love God (and others) because the Spirit is loving through you and teaching you how to love(Romans 5:5, Ephesians 5:1-2).

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The forum wouldn’t be the same without our beloved Amigo...xxx
I dont think most folks would agree sister . but lets not judge them
remember we all have assumed wrong or evil about a person .
Corrrection is GOOD and it cometh of GOD and by HIS SPIRIT he do use men to still correct
and to instruct . This may seem hard to for some to understand . Due to the fact i am so darn grave
serious and etc . BUT I do NOT harbor ill will towards any . OH I AM GRAVE i will correct
fast , BUT ITS ONLY CAUSE I DESIRE THEIR GOOD and not their destruction .
Yet for all that i am only hated more and more by those i have loved and desired only their good .
ITS THE WAY IT IS SISTER . LOOK at HE WHO IS PERFECT . LOOK at what JESUS DID
LOOK at how serious he warned , how grave he was and yet
LOOK at all HE DID . LOOK even at his prayer on the cross . EVEN THOES WHO DESPISED HIM
and those who HE had REBUKED QUITE sharply and even warned how it would be worse for them
than even SODOM on the day of judgment .
STILL HE prayed their forgivenss
NOW LOOK at stephen . THE MAN REBUKED THEM BIG TIME . BIG TIME .
and yet still he prayed their sin not be laid to their charge .
YOU SEE MANY DONT RIGHTLY DIVIDE ANYTHING anymore .
THEY EITHER PREACH A FALSE GOODNESS that seems to overloook sins and errors and creates a LIE
that makes that road to GOD VERY BROAD
or they go to the other extreme and just might expose sins but WONT POINT TOO CHRIST .
NOW ITS TIME WE GOT IN THE BIBLE for ourselves and learned BOTH THE GOODNESS and SEVERITY OF GOD .
That we embrace BOTH THE SEVERITY and GOODNESS OF GOD
because every WORD OF GOD , no matter if warning or promise IS FOR OUR GOOD , to those who take HEED
to those who BELIEVE , to those who are the BORN again . EVERY WORD sister . I EMBRACE IT ALL .
FOR EVERY WORD is for our good .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe this short commentary 100%

The Holy Spirit gives us the power to love. As a result, the more you allow God's Spirit to control you, the more you will love God (and others) because the Spirit is loving through you and teaching you how to love(Romans 5:5, Ephesians 5:1-2).
The HOLY SPIRIT DOES INDEED DO that very thing .
THE THING IS HIS LOVE IS NOT OF THE WORLD , IT REJOICES IN TRUTH not lies .
THE LOVE OF THE HOLY GHOST ....................GUESS WHO IT LOVES ABOVE ALL , before mother , before papa
before son or daughter . GOD HIS CHRIST . any love that dont put HIM FIRST
cometh of the world and it cannot love its neighbor as itself .
FOR ITS LOVE allows SIN , SINS , upon its neighbor . ITS LOVE WOnt correct . its love leaves folks in darkness
of satan and his religoins . EVERY SINGLE RELIGOIN does the bidding of satan , no matter if it cliams to have love .
THE TRUE LOVE OF GOD would point TO THE LOVE OF GOD . YEAH THE DIRE NEED TO BELIEVE ON JESUS THE CHRIST
and it sure would not honor , justify and overlook SINS within that CHURCH etither .
cause the end of sin be death . GOD WONT be mocked . JESUS is not the minstir of sin .
I am not the enemy . By grace THE LORD SIMPLY PUT HIS LOVE Into my heart
and that LOVE was FOR TRUTH , FOR HIM ABOVE ALL . NO WONDER HE PUT ME INTO THE BIBLE .
HIS EVERY WORD IS GOOD and GOOD FOR US . INCLUDING THE WARNINGS . yeah them TOO .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The forum wouldn’t be the same without our beloved Amigo...xxx
Corrrection is GOOD and it cometh of GOD and by HIS SPIRIT he do use men to still correct
and to instruct . This may seem hard to for some to understand . Due to the fact i am so darn grave
serious and etc . BUT I do NOT harbor ill will towards any . OH I AM GRAVE i will correct
Yet for all that i am only hated more and more by those i have loved and desired only their good .
LOOK at all HE DID . LOOK even at his prayer on the cross . EVEN THOES WHO DESPISED HIM
and those who HE had REBUKED QUITE sharply and even warned how it would be worse for them
THEY EITHER PREACH A FALSE GOODNESS that seems to overloook sins and errors and creates a LIE
or they go to the other extreme and just might expose sins but WONT POINT TOO CHRIST .
NOW ITS TIME WE GOT IN THE BIBLE for ourselves and learned BOTH THE GOODNESS and SEVERITY OF GOD .
because every WORD OF GOD , no matter if warning or promise IS FOR OUR GOOD , to those who take HEED
to those who BELIEVE , to those who are the BORN again . EVERY WORD sister . I EMBRACE IT ALL .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

bluedragon

Aug 7, 2021
Birmingham, Al
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
mn
I was sitting in a business meeting .....minding my own business. Manufacturing Manager went off on 28 transformers sitting in the yard waiting for the release to go to Puerto Rico. (They had been sitting for 20 days.) "I've got 28 transformers taking up space in the shipping lot. Someone needs to be fired for this! (MY Boss was sitting across the table from me.) I dropped my cellphone to get everyone's attention.

I haven't traveled for three weeks. No one has bothered to discuss this shipment. I'm here each day from 6AM to 6PM without fail. Concerning my staff, they are taught to anticipate, then provide me with the best scenario concerning shipping. I do that to provide cover when necessary. She came and explained, in detail, why that group had to be prepared at that time. Don't come to my sandbox and demand anything about my staff. Besides ........There is not a thing in this world you, nor I can do to her, that God is not already challenging her on." Table was silent. "You mean Katie." "Katie ......still looking for a fight?" "No" silence One of my Order Entry people , Katie , Had breast cancer and was undergoing radiation and chemo. As a friend and best Manager, I was in touch each and every day. As a friend, she knew I was first in line on her defense.

I changed the environment ......"Still friends? There is a reason I am still pretty and you're not. I was a catcher in Baseball. I always wore a facemask .....? Next time stop by my office .......I'll be more than happy to tell you what's going on in this place."

When you are prepared .......it's not hard at all.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think we need to let God deal with His children or those who are teaching a false gospel, don’t you?

If you believe God is prompting you to post what you post, then His will be done..it can’t be stopped...of course that’s just my opinion, others may see it differently,xx

Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we need to let God deal with His children or those who are teaching a false gospel, don’t you?

If you believe God is prompting you to post what you post, then His will be done..it can’t be stopped...of course that’s just my opinion, others may see it differently,xx
The LORD has me to warn against anything that be false . Its been that way for a very long time .
Just as HE has always had me to point to TRUTH .
but if we examine even the letters from the apostels we will see HE has always worked through the body .
Always . HE do use men to exhort . to always warn against what is false and always remind of what is true .
For many years i have known my gift . Exhortatation .
I can and must do as i am led to do . And out of great love i do as i do . I desire LIFE for all
and not death . Be encouraged . I understand why i am greatly misunderstood by many .
BUT and this is key . IF only we would be refreshed again in the letters of the apostels and etc
WE would see HOW they approached , how and what they warned about
and taught others to warn about too . ALWAYS to build up the peoples . every warning to every promise
IS FOR THE GOOD of the church . SEE how serious paul and others were about sin
and HOW they only desired people to learn to walk as THEY TOO DID . TO GROW their faith
to instruct them in what GOD had shown them . TO BUILD THEM ALL UP .
Wolves will not be tolerated on my watch . IT AINT CAUSE I desire their death , ITS CAUSE I DESIRE GOOD
for the peoples . no false hood will be allowed upon my watch . I DO IT out of LOVE FOR THE PEOPLES .
What i have been given , what i have been called to do , BY GRACE I WILL DO , AND MAY I BY GRACE
continue to DO . each joint has its function , every part its duty . MINE IS EXHORTATION .
You are loved dear sister . but if a millimeter of leaven is allowed to come in and to remain
I KNOW IT WILL LEAVEN THE WHOLE LUMP in time . OUT OF LOVE it must be corrected and done so quickly .
FOR satan sleeps not , his men rest not but do all to decieve and that even WITHIN anyone and everyone .
This lamb takes no time off to expose his works . or his men .
You just march on dear sister . SOON this will all come to an end . SOON the lambs will be HOME .
TILL THEN i must do as i must for the love and for the sake of all . no matter if it cost me all .

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who are you talking of here ,Amigo?xx

It’s a persecution complex. To not agree—- that is, to disagree - which is what this thread is about—- he likens to hatred and THAT is the problem. No disagreement is tolerated by totalitarian wannabe martyrs.

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra