Asking all women... for the most part. Harrison Butker

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, not that many, for sure. But when my birth mom died and I was a teen and dad remarried... he remarried a Catholic girl.... (ITALIAN, Catholic and large family) They all were and are very very Catholic.

Except the one... now dead... NO WRONG 2... 1 athiest and 1 agnostic... but they certainly still went to Mass???

Anyway, for the first year of their marriage every Sunday we would go to MASS... and then go to my Protestant church. Her dad , from Italy, had been a Paltine Guard 100 plus years ago and he had no ude for that church and kept telling us to watch ou and be careful of anyone Jesuit..... (another story)

Then mom had a close friend who was Catholic... Irish Catholic and I knew her kids....
Our neighbor and their 10 kids are all. They do not permit their kids to marry any non Catholic... Her sisters and husbands are....

So maybe a couple hundred????

@3Ressurections .... Is this so about the summary?

"According to the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, the book of Revelation is apocalyptic-literature filled with symbolism, much of which cannot be taken as literal and instead, provides readers with spiritual themes of the truths of Christ’s authority and ultimate power over evil."
All that symbolism cannot put a finger on current events so it is just left a mystery and/or symbolic reflections oand themes throughout Church history.

Partial-Peterists would summarize It in a very similar way.
Thanks for sharing part of your life experience.
I am half Italian and everyone on my father's side was Catholic too as would most be from that country.
I even had a Communion and Confirmation at 11 years old, but it meant nothing to me ... didn't get it. I became a real Christian at age 35, not to say Catholics aren't Christians - of course they are. I just learned that up until my introduction into the Catholic Church, they were still performing the sermons in Latin and then later I was taught by a Protestant Pastor that Catholics didn 't really read their Bibles much.
My wonderful Aunt Ann ( a Catholic) was so against Protestants and when she found out that I became one, she said to my Mom with negative smirky conotation, "Maybe he is one of those "born again" Christians" - right in front of me. I felt like putting her in her place by asking her if she really read her Bible and if so what she thought about John 3:3? But I chose to keep silent, as not to create any discord and to respect her. But here she was, 70+ years old, a church going Catholic all her life, professing her faith in your face, but ignorant to the basics. It just seems her life was accompanied by Rosary beads, weekly confession, a zillion Our Father and Hail Mary prayers. I can imagine how a conversion about the Book of Revelation would go with her? Lol Oh well, she was a good person.

• Love
Reactions: Pearl

Chains Broken

Oct 26, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good for Butker. I didn't listen to the whole speech but I'm glad someone is speaking out against the barbaric views on child murder pushed by our "Catholic" president. I hope that all those hypocrites who want to ruin his life for wrongthink see the error in their ways and come to God.

I think at this point we need to put our theological differences aside and rally around a common cause. The godless left doesn't care if you are Catholic, Protestant, or what denomination you belong to, they're out for blood. Evil has been having a field day, and it needs to be confronted. The fact that he is pro-family and pro-God is good enough for me.
I wish I could like this more than once. We are stronger as Christians vs evil, rather than Protestants vs Catholics.

Reactions: Jericho and Rita

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul never said that being married to an unbeliever automatically confers salvation upon the unbeliever or the children of their union.

It depends on your definition of....sanctified.
For the unbelieving husband is sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified through her believing husband; for otherwise your children are unclean, but now they are holy.
1st Corinthians 7:14

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Tree of Knowledge of both Good and Evil. The "Good" part is the deceptive part. Satan's kingdom is divided against itself. We should not pick either side of Satan's kingdom here below but stay on the narrow HIGH way looking neither to the right nor the left.