Attraction

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are Lust And Attraction The Same Thing?

• Total voters

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So what do you guys think? Do you think that thinking that somebody is attractive is the same as lusting after them? I don't because I think a lot of women are really beautiful but that doesn't mean that I want to hop into bed with them. I think that it's only a problem in a romantic relationship or no when the thoughts turn sexual.
If we are going around constantly being attracted to others clearly there is a problem because that is not "freedom" from self and slavery to righteousness.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no I would say if I'm married I'll always love my husband but I might find other men attractive too
given the situation I will then know what to do
Christianity teaches there is nothing to "decide" but to be faithful or else you face God's wrath.
Again, God detests immorality and adultery--it makes Him furious.
You need to stop playing games.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm a deep person, I don't lust. I would only do sexual things with my boyfriend/husband
You don't need any more information--you know what to do.
You know fornication (sex with boyfriend) is a sin I'm sure.
You're just playing games.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok...
Pretty women are everywhere... doesn't mean that I want to hear their voice...I don't want to know their names or anything about them. They are so much better that way.

Attractive women are rare. A jewel amongst the crowds. They have some comeliness about themselves but their attitudes and intelligence shine above the rest.

Lust?
Naughty thoughts?
Ok...here's how it works. I am in hopeless love with my wife. And since I'm married any woman, other than my wife, who I might desire would be instantly repulsed by my marital status. And if she isn't, I would be... and all desire for her would go out the door.

So...that puts me in a unique situation where I really don't want anyone but my wife. I lust for her and she for me. And life is simpler and easier that way without unnecessary drama.

But I've seen plenty of people who are train wrecks. You didn't want to see the mangled bodies but can't help but look at the same time. I've seen so many people absolutely destroy homes, careers, and themselves by having an affair. Fantasy never is the same as reality. People have feelings and super secret affairs never work out. Someone always gets their feelings hurt and lash out. And then the carnage begins.

So...if you lust when married...there's something wrong with your relationship with your spouse. It's not about "stopping the lusting" because that never works. It's about loving your spouse more and stop being so self centered.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You don't need any more information--you know what to do.
You know fornication (sex with boyfriend) is a sin I'm sure.
You're just playing games.
I forgot doing sexual things with a boyfriend is fornication and sin. I sincerely forgot; in fact, I'm confused and I'm not playing games. I'm not into sex, my love is more platonic so I think I'd have problems in relationships unless God helps me

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I forgot doing sexual things with a boyfriend is fornication and sin. I sincerely forgot; in fact, I'm confused and I'm not playing games. I'm not into sex, my love is more platonic so I think I'd have problems in relationships unless God helps me
If you can "forget" the definition of fornication... I don't know what you are thinking about but it needs to be more Biblical.
Of course God helps. That's what Christianity is about--God helping us to be holy and blameless.