Attributes of ... THE TWO WITNESSES ... of Rev. 11

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Revelation 11 descriptions of The Two Witnesses ......

We are told the length of time .... they will prophesy for 1,260 days

They are in Jerusalem ...... 2 They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

We are told what they will wear ..... clothed in sackcloth

They are chosen ...... 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses

They have great power ...... 6 These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

They are prophets ...... these two prophets

They are men ...... 6 These men

Also described as lampstands and trees .... 4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth.

They cannot be harmed while they testify .... 5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies.

Then will be killed and raised up again ..... 11 But after the three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet,

It appears the people will hate them ...... 10 The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.

Except for here ....... 13 ... and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Arnie Manitoba said:
Revelation 11 descriptions of The Two Witnesses ......

We are told the length of time .... they will prophesy for 1,260 days

They are in Jerusalem ...... 2 They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

We are told what they will wear ..... clothed in sackcloth

They are chosen ...... 3 And I will appoint my two witnesses

They have great power ...... 6 These men have power to shut up the sky so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.

They are prophets ...... these two prophets

Also described as lampstands and trees .... 4 These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth.

They cannot be harmed while they testify .... 5 If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies.

Then will be killed and raised up again ..... 11 But after the three and a half days a breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet,

It appears the people will hate them ...... 10 The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.

Except for here ....... 13 ... and the survivors were terrified and gave glory to the God of heaven.

Excuse me brother Arnie, It appears you have some scriptures confused.
Why do you think they will Hate the two witnesses? It is because Jesus said that only those of the Spirit can receive his Word. And men without the Spirit will Hate the Word and those who bring it. We must be made into the image(attributes) of Jesus and my Bible says... he is THE WORD!

However, Rev 11: 13 is not about the two witnesses for as you see they were called to" come up into A CLOUD" and then, after, PREACHING THE TRUTH for the final separation of the ungodly who hate what they have to say, from the true body of Christ, as we see them being persecuted for The Words sake by those who feel condemned by the Word so they hate them who bring it.
But this is the last call, and it must be preached this final time so they have been given the power to make sure that no one stops them until they finish the work the Lord gave them to do.
They are the two trumpets(Feast of Trumpets) of God who are calling the assmebly of God's people who LOVE the Word.
THEN in the same HOUR rather man's or God's timing, not sure but when they see the earthquake and the 7,000 saints reserved by God die, just as they came out of their graves in the earthquake after Jesus' resurrection being the whole house of OLD Israel, the dry bones of Ezek. 37. Then they rest of the unbelieving Jews who will not be worthy for the heavenly hope because they did not believe, will go with the rest of the offspring of the Woman,( heavenly Jerusalem our mother) being the church who were not ready when they did not have enough OIL in their lamps. These WILL go through the GT.
Rev 11:11-12
11 And after three days and an half the Spirit of life from God entered into them, and they stood upon their feet; and great fear fell upon them which saw them.
12 And they heard a great voice from heaven saying unto them, Come up hither. And they ascended up to heaven in a cloud; and their enemies beheld them.
KJV

Rev 11:13-15
13 And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.
14 The second woe is past; and, behold, the third woe cometh quickly.
15 And the seventh angel sounded;
KJV

Rev 10:6-11
6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:
7 But in the days of the voice of the seventh angel, when he shall begin to sound, the mystery of God should be finished, as he hath declared to his servants the prophets.
8 And the voice which I heard from heaven spake unto me again, and said, Go and take the little book which is open in the hand of the angel which standeth upon the sea and upon the earth.
9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey.
10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter.
11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.
KJV

What comes after the seventh angel sounds the mystery that God has been preparing us for all this time? The birth of the sons of God Rev 12:5 who will be CAUGHT UP/Raptured TO THE THRONE OF GOD.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Arnie Manitoba said:
Possible Edit ..... I just noticed that the 1984 NIV is the only one that uses the word "men" here ..... so be advised it may
not be accurate. .... I happen to think they will be "men" but that is beside the point.

afaithfulone4u said:
Excuse me brother Arnie,
Please dont call me brother.

You are so off topic I dont even want to discuss anything with you

You are so stuck on some perceived thing you refer to as "THE WORD that your mind is shut tight against being rational about anything.

Sorry to be so harsh ...... but all I was doing was listing the attributes of the two witnesses as per Revelation 11 ..... and I did so .

For some strange reason you are unable to grasp such simple concepts

I do not know how to help you to become unstuck .

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Arnie Manitoba said:
Possible Edit ..... I just noticed that the 1984 NIV is the only one that uses the word "men" here ..... so be advised it may
not be accurate. .... I happen to think they will be "men" but that is beside the point.

Please dont call me brother.

You are so off topic I dont even want to discuss anything with you

You are so stuck on some perceived thing you refer to as "THE WORD that your mind is shut tight against being rational about anything.

Sorry to be so harsh ...... but all I was doing was listing the attributes of the two witnesses as per Revelation 11 ..... and I did so .

For some strange reason you are unable to grasp such simple concepts

I do not know how to help you to become unstuck .
I was trying to be kind, but you may be right there, I shouldn't call you My brother, sorry for the error because Jesus did say:
Matt 12:48-50
48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will (His will is His Word) of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.
KJV

Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever because....The Word, he never changes and he is the way the truth and the life and no one can come to the Father but by accepting HIS WORD.
Do you see how many times the Bible tells us his name? Jesus said that he was revealing the Father to us, A man is always known by HIS WORD.
Matt 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.KJV

Jesus is the TRUE Bread that one must feed upon to live for he proceedeth from God's mouth and the Father's uses His Word to create everything that is or will ever be, for Jesus, being the Word, is the Right Hand of God.

Do you sow THE SEED into your life and those around you? Jesus is THE SEED of God that must indwell our hearts, His is the Word and the Word is SPIRIT and is LIFE to those who adhere to him.

Mark 4:14 The sower soweth the word.
KJV
John 1:1-3
1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him{The Word} was not any thing made that was made.
KJV
John 1:14
14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
KJV
1 John 5:7
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word(JESUS), and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
KJV
1 John 1:1
1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
KJV
Rev 19:13-14
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
KJV

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
afaithfulone4you

Jesus Christ is THE WORD .... so get over it ..... even the 7 year old Sunday school student knows that.

We also call the scriptures the Words of God and that is proper as well.

But here is what you are doing sir ....

You randomly copy various scriptures and assemble them in a hodge-podge patchwork and then try to proclaim that God himself is speaking through you .

That is the basis of your delusion and it appears you actually believe it yourself.

Most of the cults and false teachers do the same ...... you are not alone.

I urge you to reconsider your whole approach ..... read the scriptures ..... apply them to yourself personally ..... and then try to learn some systematic theology and use scriptures in their proper context. That would be a good start..

Back to the topic of this thread about the two witnesses ..... at this moment none of us know for sure who they are or who they will be.

They are appointed by God to prophecy for 42 months .... and then it sounds like Christ begins His reign in the remaining verses of Revelation 11 as follows .....

Rev 11 :15
15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:
“The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.”

Rev 11:16-17
“We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
the One who is and who was,
because you have taken your great power
and have begun to reign.

afaithfulone4u

Dec 7, 2012
California
Arnie Manitoba said:
afaithfulone4you

Jesus Christ is THE WORD .... so get over it ..... even the 7 year old Sunday school student knows that.

We also call the scriptures the Words of God and that is proper as well.

But here is what you are doing sir ....

You randomly copy various scriptures and assemble them in a hodge-podge patchwork and then try to proclaim that God himself is speaking through you .

That is the basis of your delusion and it appears you actually believe it yourself.

Most of the cults and false teachers do the same ...... you are not alone.

I urge you to reconsider your whole approach ..... read the scriptures ..... apply them to yourself personally ..... and then try to learn some systematic theology and use scriptures in their proper context. That would be a good start..

Back to the topic of this thread about the two witnesses ..... at this moment none of us know for sure who they are or who they will be.

They are appointed by God to prophecy for 42 months .... and then it sounds like Christ begins His reign in the remaining verses of Revelation 11 as follows .....

Rev 11 :15
15 The seventh angel sounded his trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, which said:
“The kingdom of the world has become
the kingdom of our Lord and of his Messiah,
and he will reign for ever and ever.”

Rev 11:16-17
“We give thanks to you, Lord God Almighty,
the One who is and who was,
because you have taken your great power
and have begun to reign.

Since the day March 31 in 2002 that I received the Holy Spirit I have not put the Bible down and what is amazing is that I Hate to read, but I love to study the Word of God. I would be careful who you regard as teaching false, Unless you call God a liar, for I pray for the Lord to reveal to me the TRUTH of His Word and I BELIEVE I RECEIVE the Truth for God would not lie to one who asks for the Spirit. So, it is the Spirit who reveals to me the Word of Truth I have not been malnourished on the TRADITIONS of MEN.
Not that I have not also shared my manna with others and they theirs with me for that is what we are to do.

As to the verses of TRUTH you just showed, you stopped short of the TRUE mystery of God. This earth has been subjected to all of this for God is preparing His chosen to rule and reign with Christ. They will be the man child aka son's of God who have overcome the lusts of their flesh and blameless VIRGINS for they have overcome and were not unfaithful to The Word and will sit with him on his throne after being CAUGHT UP to the Father's throne Rev 12:5. Oh, did you think the wise and unwise virgins were FEMALE? Remember there are neither male nor female, Jew or Gentile in Christ Jesus for they are all male and the seed of Abraham no matter their carnal flesh that has died because he is the head of his body and he is considered man, the ONE NEW MAN. They will be spiritual beings just as Jesus was after he was changed and could walk through walls, yet eat, be in one place and another is an instant, and could change to another form.

Rev 14:3 And they sung as it were a new song before the throne, and before the four beasts, and the elders: and no man could learn that song but the hundred and forty and four thousand, which were redeemed from the earth.
4 These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.
5 And in their mouth was found no guile: for they are without fault before the throne of God.
KJV
1 Thess 4:17
17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.
KJV
Rev 12:6
5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.
KJV

Rom 8:19-23
19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of CORRUPTION into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our bodies.
KJV
Rev 3:21-4:1
21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
KJV

Do you not understand that Jesus warned us about not being able to understand ALL of the parables/allegories THROUGHOUT the Bible that the ungodly are not able to see? You must find confirming scriptures which may be in either testament/covenant. You do know that the OT also speaks of things in the NT and vice versa right? The Lord is not going to lay all of the mysteries out for every eye who just opens the Bible and begins to read.... they are saved for those who SEEK, KNOCK AND DESIRE truth.

I am Second

Jan 22, 2013
USA
I wonder as to the identity of the two witnesses. God said that it is appointed for men to die once. The Bible says that "Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven" (2 Kings 2:11), "Enoch was translated that he should not see death" (Hebrews 11:5), and "God took him" (Genesis 5:24).

So Elijah and Enoch did not die a physical death, yet. Being that they are killed when God sends the two witnesses that would makes sense.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
I am second ..... yes maybe Enoch or Elijah ..... or even Moses according to some scholarly guesses ..... apparently it is based on "nobody knows where Moses body is " ..... and there is some speculation that God took him up same as the other two.

But then if it was someone like Moses or E&E you would think at least the Jews would welcome them with open arms ..... but maybe that is the whole point .... they have rejected Christ and retained Moses & the Law ...... so to now reject Moses would be the utmost rebellion they could display.

Another bit of a head-scratcher for me is the "lampstand" description ......
Rev 11:4 They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands

Notice it says "they" (plural) ..... almost sounds like the two witnesses could simultaneously be two trees and two lampstands for a total of four entities ..... just a curiosity I noticed ... I could be wrong

Elsewhere such as in revelation 1 lampstands are identified as churches .....
Rev 1:20 ............ and the seven lampstands are the seven churches. .... not sure if that means anything.

I am Second

Jan 22, 2013
USA
But then if it was someone like Moses or E&E you would think at least the Jews would welcome them with open arms ..... but maybe that is the whole point .... they have rejected Christ and retained Moses & the Law ...... so to now reject Moses would be the utmost rebellion they could display
That makes sense. On a side note, I wonder why satan wanted Moses's body?

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am Second said:
I wonder as to the identity of the two witnesses. God said that it is appointed for men to die once. The Bible says that "Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven" (2 Kings 2:11), "Enoch was translated that he should not see death" (Hebrews 11:5), and "God took him" (Genesis 5:24).

So Elijah and Enoch did not die a physical death, yet. Being that they are killed when God sends the two witnesses that would makes sense.
I've heard the Enoch and Elijah thing, too. But I kind of lean toward Moses and Elijah because of their miracles. Moses turned water into blood, and Elijah stopped the rain. Also, Moses and Elijah kind of represent the law and prophets. I guess we'll find out when it happens. I knew a guy who used to think that he would be one of the witnesses. I'd say that's highly unlikely. :)

I am Second

Jan 22, 2013
USA
Moses did already die a physical death.

Deu 34:5 So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD.
Deu 34:6 And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Beth-peor: but no man knoweth of his sepulcher unto this day.
Deu 34:7 And Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.

Enoch and Elijah did not die a physical death yet so I'm betting on them. Hopefully we are here to witness it in our lifetime.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
On the subject of Moses ..... apparently he died ...... yes ..... now I wonder if he has been "raised already " ....... I am going by Mark 9:2-4 where Moses (and Elijah) appeared with Jesus in the transfiguration

4 And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus.

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am Second said:
Moses did already die a physical death.

Deu 34:5 So Moses the servant of the LORD died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the LORD.
Deu 34:6 And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Beth-peor: but no man knoweth of his sepulcher unto this day.
Deu 34:7 And Moses was a hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated.

Enoch and Elijah did not die a physical death yet so I'm betting on them. Hopefully we are here to witness it in our lifetime.
I'm hoping that the rapture happens before the witnesses are here. :)

Arnie Manitoba said:
On the subject of Moses ..... apparently he died ...... yes ..... now I wonder if he has been "raised already " ....... I am going by Mark 9:2-4 where Moses (and Elijah) appeared with Jesus in the transfiguration

4 And there appeared before them Elijah and Moses, who were talking with Jesus.
Yeah, that's another thing I forgot to point out. The two reasons I think it will be Moses and Elijah are because they performed the same miracles, and they were the ones at the transfiguration. A lot of people believe it's Enoch and Elijah, and I can see that. But I lean toward Moses and Elijah, too.

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
arnie

are you the one that claims to know who the 2 witnesses are or is that someone else? i lose track of who says what on all the different threads. if it is not you then i will go back and reread the threads until i find out who said it.

God bless

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
7angels said:
arnie

are you the one that claims to know who the 2 witnesses are or is that someone else? i lose track of who says what on all the different threads. if it is not you then i will go back and reread the threads until i find out who said it.

God bless
I have no idea who the two witnesses are ....... but from time to time around the world some folks feel they are the witnesses

if we counted them all up there would be about one hundred thousand "two witnesses"

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Arnie Manitoba said:
I have no idea who the two witnesses are ....... but from time to time around the world some folks feel they are the witnesses

if we counted them all up there would be about one hundred thousand "two witnesses"
Someone on here claims to know who the witnesses are. I forget who it is, though.

Brothertom

All for Jesus no matter the cost.
May 1, 2012
Bottom of Illinois
It is said of the 144,000 that they were "redeemed from the Earth..", just like all of us...born of a woman, growing up, & sinning...but eventually redeemed. I think the two witnesses are the same...& probably out of the 144,000....normal guys, saved sinners, but chosen & aware of their pre-existance before the foundation of the World....to a degree.

It appears that their authority will be given to them, as a mantle...at an appointed time..."For 42 months."....& will be immortal for that time, manifesting Power more than any others to witness the Lordship of Jesus over all in the Tribulation Period. Their deaths & resurrection are the final mark of His return, & will cause Israeli Jews to return to Jesus! Wow.

Rex

Oct 17, 2012
Kingman AZ
forrestcupp said:
Someone on here claims to know who the witnesses are. I forget who it is, though.
That would be terry
photo-thumb-7517.jpg

http://www.christianityboard.com/user/7517-terry/