Audio Bibles.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Have you used audio Bibles?

• Yes

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes I have used an audio bible such as: scourby audio bible - Bing video which is good.

But as I read the bible, my faith is increased better, listening to what GOD is saying from the scriptures for wisdom, knowledge, and some understandings.

Love always, Walter
I love Alexander scourby ‘stopped the mouth of lions’ :)

Reactions: WalterandDebbie

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Ive found them great to listen to at work, but have noticed my mind wanders, and need to rewind it often. For me reading goes in better, but we all learn differently don’t we? I always think of the verse you posted though :)
@2 Chr. 34:19 I have found this, too; often one needs to rewind. I do actually also find it helpful while driving along to think about the Scriptures in complete silence.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
@2 Chr. 34:19 I have found this, too; often one needs to rewind. I do actually also find it helpful while driving along to think about the Scriptures in complete silence.

Actually it is better to meditate on the scriptures at the tent flap of our abodes while watching Gods glory sink into the hues of the sun set before resting one's head in sleep as the night settles in.

PS: - Being busy while meditating on God's word means that we are rushing and being torn away into our own busyness and concerns.

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually it is better to meditate on the scriptures at the tent flap of our abodes while watching Gods glory sink into the hues of the sun set before resting one's head in sleep as the night settles in.

PS: - Being busy while meditating on God's word means that we are rushing and being torn away into our own busyness and concerns.
:)

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Very nicely worded; I like it. :)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Anyone here listen to Catholic Priest Fr Mike Schmitz? @devin553344 @Mungo @Philip James ?

Just started listening to "The Bible in Year" a podcast on Spotify from the beginning at Day 1, currently up to my 3rd day listening to it, not sure if it can be accessed on other platforms, so he will read 2 chapters of a book in order and than maybe a chapter from Psalms or some other Biblical book that ties in nicely, and he will teacher-preach on it after he finishes reading the scriptures, I find his preaching is really solid and explanations really straight forward and easy to understand, he is really gifted at teaching the Word of God.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone here listen to Catholic Priest Fr Mike Schmitz? @devin553344 @Mungo @Philip James ?

Just started listening to "The Bible in Year" a podcast on Spotify from the beginning at Day 1, currently up to my 3rd day listening to it, not sure if it can be accessed on other platforms, so he will read 2 chapters of a book in order and than maybe a chapter from Psalms or some other Biblical book that ties in nicely, and he will teacher-preach on it after he finishes reading the scriptures, I find his preaching is really solid and explanations really straight forward and easy to understand, he is really gifted at teaching the Word of God.
I'll check it out!

Reactions: Josho

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Just remember: some commentators don't regard the Bible as the final authority.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Hey @Josho

Ive heard of him but havent listened to him yet.

My two favourites are Bishop Baron and Father Goring:

Peace be with you!