Beauty From Ashes

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The perfume that is made from such a statement as you have just expressed is a SWEET and PLEASING FRAGRANCE to the LORD... YOU simply have NO idea how pleasing... and what your rewards will be for REFUSING the curse the Lord.... Oh my goodness... you BLESS me...
Don't get me wrong; I'm a suck! Lol

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My feet are in an almost continuous cramp. Because of my head injury and brain disease, I can't recall when I last took some morphine for my half-dozen chronic pain conditions. But, this is the day that the Lord has made, and He has a purpose in my afflictions. I so understand getting old alone, injustice, rejection, etc., My intent is not to complain, but if someone walked up to me, pointed a gun at my head and said, "Deny Christ or I'll shoot you," I might respond by saying, "Is that a promise?", or, "Go ahead, make my day." I'm amazed that I'm not sitting in a rubber room somewhere, flipping my lips with my index finger. :)
I don't need a rubber room for that. Cheers :) I know what it's like to live a life on pain killers, I was on 240mg of oxycodone a day for a few years. My testosterone dropped to dangerous levels and I almost died. Watch out for stuff like that on pain killers. Sometimes the doctors don't know what's hitting you. Report anything that happens so they can assess it. And God is with you Truman, you're a good soul I can tell.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The perfume that is made from such a statement as you have just expressed is a SWEET and PLEASING FRAGRANCE to the LORD... YOU simply have NO idea how pleasing... and what your rewards will be for REFUSING the curse the Lord.... Oh my goodness... you BLESS me...
He is worthy...the creatures, angels, and saints all agree! :)

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I hear you loud and clear sir... and I FEEL you in my heart.... my spirit rises up in your presence... and I recognize that
I am with a fellow brother in CHRIST.... I don't feel this very often with fellow believers... It's a shame really.
The Lord dwells within me, yes. However, my son and his wife dwell with me, and they know how I can be when overwhelmed by pain. But he can handle me. He just takes it and continues to love me. Kim's got nothin' on him!

Reactions: dev553344

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Lord dwells within me, yes. However, my son and his wife dwell with me, and they know how I can be when overwhelmed by pain. But he can handle me. He just takes it and continues to love me. Kim's got nothin' on him!
There is no where in anyone's testimony where they can claim perfection Truman.... What you are choosing to express and focus on is a very sweet perfume to the Lord... that is the only way I can word it... It's like what comes from crushing a rose pedal... that sweet perfume that is released.
You are praising the LORD within the storm... Though HE slay me, yet will I trust in HIM... You remind me of Joni Eareckson Tada

Reactions: jessiblue

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is no where in anyone's testimony where they can claim perfection Truman.... What you are choosing to express and focus on is a very sweet perfume to the Lord... that is the only way I can word it... It's like what comes from crushing a rose pedal... that sweet perfume that is released.
You are praising the LORD within the storm... Though HE slay me, yet will I trust in HIM... You remind me of Joni Eareckson Tada
Gotta kiss the Son!

Reactions: amigo de christo

jessiblue

Aug 21, 2021
a Heavenly place
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What thankful and grateful hearts we have here! Amen, guys!:) It is so good to wait and trust in the Lord. His mercy is forEVER! and that’s why we can remain totally (or pretty much) peaceful when things are terribly awful. Our Father will always take care of His sheep, and we know that because He promises that wherever we are, He will never leave us nor forsake us. Amen! -jb

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Even if I don't understand what's happening to me, I know that the problem is never with God, or at least I hope I do, and I need to remember that there was a time long ago when I told Him to do with me whatever He wanted to. I said this in response to Him showing His love for me to me. It was what The Father's Blessing move was known for. I finally realized what it was that His unconditional love for me was coming from. It was in the Spirit that I saw it; it was a shrubbery, a little bush. And I'm telling you, it had fire in it. It wasn't long ago that I realized it. I recently put on my profile post, "Holy shrubbery, make me rubbery," you know, drunk in the Spirit. Someone asked me if I'd been smoking weed. Lol

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Even if I don't understand what's happening to me, I know that the problem is never with God, or at least I hope I do, and I need to remember that there was a time long ago when I told Him to do with me whatever He wanted to. I said this in response to Him showing His love for me to me. It was what The Father's Blessing move was known for. I finally realized what it was that His unconditional love for me was coming from. It was in the Spirit that I saw it; it was a shrubbery, a little bush. And I'm telling you, it had fire in it. It wasn't long ago that I realized it. I recently put on my profile post, "Holy shrubbery, make me rubbery," you know, drunk in the Spirit. Someone asked me if I'd been smoking weed. Lol

What a lovely way to start my day..... Holy shrubbery... make me rubbery.... LOVE IT!!!

You and I have experienced many similar things... or at least we are in the same place... All those years that I could not understand why I had to suffer such a miserable existence... Why I could not taste even a drop of joy... but only sorrow and suffering.... I KNEW that God was not punishing me.. and I knew that HE was good.... I think I might have entertained the thought that He did not love me... but that was part of my GREAT healing.... This summer the beautiful REVELATION of HIS GREAT LOVE and DELIGHT of me all came out through JOY... OH what a beautiful thing JOY is after being parched with thirst for something of beauty.... I am a literal testimony of exchanging ashes for JOY... WE must remember as Christians... that before we can experience this biblical JOY of the bible... we must go through the fire... this produces the ashes... for HIM to exchange.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What a lovely way to start my day..... Holy shrubbery... make me rubbery.... LOVE IT!!!

You and I have experienced many similar things... or at least we are in the same place... All those years that I could not understand why I had to suffer such a miserable existence... Why I could not taste even a drop of joy... but only sorrow and suffering.... I KNEW that God was not punishing me.. and I knew that HE was good.... I think I might have entertained the thought that He did not love me... but that was part of my GREAT healing.... This summer the beautiful REVELATION of HIS GREAT LOVE and DELIGHT of me all came out through JOY... OH what a beautiful thing JOY is after being parched with thirst for something of beauty.... I am a literal testimony of exchanging ashes for JOY... WE must remember as Christians... that before we can experience this biblical JOY of the bible... we must go through the fire... this produces the ashes... for HIM to exchange.
Maybe you'll like this song.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

We can know that joy purely by faith, but I've been having a pretty rocky road on my journey to complete trust!

Much love!