Because

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“Because”
1 John 4:19 NLT
We love each other because he loved us first.

My kids bought me a funny t-shirt a couple years or so back that reads, “Because I said so – Dad”. I have had many comments on it when wearing it out around different places. I may see a parent smile or give a chuckle because they’ve also used the same phrase. Now, however, my girls don’t get as much of a kick out of seeing the shirt on me when I wear it, but I still think it’s funny.

As much as this may give us a good laugh, we could think of endless situations in life in which we use the word “because”.

We do this because…..
We say this because…..
We go somewhere because…..
We talk to someone because…..
We go out to do something fun because…..

We could come up with so many different phrases in which we do or say something…..because. Sometimes we do or say things because we mean whatever we say or do sincerely. Then other times, we do or say things that are not so nice to other because we feel like it in the moment. There’s always a reason why we say something, do something or go somewhere. There’s always a “because”.

As I thought about this verse the other day when it came up for a morning reading, I thought about how so often we forget that we need to love people because Jesus first loved us. We so often have our excuses and reasons for often treating others in a bitter way because we feel we have the right because of what has been said or done to us. We are ALL guilty of this!

My simple encouragement to us all today and every day from now on, is to ask ourselves what is our “because” behind what we are doing, behind what we are saying and behind why we are going somewhere. We are told to do everything with love. Are we? Seriously, are we?? Often times we don’t.

What is your “because”? Do you do things in love even when it’s hard? Every time we’re tempted to treat someone bitterly, we need to be reminded that He first loved us. We love because He first loved us.

Simple concept…..yet so difficult to practice.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It gets easier as we continue making that choice!

For me, I'm better loving others when I'm more remembering what kind of bargain God got in dying for me!

:eek:

Others need us to love them, so they can have something nicer in their day, and a reflection of God in their life.

Much love!

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what did John say how one should love, and to whom should that love be to that john speaks of?

extracting 9 words from a huge text like scripture, isn't an honest explanation there of is it?

Reactions: WillTell

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
“Because”

My kids bought me a funny t-shirt a couple years or so back that reads, “Because I said so – Dad”. I have had many comments on it when wearing it out around different places. I may see a parent smile or give a chuckle because they’ve also used the same phrase. Now, however, my girls don’t get as much of a kick out of seeing the shirt on me when I wear it, but I still think it’s funny.

As much as this may give us a good laugh, we could think of endless situations in life in which we use the word “because”.

We do this because…..
We say this because…..

We could come up with so many different phrases in which we do or say something…..because. Sometimes we do or say things because we mean whatever we say or do sincerely. Then other times, we do or say things that are not so nice to other because we feel like it in the moment. There’s always a reason why we say something, do something or go somewhere. There’s always a “because”.

As I thought about this verse the other day when it came up for a morning reading, I thought about how so often we forget that we need to love people because Jesus first loved us. We so often have our excuses and reasons for often treating others in a bitter way because we feel we have the right because of what has been said or done to us. We are ALL guilty of this!

My simple encouragement to us all today and every day from now on, is to ask ourselves what is our “because” behind what we are doing, behind what we are saying and behind why we are going somewhere. We are told to do everything with love. Are we? Seriously, are we?? Often times we don’t.

What is your “because”? Do you do things in love even when it’s hard? Every time we’re tempted to treat someone bitterly, we need to be reminded that He first loved us. We love because He first loved us.

It all began with God, right? "We love Him, because He first loved us".

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what did John say how one should love, and to whom should that love be to that john speaks of?

extracting 9 words from a huge text like scripture, isn't an honest explanation there of is it?
Well, it does refer to the rest. I just see this as being laser point.

Much love!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, it is easy to justify not behaving lovingly and being picky about who our neighbor is. Love this post.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it does refer to the rest. I just see this as being laser point.

Much love!

no, not really, its more like what you see in your own judgement of what love is, in this case.

in todays world, love is a blanket word of justification for one's own judgement. and hate is evil in all cases yet God hates. so these same are saying God is evil.

so not using John's description of how that love is executed, is deceptive and misleading.

Last edited:

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no, not really, its more like what you see in your own judgement of what love is, in this case.

in todays world, love is a blanket word of justification for one's own judgement. and hate is evil in all cases yet God hates. so these same are saying God is evil.

so not using John's description of how that love is executed, is deceptive and misleading.
I think Jesus' love for us more defines what love is.

Much love!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think Jesus' love for us more defines what love is.

Much love!
Of course what is written on our hearts by God, that is, that which is quickened to us and/or in us may clarify for us what love is. Perhaps we cannot explain it satisfactorily to someone who has not had a similar quickening experience?

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
“Because”

We do this because…..
We say this because…..

Because I read this post.......

jessiblue

Aug 21, 2021
a Heavenly place
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because the Lord Himself, speaking of me and you, says “Because.”

Psalm 91:14-16

14 “Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15 He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

So because with all our imperfections we love the LORD, He will come to our rescue when we’re in trouble and He will deliver us. 57175C5D-D0EF-4692-922E-C9114B3921EC.gif

WillTell

Aug 22, 2021
Deep South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Because, just as we obey our earthly parents in the Lord, we obey our Father…. Because He says so. :)

Reactions: jessiblue