Before the mirror

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mirror mirror on the wall who's been lifted since their fall?

2 Corinthians 3:18
And we all having been unveiled in face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image, from glory to glory, even as from the Lord, the Spirit.

A mirror can reveal a lot of things about us, especially aging. I saw my mirror reveal to me the reversal of years. Only the supernatural God Jesus can turn back the clock.

When I was saved, after Jesus came and got me, He began to fix things in me. My spiritual house was a wreck and the carpenter of Bethlehem went right to work. You see, it's just like in the city of Bethlehem where the Lord of all creation was born into a child's body in a straw filled Manger. He was born there in a small stable that was filled with beasts. I was still afraid of many things. Afraid of. the dark.

When He is born into the small stable of our heart He is also born into a world filled with beasts. The beasts we have in our hearts were invited to come live in us by our former carnal ways and complete ignorance of God. Greed, lust, hate, selfishness, coldness and a host of other evil things run rampant in us without God to deal with them.

When the child Jesus is born in us among those snarling beasts He begins to grow if nourished. As He grows He begins to clean out that dirty stable. He does it little by little as He so plainly tells us over and over in the scriptures. But only if He is nourished by a willing heart and the word of God. You will have many fierce battles as you go along. Many turn back not willing to fight the good fights of faith.

Oh yes the devils leave when you are born of the spirit of God but they didn't go far. They will do everything they can to cause you to turn back. To stop walking with Jesus. You must be empowered by the Holy Spirit of the living God and Jesus is the baptizer. No man can impart the Holy Spirit of the living God to you except Jesus. Do not let any man dissuade you. Sieze the garments of Jesus with both hands and hold on I until He blesses you. Just as Jacob did.

He will then go to work in you and on you in ways you cannot possibly conceive of. Healing, growing, enriching, encouraging, developing, guiding, helping, delivering and providing everything you need.

I will not drive them out from before you in one year, lest the land become desolate and the wild beasts multiply against you. Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased and possess the land.
Exodus 23:29‭-‬30 ESV

He delivers us by the power of the Holy Spirit little by little. You do not receive the fullness of the Holy Spirit when you are born of the spirit. It is Jesus and Jesus alone that will baptize you in the Holy Spirit after that you have been born again. The believers in Acts chapter 19 were indeed believers but then were baptized in the Holy Spirit. In my case I was saved then baptized in the Holy Spirit, then was Water baptized. Salvation is always first. Water baptism or baptism in the Holy Spirit may be next. Whatever God's decision is for you.

Without the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit the evil beasts will continue to dwell in your heart. They will have been subdued to an extent but until the day of your own personal Pentecost arrives you will lack the power of God to overcome your flesh and the things that so easily tempt that flesh. Simple, we just follow Jesus' words. Simple but often very hard. Simple does not ever mean easy.

Matthew 3:11 KJVS
I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:

Have you ever even once wondered where the fire is in your spiritual life? Have you ever? Sure you have. You've pondered and puzzled about this a determined that it just doesn't happen any more. Those things only happened way way back when the disciples and apostles were still around and kicking up dust on the streets of Jerusalem. Certainly not for now. Wrong. Wrong, because;

Webster Bible translation
Ecclesiastes 3:14
I know that, whatever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be added to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him

Here in Acts we read that these people who have repented and been water baptized must then have Jesus baptize them in the Holy Spirit. Where's the fire is a good question for all that contend with, wrestle with Jesus - not with lowly me but with Jesus who demands that we be filled with the Holy Spirit.

Acts 1:8 KJVS
But ye shall receive power, AFTER that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

Acts 2:3-4 KJVS
And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
[4] And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them UTTERANCE.

First, they all were filled with the Holy Spirit and second they all began to speak with other tongues. It's only after we are baptized in the Holy Spirit that He becomes resident with His power and anointing. Then we can cast out devils, speak in tongues, receive the ministry gifts and do all the things commanded us in Mark chapter 16.

There has been so much denominational teaching against the baptism of or in the Holy Spirit that it is has made many Holy Spirit baptized believers hesitate to witness it or teach of it. But this cannot be. God forbid that I fail to speak the whole council of God. Amen

And he said to them, "Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover."
Mark 16:15‭-‬18 ESV

Trying to understand spiritual matters with the natural mind is entirely futile. If the resistance shown to the baptism in the Holy Spirit was displayed when a sinner is brought to the altar to be saved then untold multitudes would yet be living in their sin and speeding toward hell.

Back to the mirror.

I was shaving that day years ago and as I did I began to cry standing there in front of that mirror. I was looking at the results of a miracle. There before me I saw a changed and yet changing countenance. Lines of hardness, sin and hurt were being wonderfully erased. Just as if they'd never been there. I can find old pictures that will show the countenance of sin that was formerly mine. My physical countenance had been altered to reflect in that mirror what had happened to me. Jesus had taken His Holy Spirit eraser and taken away the furrows that a life without him had plowed. He gave me beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning and the garment of praise. A good trade, a wondrous change for my old ashes.

Websters Bible translation
Joel 2:25-27

25 And I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the canker-worm, and the caterpillar, and the palmer-worm, my great army which I sent among you.

26And ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt wondrously with you: and my people shall never be ashamed.

27And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.

Have you, since you came to know Him, allowed Jesus to give you what He says we need, the fulness of His Holy Spirit? Only then can He continue the good work that was begun in you when you asked Him to save you and forgive your sins. Such work cannot be done by any mortal fleshly works. Only by the hand of the Holy Spirit.

Philippians 1:6 KJVS
Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:

I am confident that the great love of the savior will continue to work in you if and only if you will yield each and every part of your life to Him. As long as you are an owner He will stay hands off. But if you will become what He desires, a faithful steward, then He as true governor will orchestrate your life's direction in the most wonderful sort of way. As God sent.

God wants to do much more in you than you can possibly imagine. Do not let any man stand between you and God's will for your life. Do not let any denomination stand between you and God's will for your life. Do not let anything at all stand between you and the truth of God's words that are written in the Bible.

Men may have degrees from every seminary in America but do not let them dissuade you from seeking God for yourself. Only follow them as they follow the words of God. Do not listen to them if they deny any part of the Bible. Have you ever questioned something you heard taught and compared it against the Bible? Or do you just accept everything that is placed before you?

Test everything. Verify what is being preached and taught against the unchanging word of God which is written in the Bible. You are accountable for what you believe, what and who you follow. Be sober. Do not allow yourself to be robbed of what is supposed to be yours.

Look closer at what you've set aside or ignored in the past. God, Jesus the Christ is saying to you "come and see". Go see what He has waiting for you. I cannot begin to describe what you have waiting for you in the dirty here and now. You don't have to wait until the sweet by and by. Now faith is for the just shall live by faith.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen