Best Bible Software Program

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What is the best Christian software program on the market at present?

• Olive Tree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • QuickVerse--by FindEx.com, Inc.

• GLO--by Zondervan

• iLumina--by Visual book Productions, Tyndal House Publishers

• SwordSearcher--by swordsearcher.com

• Berean Bible Study Freeware

• Total voters
E

epouraniois

Here is a nice one not on the above list:

http://www.scripture4all.org/

ryan

Nov 27, 2007
Accordance. By far the best exegetical tool you can own. Coming soon in 2013 to you Windows users as a native Windows application as well. Us Mac guys have enjoyed Accordance for years.

Polt

Feb 5, 2013
Using Bible software on a PC is old-school thinking. But, for devices not always connected to the internet, ESV Bible claims to be the only free offline ESV Bible for Android. Bible-Discovery is a good choice for Bible study.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
One of the MOST used sets of Bible study software is one not even mentioned... on your list!

BibleSoft is what the majority of pastors I know use.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Neshama said:
+1 to e-sword

Awesome program. It has all the versions of the Bible. easy to use and search around.
I used eSword on my PC, but since I bought a MACmini it can't be used. Has anyone found a good Bible software for the MAC?

Asyncritus

Sep 8, 2013
Nobody has mentioned the best and simplest one of all: the Online Bible.

It's free, though you have to buy any of the versions not loaded as freeware, like the Amplified Bible, CJB, NIV and perhaps others.

It's got Strong's on board, and the facility to find any occurrences of any Greek or Hebrew word everywhere it occurs in the Bible.

If you are that way inclined, it's got a zillion commentaries and theological books built in.

So don't miss out. I've used it for years, and have absolutely no complaint about it at all.

Jon-Marc said:
I used to like E-Sword, but it's changed and has gotten to complicated for me to work. I need something for simple people like me that I can use in forums and need it to be free. Any suggestions?
Yes.

The Online Bible will do the job for you. Go to www.theonlinebible.com

bcmom

Jan 18, 2014
I use an IPad and prefer Bible.Is. It's free, user friendly, has many features and has several versions of the bible built-in. It's also an audio bible so it's accessible to the blind and those with print challenges.

AndyBern

Jun 26, 2012
I used Online Bible since it was available on a floppy disk. Then I used Sword Project because it was open software. Now I use TheWord, which has, by far, the best and most controllable user-interface of almost any Bible program, free or not. These are all free, however each has libraries and modules that the others don't. For example, only Sword Project has Green's literal translation for free. I'd like to convert all the libraries over to TheWord, but for now, I'll just use multiple programs.

I also have Interlinear Scripture Analyzer which is the best tool I've seen for getting into the original languages. Translation-wise, only KJV, Youngs and a "Concordant" translation are available for it. (A concordant translation is designed to have a one-for-one correspondence between each English word and each word in the original language - an idea that sounds good, but doesn't really work.)