Beware of Crypto "Investment" Schemes!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have some of our members who have gone into Crypto currency and even worse participate in a "investment scheme" with a Ponzi structure, even though we warned them and made clear it did not seem legit. We pleaded with friends and family to keep away from 'Bitcoin', 'FTX', even crypto payments for real estate and houses, but to no avail. They are being taken in right and left with promises of 'guarantied returns', unbelievable interest paid, or even worse claims of "easy money", and other schemes.

"More than 62,000 people have lost hundreds of millions to Eddy Alexandre's crypto platform, but many....still support him"
EminiFX CEO Eddy Alexandre Pleads Guilty to Fraud - Documented

We have some of our members who have gone into Crypto currency and even worse participate in a "investment scheme" with a Ponzi structure, even though we warned them and made clear it did not seem legit. And the incredible part is even after their money is taken and lost, they still believe in these 'hucksters' that they will make up their loses or take 'crypto coins' in payment for true monies. I dont know what to say or do to wake these members up..

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We have some of our members who have gone into Crypto currency and even worse participate in a "investment scheme" with a Ponzi structure, even though we warned them and made clear it did not seem legit. We pleaded with friends and family to keep away from 'Bitcoin', 'FTX', even crypto payments for real estate and houses, but to no avail. They are being taken in right and left with promises of 'guarantied returns', unbelievable interest paid, or even worse claims of "easy money", and other schemes.

"More than 62,000 people have lost hundreds of millions to Eddy Alexandre's crypto platform, but many....still support him"

We have some of our members who have gone into Crypto currency and even worse participate in a "investment scheme" with a Ponzi structure, even though we warned them and made clear it did not seem legit. And the incredible part is even after their money is taken and lost, they still believe in these 'hucksters' that they will make up their loses or take 'crypto coins' in payment for true monies. I dont know what to say or do to wake these members up..
The love of money has appeal for those whose hope is misplaced.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I was just reading how AI Bots are being used to lure people into fraudulent crypto currency schemes. Definitely be careful!!

Much love!

Reactions: Debp

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Any Government that does not stomp such things out is corrupt !

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a new scam involving crypto.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy aside, the pragmatic issues of crypto and similar electronic transactions is the lack of security and privacy. With all the phishing and hacking and in some cases malware out there the whole thing will rapidly become a cluster flock. We see that now with credit cards, etc being stolen all the time - we locked our accounts since we had our credit card number taken 3 times so nobody can open a new account or any kind in our name albeit it's a pain if we would want to take another loan (at this point in time thankfully no as everything is paid off). We are as careful as careful can be (we suspect they got our numbers by gas station skimmers or dishonest merchants) but other people's computers get hacked by malware (there was a big on in 2017) or something is not encrypted right, or not at all (as was the case with another Christian forum they got my password which thankfully was unique for just that forum) so the chain is only as strong as the other person's computer 'out there' somewhere. So this is already. Think of the ramifications when everything goes that way.

Now to introduce prophecy, the future beast will have to bullet-proof the right hand and forehead thing. Because if the message goes out "with a mark you are secure. Nobody can steal your account", then let me say now there's going to be a lot of handless and headless people out there when the thieves want to access their accounts. I rather they steal a credit card number or card.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prophecy aside, the pragmatic issues of crypto and similar electronic transactions is the lack of security and privacy. With all the phishing and hacking and in some cases malware out there the whole thing will rapidly become a cluster flock. We see that now with credit cards, etc being stolen all the time - we locked our accounts since we had our credit card number taken 3 times so nobody can open a new account or any kind in our name albeit it's a pain if we would want to take another loan (at this point in time thankfully no as everything is paid off). We are as careful as careful can be (we suspect they got our numbers by gas station skimmers or dishonest merchants) but other people's computers get hacked by malware (there was a big on in 2017) or something is not encrypted right, or not at all (as was the case with another Christian forum they got my password which thankfully was unique for just that forum) so the chain is only as strong as the other person's computer 'out there' somewhere. So this is already. Think of the ramifications when everything goes that way.

Now to introduce prophecy, the future beast will have to bullet-proof the right hand and forehead thing. Because if the message goes out "with a mark you are secure. Nobody can steal your account", then let me say now there's going to be a lot of handless and headless people out there when the thieves want to access their accounts. I rather they steal a credit card number or card.

Because of the rampant criminal element in the cyber world, that's going to usher in the mark of the beast.

Something with my mom's pension got hacked. What a stress for me. She's 93 and can't hear, so I had to try to handle it all.

First tried to sign her up for the free two years of credit monitoring. They couldn't verify her identity. (When we got hacked via the hospital some years ago, the same credit monitoring company signed her up....no problem.)

Had to phone a number about verifying her identity. Waited for hours to talk to a person.
The lady said there was wrong information in mom's credit reports. She said to call the credit reporting agency and ask if they can fix it.

Finally reached a guy at the credit reporting agency. Maybe he was too young or just was too near quitting time. He said he didn't see anything wrong with mom's credit report.

I did put a fraud alert on the credit reports.

Talked with the bank. I thought maybe they could put some kind of flag since her pension is direct deposit. Apparently they can't.... anyhow transferred most of that to another checking account in order to protect the funds.

It's almost impossible to reach social security about having direct deposits changed to another account. So I kept the old one for her deposits to go into, but will keep balance low.

Got a post card from one credit reporting agency. They had her first name misspelled.

Anyhow it's just one thing after another due to all of the criminals on the Internet.

liafailrock

Jul 4, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because of the rampant criminal element in the cyber world, that's going to usher in the mark of the beast.

Something with my mom's pension got hacked. What a stress for me. She's 93 and can't hear, so I had to try to handle it all.

First tried to sign her up for the free two years of credit monitoring. They couldn't verify her identity. (When we got hacked via the hospital some years ago, the same credit monitoring company signed her up....no problem.)

Had to phone a number about verifying her identity. Waited for hours to talk to a person.
The lady said there was wrong information in mom's credit reports. She said to call the credit reporting agency and ask if they can fix it.

Finally reached a guy at the credit reporting agency. Maybe he was too young or just was too near quitting time. He said he didn't see anything wrong with mom's credit report.

I did put a fraud alert on the credit reports.

Talked with the bank. I thought maybe they could put some kind of flag since her pension is direct deposit. Apparently they can't.... anyhow transferred most of that to another checking account in order to protect the funds.

It's almost impossible to reach social security about having direct deposits changed to another account. So I kept the old one for her deposits to go into, but will keep balance low.

Got a post card from one credit reporting agency. They had her first name misspelled.

Anyhow it's just one thing after another due to all of the criminals on the Internet.
I noticed you said hospital. That's a lot of the problem. Many use outdated Microsoft operating systems which is extremely insecure to begin with, let alone something that is not updated any longer. I know. My wife works in the medical field billing and I can attest to that. Fortunately for me, I don't use too many medical services. At 64 I'm still healthy. The last time I remembered going to the doctor was for cleaning my waxy ears because I can't see in myself. That's years ago as it takes a long time to build up that much wax. In our credit card case, it was my wife apparently using a gas station with a skimmer. Another time is was immediately after we left a restaurant in NY we noticed about an hour later charges for gas in Ohio (she monitors everything). So in 2 days we were issued a new card. But I suspect someone in that restaurant gave the credit card number to someone out there, and they quickly made a fake card up and charged for gas. Probably crooked merchants who have physical access to your card are the most risky.

Reactions: Debp

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I noticed you said hospital. That's a lot of the problem. Many use outdated Microsoft operating systems which is extremely insecure to begin with, let alone something that is not updated any longer. I know. My wife works in the medical field billing and I can attest to that. Fortunately for me, I don't use too many medical services. At 64 I'm still healthy. The last time I remembered going to the doctor was for cleaning my waxy ears because I can't see in myself. That's years ago as it takes a long time to build up that much wax. In our credit card case, it was my wife apparently using a gas station with a skimmer. Another time is was immediately after we left a restaurant in NY we noticed about an hour later charges for gas in Ohio (she monitors everything). So in 2 days we were issued a new card. But I suspect someone in that restaurant gave the credit card number to someone out there, and they quickly made a fake card up and charged for gas. Probably crooked merchants who have physical access to your card are the most risky.

Yes, it's really horrible how things got with people's information going all over the cyber world.

You probably know about The Dark Web....but probably some don't know about it.
It's where criminals do all sorts of illegal activities including selling information on innocent people to steal their identity.

Reactions: liafailrock

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Even they admit to their 'mark' and have no qualms about it, so need to hear and see my brother..