BIBLE PROMISES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
funny to me that that Baptism by Fire that Christ went through, the obvious one, that we are called to do, too, at "pick up your cross," we don't hear that presented like that too often--let alone sermons on just "pick up your cross," those aren't too popular anymore...but the two baptisms that i agree are "obscured," or let's just say Christians have pretty equally divided opinions about them, we hear about those alla time, huh. Not sure what to make of that.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
well, now you are back to giving your opinion of me, which i appreciate because it reveals you, but wadr you don't know if i'm confused or not, and i notice you aren't bringing any Witnesses for rebuttal here, but just making accusations from your heart. So, i didn't say you had to believe what i do, at those passages. And my understanding might be different next year, i guess, i don't know. but i don't see any holes in it right now, this morning, and i don't see you punching any in it, either.

So maybe since that isn't producing any fruit right now, for you, maybe you could relay your experience of being accused of being drunk at the third hour, or of meeting Him in the air for me.
You called David a murderer and adulterer. God never did. God called David a 'man after his own heart'. (1 Sam. 13:14) " ...the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart,..." (1 Sam. 16:12) " And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he. (Acts 13:22) And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will."

Did David murder someone? Yes he did. Did David commit adultry? Yes he did. He was guilty of those acts, but he was not a murder or adulterer. And he paid for it. But, when you call someone that, murderer or adulterer, you speak to their nature, and by nature, David was a man after God's own heart.

Interesting to me that what is all important to God is not so much what you do, but who you are.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Stranger said:
You called David a murderer and adulterer. God never did. God called David a 'man after his own heart'. (1 Sam. 13:14) " ...the LORD hath sought him a man after his own heart,..." (1 Sam. 16:12) " And he sent, and brought him in. Now he was ruddy, and withal of a beautiful countenance, and goodly to look to. And the LORD said, Arise, anoint him: for this is he. (Acts 13:22) And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will."

Did David murder someone? Yes he did. Did David commit adultry? Yes he did. He was guilty of those acts, but he was not a murder or adulterer. And he paid for it. But, when you call someone that, murderer or adulterer, you speak to their nature, and by nature, David was a man after God's own heart.

Interesting to me that what is all important to God is not so much what you do, but who you are.

Stranger
nice! i have to agree, that in spirit, those are not descriptives that even i would use to describe David. I meant to illuminate that despite these, somehow, David was the apple of God's eye. David was very humble, like all great leaders are, which i think is brought out elsewhere.

Funny that David is described as "Ruddy," huh, we have an example of a "ruddy" guy whom God "had hated," that might be contrasted with David here, that also showed remorse, but in a different manner, i think is one of the lessons there. Also, funny to me that KD had "5" sons from Bathsheba, "Unnamed son Solomon Nathan Shammua Shobab," and the first, unnamed son died, too; but that's another thread, i guess :)

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
nice! i have to agree, that in spirit, those are not descriptives that even i would use to describe David. I meant to illuminate that despite these, somehow, David was the apple of God's eye. David was very humble, like all great leaders are, which i think is brought out elsewhere.

Funny that David is described as "Ruddy," huh, we have an example of a "ruddy" guy whom God "had hated," that might be contrasted with David here, that also showed remorse, but in a different manner, i think is one of the lessons there. Also, funny to me that KD had "5" sons from Bathsheba, "Unnamed son Solomon Nathan Shammua Shobab," and the first, unnamed son died, too; but that's another thread, i guess :)
As I said, you know as much about David as you do Job. Indeed, God is concerned as to who you are, more than what you do.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Stranger said:
As I said, you know as much about David as you do Job. Indeed, God is concerned as to who you are, more than what you do.

Stranger
yes, and as you also said, without meaning to, is that you seem to be more interested in polishing your own helmet most of the time, by association, than really interested in bringing out truth in a matter,
so i hope you see that this post is strictly in your interest, for you, who exhibits such deep darkness, because i would have been better served to ignore it and refrain.

See ya manana.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
yes, and as you also said, without meaning to, is that you seem to be more interested in polishing your own helmet most of the time, by association, than really interested in bringing out truth in a matter,
so i hope you see that this post is strictly in your interest, for you, who exhibits such deep darkness, because i would have been better served to ignore it and refrain.

See ya manana.
"without meaning to'... meaning I didn't say it but you are saying it. Yes, you would have been better served.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Stranger said:
"without meaning to'... meaning I didn't say it but you are saying it. Yes, you would have been better served.

Stranger
ha well what i meant was it is painfully obvious to everyone but you, and i am trying to do you a favor, even while i understand that as you are currently so obviously convinced that you are God, it will not help you right now, but if you ever change your mind, it will then. I mean c'mon, admit it, you much prefer this kind of prattle over those pesky discussions about concepts anyway lol. And, since i'm sure you would argue with a post, i'll let you have the last word here. Don't let me down, ok, make it pointless and self serving

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
ha well what i meant was it is painfully obvious to everyone but you, and i am trying to do you a favor, even while i understand that as you are currently so obviously convinced that you are God, it will not help you right now, but if you ever change your mind, it will then. I mean c'mon, admit it, you much prefer this kind of prattle over those pesky discussions about concepts anyway lol. And, since i'm sure you would argue with a post, i'll let you have the last word here. Don't let me down, ok, make it pointless and self serving
Ok.

I enjoy the deep and exploring conversations with others as much as I do the prattle with you.

Stranger

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Rachel Henderson said:
[SIZE=medium]Greetings my fellow Christian brothers and sisters,

I love to speak the truth and I have very serious questions that I think many believers would like to know the answer to. Can you tell me please why does God's word promise so much and yet fulfils so very little to nothing in the lives of many devout Christians, in terms of, for example: long life, health, peace, joy and happiness, etc? Instead, I've seen many atheists who live very healthy, prosperous and happy lives and they obviously don't believe in keeping God's commandments. Doesn't the Bible lose credibility in this way? Isn't this part of the reason why many people don't take God, His commandments or the Bible seriously?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]In other words, why do not all devout Christians live long lives and have optimum health as countless scriptures promise, such as: Psalms 84; 90, 91; 103; Pr 10:27, etc?[/SIZE]
It's because many Christians talk of sicknesses, financial problems, stress, a lot even talk death believe it or not, we gotta be careful in the way we talk, saying stuff such as "this is killing me" "I'm sick" "I got no money" is not doing us any good. Talking in such negativity isn't doing us much good at all. Instead we should be proclaiming "we are healed!" "we are healthy" "we are wealthy!" "we are victorious!."

There is power in the tongue, you will find verses everywhere in your Bible about your mouth, it's so very important to be careful what we say, there are words of blessing and words of cursing, and we gotta be careful not to speak the words of cursing, if we do, it should be rebuked.

In Proverbs 18 we learn that our very own mouth can invite a beating, and power of life and death are in the tongue

1 Peter 3:10
For “Whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit;

Now lets expand on this 1, God's promises are the truth, when we speak against them we are speaking deceit to ourselves. Where's the faith in asking someone "can you please pray for my sickness?" instead say can you please "pray for my healing", again where is the faith in asking God to heal ya, and then 2 minutes later, you say out of the very same mouth you are sick? You know what the Bible promises, God's promises are 100% truth no matter what your 5 natural senses say, let me ask ya all do your 5 senses ever lie to you? Ever hear a lyric in a song, and you have gotten it wrong this whole entire time? Ever see black when the color actually really is dark blue? Ever smell cheese, when it really is someone's dirty sock? As a matter of fact your 5 senses lie a lot.

James chapter 3 speaks of the dangers of our tongue

James 3
3 If we put bits into the mouths of horses so that they obey us, we guide their whole bodies as well. 4 Look at the ships also: though they are so large and are driven by strong winds, they are guided by a very small rudder wherever the will of the pilot directs. 5 So also the tongue is a small member, yet it boasts of great things.
How great a forest is set ablaze by such a small fire! 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of unrighteousness. The tongue is set among our members, staining the whole body, setting on fire the entire course of life,[SIZE=.625em][a][/SIZE] and set on fire by hell.[SIZE=.625em][b][/SIZE] 7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea creature, can be tamed and has been tamed by mankind,8 but no human being can tame the tongue. It is a restless evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our Lord and Father, and with it we curse people who are made in the likeness of God. 10 From the same mouth come blessing and cursing. My brothers,[SIZE=.625em][c][/SIZE] these things ought not to be so. 11 Does a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and salt water? 12 Can a fig tree, my brothers, bear olives, or a grapevine produce figs? Neither can a salt pond yield fresh water.

Again here we learn that the tongue can speak blessing and cursing, the tongue can effect our body in verses 3-6, in verse 8 we learn it can be deadly poison, verse 11 talks about the spring, can a spring pour forth from the same opening both fresh and salt water? Can a mouth pour forth from the same opening both sickness and healing? Can a mouth pour forth both wealth and financial struggles? When you are asking for healing for a certain thing and "believing" for it, make sure your mouth is only pouring out words of healing, words of good health. "A salt pond cannot yield fresh water" Our very own mouths can be that salt pond at times.

Oh what a popular verse is this 1, it's 1 of God's promises

Mark 11:23
Truly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, it will be done for him.

Many Christians are doing this wrong, and i sometimes do it wrong myself too, when you speak to a mountain move, do not doubt in your heart, believe that it will come to pass, again it's the same story, a lot Christians will command the sickness or infirmity to go, 2 seconds later they will say "I'm sick" "I'm crippled" Is that truly believing?
Instead i will tell you a great act of faith, a great act of believing, start thanking the Lord for healing, start thanking the Lord that your bills are paid, start thanking the Lord for abundance, start thanking the Lord that your your family members are saved, start thanking the Lord you are victorious, start thanking the Lord that your relationship struggles are gone, if you can't walk, I say to you "Get up and walk!" get up and walk in faith, if you are paralyzed "I say to you get up and move!", get up and move in faith, if you are mute, "I say to your mouth "SPEAK!" open your mouth and speak in faith, if anyone here is deaf or suffering from hearing loss, "I say to your ears "open up", in faith go take out your hearing aids, and hear what you couldn't hear before! Anyone on these forums with cancer, anyone with any relatives or friends with cancer, "I command the cancer to drop off, shrivel up and die, I command it to come out it stools!" In faith get your hands, get a plate let the cancer drop of into it, grab the cancer off your body in the name of Jesus, sit on the toilet and get it out of your system in faith, start thanking the Lord you are healed, you are healed, you are healed, and the cancer is no more! Let the cancer shrivel up and die, don't speak 1 negative word to it. If you are suffering from eye problems "I command your eyes to open up and see clearly, for the scales to fall of your eyes, for your eye problems to go and return to perfect health" Now go see what you couldn't see before! Anyone who the doctors told them they can't have a baby, I command that baby to be formed in the womb." In an act of faith go have that baby! Anyone with heart problems, lung problems, respiratory, "I command all your breathing to restore to normal, heart and lung problems be gone, hayfever, asthma be gone" Now believe that they are gone and they are gone. Our God is a mighty God, he resurrected himself from the dead, so too he can resurrect all of you to perfect health, that same resurrection power that raised Jesus from the dead is living within you, and all you gotta do is activate it.

I pray this prayer for you all, believe, receive, thank the Lord and expect miracles to happen. Amen

“By His stripes you are healed.” 1 Peter 2:24
"If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer" Matthew 21:22

There is a great teaching by Andrew Wommack, God answers all prayers in the supernatural, but words of doubt can prevent it from entering the natural. If you haven't looked him up go and listen to some of his messages, he is a faith preacher and has had many successful healings.
http://www.awmi.net/audio/audio-teachings/

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
God answers all prayers in the supernatural...
yikes, c'mon, this means that God does not ignore any prayers, and you already know that that is not true.

and, i got Oneness Pentecostals now praising God for "miraculous surgeries," thank you Jesus, oh, but the patient died later, and no one wants to discuss that it was God who allowed the leukemia, and i have a link for all this if you like, but suffice it, perhaps, to say that there are no faith healers clearing out cancer wards for the same reason psychics don't win the lottery, with all due respect. Or by all means, please testify to us of your day at the hospital, as i suggest that God ignores most of our "prayers," because of course they are self-serving, and are not asked in Christ's Name, no matter how loudly one cries "Lord, Lord" in the prayer.

Now, i'm not saying miraculous deliveries are not possible, i have even witnessed a couple, but i am saying that most of that characterization just does not hold water, sorry.
And all one has to do is hear the prayer to know, right away, if it is in God's will, iow in "Jesus' Name," or not. Because let's be honest, if what you say is true, if even .0001% of the population had this Command thingy down--which is possible, but not like that, sorry, as the fruit plainly witnesses--then you are talking 7,000 people, who would have no problems keeping cancer wards patient free.

So sorry, i'm sure you are meaning to witness truth as best you know it, and are not intentionally lying, but the truth does not bear you out, because the fruit can be witnessed by many, not just me.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I have seen many miracles and heard of many miracles in today's modern day world, you obviously do not understand, I challenge you byrrd where is your faith? God is not a liar, there's a supernatural realm and a natural realm and acts of unbelief can stop miracles from entering the natural from the supernatural, even Jesus had to send the doubting Toms out of the room, and you would have been 1 of them. There is such a thing as generational curses also and it's important we break those off. I can talk more about that later though, I gotta get to work.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
mmmkay, but you might come to see that nonetheless, i see no faith healers in cancer wards, iow the fruit seems to be lacking, and you can call me a doubter if you like, but that does not mean that i am. I just have made an assessment based upon the fruit, and would be more than open to witness any of these "commandings" which would naturally produce "crowds, amazed" if they were true. And again, i don't mean to suggest that one cannot "command" or "confess" good health, but if they then go and eat CAFO protein, and then reap what that sows, which is cancer and leukemia, and doctors and chemotherapy, which when is the last case of someone you know dying in their sleep anymore, lol, then see what you will see.

Pray all you like for good health; command cancer to go away, if that serves you. I have witnessed fruit there myself, i am not denying it. Unfortunately, much more often, i have not, and by very faithful, believing, good hearted people, too. And yet i do not believe that God is a liar, where this concept is concerned, but rather that healing has been appropriated, in most cases, and if the one confidently confessing and commanding is simultaneously under a doctor's care for their "health," and on multiple pharmacopea to boot, then see what you will see.

it is, after all, much more difficult to admit ("confess") that God allowed a wasting disease to come upon you, because "you reap what you sow," meaning a change of mind would cure you, which i believe is the mechanism involved in healing prayers; iow, a rebound (repentance) of the sowing that caused the reaping may also be witnessed in these cases, even if it goes unremarked, as it often does. One rarely hears about the "oh, i just quit eating hot dogs, for my health" or "for some reason," even, in cases of "God miraculously cured me of leukemia!" for instance. (strictly a 'for instance;' i have empirical evidence, but it wasn't leukemia, and wouldn't mean much to the forum--however, so as not to appear coy or whatever, it ran along the lines of "i have been miraculously delivered from obesity," and the pounds were indeed melting off, but sitting around his kitchen table, later, you notice all the bon-bons are gone, all the potato chips are gone, and he is eating a celery stick; like that)

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I know someone who has emptied out a hospital full of cancer patients, have met him personally, God does heal ppl with cancer. Now as I said earlier today there is such a thing as generational curses, some of you on these forums may have a ancestor or a relative into Freemasonry, as soon as someone enters free masonry they speak themselves into respiratory problems and eye problems, as they go up levels they even invite curses into their own families and can lead to a number of other problems which can lead to cancer and death. It's important that we break those ties and curses from Freemasonry, even if your reletive or ancestor is or was only a 1st degree. And it's not just Freemasonry that carries curses, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, even atheism carries curses, a lot of my mum's relatives are Buddhist and they have diabetes problems, weak bones, they are all burnt out. So it's important that we break all ungodly supernatural ties from our ancestors and relatives, break all curses, now when I say break supernatural ties it does not mean end all contact to your relatives, it's as simple as praying a simple prayer. That's another trouble too, many Christians complicate their prayers too much, when they don't have to, a simple prayer is a lot more effective than a long complicated prayer in many cases, we don't have to carry on and on begging God to do something, that's not a true act of faith, if we keep begging God what are we believing for? A prayer can be as simple as "Get up and walk" "Cancer drop off!" Now back onto breaking supernatural ties and curses, how to do it? It's as simple as saying "I break any ungodly supernatural ties to my family, my relatives, my ancestors, I break all these curses in the name of Jesus."

Now when it comes to cancer patients, unforgiveness can be a problem, it's important to forgive anyone who has done you wrong, the results of unforgiveness are cancer, sickness, bad health, it leads to a number of problems. When you pray for cancer patients ask them to forgive anyone who has done them wrong, let go of any grudges against anybody.

Sin can be another problem, it's important to repent when you do something wrong, but the main problem that prevents healing is doubt!

Sometimes sickness and infirmities is a call to draw closer to God. There is a story in the bible where the disciples try and cast out a demon and heal and epileptic boy but they fail, and the later part of Jesus's response to why his disciples could not do it was "However this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting." So prayer and fasting does play an important role in some healings and deliverances, but it does not mean we are to continually beg God to heal us or someone else, we pray once in faith for healing, than we thank God for the healing and great health, thank God for whatever you are believing for, as it has already been done, the very 1st time you ask for healing, it has already been done in the supernatural realm. Hey it's part of the Lord's prayer wow wow , "your will be done on earth as it is in heaven" what's is God's will? All his promises, what does the "as in heaven" part mean? Your prayer has already been answered in Heaven, which is the supernatural realm. Now all you gotta do is believe you are healed and it will come past in the natural physical world, try those acts of faith I mentioned in my previous posts, and most importantly do them in faith. When someone dies from a sickness in hospital it ain't over, you can always say, arise Lazarus, Lazarus come forth. That's the next great act of faith many people forget. But if their time is up here on earth, than their time is up, they have done what they have been called to do, but if God ain't finished with them yet, that's the great step to take, you can say to the person "arise" and they will arise! Yes I'm a crazy Christian I have met others who have raised people from the dead, and I have no reason to doubt them, because God has done miracles through me, my dad and mum. Which is why no one can tell me otherwise, you can thank God for that. ;)

Edit: You are gonna love this, Satan did not want me to post this reply at all, my internet's wifi modem battery went flat, i was using my mobile phone to type the message, and when i tried to send the message it wouldn't send, since i sometimes get very poor reception here from the cellphone tower, so i turned my computer on to charge the wifi modem and turned the modem back on, i refreshed the page on my phone, and nothing was lost, the reply was sent when i refreshed the page. Thank the Lord, the devil has lost again.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Uz
The name Uz probably arose in a language other than Hebrew (maybe Horite?), but spelled as is, it is identical to the verb עוץ ('us) meaning to counsel, regard:

עוץ עצה

The forms עוץ ('us) and עצה ('asa) are structurally closely adjacent, although it's not clear whether they are actually etymologically related. Still, to any Hebrew poet or Hebrew audience, the relationship between the two was probably quite obvious:

עוץ
The verb עוץ ('us) means to counsel or regard. It occurs only twice in the Bible, and is therefore much more specific than simply a thinking-over. It denotes deep contemplation on reality and justice:
Isaiah 8:10 reads, "Counsel a counsel and it is broken . . . (Green)," or "devise a plan and it will be thwarted . . . (NAS)".
In the scene that relates the repulsive incident that almost wiped out the tribe of Benjamin, a Levite takes the body of his gang-raped and killed concubine, and cuts it into 12 pieces and sends them throughout the territory of Israel. He adds the message, "Set yourselves on this, take counsel and speak" (Judges 19:30).

עצה I
The verb עצה ('asa I) means to shut. It occurs in several cognate languages with similar meaning. In the Bible it occurs only once, in Proverbs 16:30: "he that shuts his eyes".

עצה II
The meaning of the root-verb עצה ('asa II) is unclear and it doesn't appear to be used in the Bible. Its derivatives are:
  • The common Semitic masculine noun עץ ('es), primarily meaning tree. Our noun is used to denote a single standing tree (Genesis 2:9), or a group of trees (Genesis 2:16). It is used to denote wood for kindling (Joshua 9:23), wood as a building material (Genesis 6:14, 2 Kings 12:13), and items made of wood (Exodus 7:19, Deuteronomy 19:5). And hence it may be used to denote (wooden) idols (Deuteronomy 4:28) or gallows, stake or similar means of execution (Genesis 40:19, Deuteronomy 21:22). The theological meaning of the Biblical tree (from the two trees in Paradise related to the fall of man, to the cross of Christ, to the restored Tree of Life as witnessed by John the Revelator - Revelation 22:2) seem to promote a relationship with the verb עוץ ('us) meaning to counsel or regard.
  • The feminine noun עצה ('esa), meaning trees collectively. This noun occurs only once, in Jeremiah 6:6.
עצה III
The meaning of the root-verb עצה ('asa III) is also unclear. It has only one derivative, the masculine noun עצה ('aseh), denoting either the spine or else a certain bone close to the tail of an animal. It's used only once, in Leviticus 3:9, and the relationship with the previous group of words that denote trees is rather obvious to anyone with some poetic sense (like the author of Job, for instance, who writes of the Behemoth that he bends his tail like a cedar; Job 40:17).

Uz meaning

To a Hebrew audience the name Uz would have meant Counsel or Contemplation, an interpretation that is confirmed by Jones' Dictionary of Old Testament Proper Names, which reads Counsellor.
NOBSE Study Bible Name List takes a different approach and goes possibly through the root עצה ('sh) that yields the noun עצ (es) meaning tree, wood or timber. Hence NOBSE reads Firmness.

abarim-publications.com/Meaning/Uz.html#.WFL3LBsrKUk