Bible study

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
I am wondering: Do we study and read the Bible to improve our spiritual growth by changing our lifestyles and mentality, or are we looking for loopholes to justify ourselves to stay the same?

jessioverbey

Jan 9, 2007
i read the bible to get rid of my stress, when i've had a stressful day, i find relief in the bible. plus i find that any burdens i may carry with me, are lifted as i read my bible. i'll admit i don't read it as often as i should and that's going to change. as i get older my life will get more "bumps" as long as i read my bible, i fell as if my life will stay smooth, as it possibly can. john3:16for GOD so loved the world, he gave HIS only son, so whoever believes in HIM will not perish but, have ever lasting life.this is my favorite verse and has been since i can remember.i feel it's awesome that GOD loved us so much that he gave his son, his only son, for us to be "happy". Do you know of any "father" that would do that for His world? i don't. i know a lot of great dads/fathers, but they wouldn't give up their kids for you or i, or for the whole world for all that matters. but GOD did. I know of no love greater than that. do you? - jessica

FRED ANDERSON

Dec 29, 2006
Study to shew thyself approved of God :study: I read to grow. I am always learning. I have bben taught so much stuff that isn't really there, that I need to relearn what the Bible really says, and not just what I was told it says. Best intentions, I'm sure, but loads of mistakes are repeated all the time by faithful servants. Not to be negative, or dismissive of anyone, but I want to follow the truth, at any cost. And it HAS cost me friends, and fellowship to stay honest with the word.

guerrillasaint

Feb 5, 2007
I study the Bible so that I can know what God want for me. I remember when I didn't read the Bible that much and one day I was talking to God and I was committing on how If the Bible didn't exist that His word would still exist and be true. He said yes but then He said still I gave it to you for a reason. That is when I realized that he gave it to us for a reason. (not that I didn’t know that I just didn’t think about it.) The Bible helps me understand the nature of things and is an inspiration. God has compiled theses words for His children’s edifications and for our spiritual nourishment. He also gives it to us so that He may speak through the words and correct the incorrect things we have in our life. I remember hearing on the radio when I was younger that the Bible was a crutch. And I must say I would have to agree. The problem is there are a lot of broken people walking out there without a crutch.

KarenCharin0

Sep 29, 2006
I think reading and studying the Bible helps put the seal of God in our foreheads, in our minds. When we learn something it makes pathways like a map in our minds so that we stay on the right path during this journey in the flesh.

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
... to apply into your daily lives. That's how we grow, by applying in every aspect of our lives..