Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Sweet Pea

Dec 27, 2013
What exactly is this? I have never quite understood that. I got a little concerned in my other thread because we were discussing if NDE's are real. Then we discussed that some might be and some are not and could be demonic... I know we have to be discerning to find out if something is of God, but could that be blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? Would God understand I was just trying to be discerning?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Sweet Pea said:
What exactly is this? I have never quite understood that. I got a little concerned in my other thread because we were discussing if NDE's are real. Then we discussed that some might be and some are not and could be demonic... I know we have to be discerning to find out if something is of God, but could that be blasphemy of the Holy Spirit? Would God understand I was just trying to be discerning?
Not to worry

If we were around when Jesus was here on earth casting out devils .... and if we claimed he was casting them out by the spirit of Beelzebub .... THAT is what Jesus called blasphemy of the Holy Spirit .... in other words attributing Jesus Miracles to (Satan)

In modern day we are wise to question anything supernatural .... even genuine miracles .... we are discerning when we do that .... we are not blaspheming

Best wishes

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I tend to believe that Jesus was talking about rejection of the sanctification of the Holy Spirit in our redemption - it is a willful rejection of His work in our lives. It doesn't happen on accident

Sweet Pea

Dec 27, 2013
The Pharisees accused Jesus of casting out demons by the power of Satan. Is that similar to what I am asking? Like, what if the woman in the book I read really saw God, but I was trying to be discerning and wondered if she (and others who have had near-death experiences) were really being deceived by the devil? Isn't that the same thing?

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Sweet Pea said:
The Pharisees accused Jesus of casting out demons by the power of Satan. Is that similar to what I am asking? Like, what if the woman in the book I read really saw God, but I was trying to be discerning and wondered if she (and others who have had near-death experiences) were really being deceived by the devil? Isn't that the same thing?
No , not the same thing.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Sweet Pea said:
I think that question has been answered already.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is what the Pharisees were doing.

In order for sweet pea to blaspheme you would have to be there at the time of Jesus and doing the same things the Pharisees were doing.

For you to question an NDE or a spirit , or a teaching is something completely different.

As a matter of fact John told us not to believe every spirit , but to test them .

As far as we know the lady who had the NDE did not test the spirits .... not even sure if she could , she was dead after all.

That is why we should be cautious when it comes to NDE's .... maybe some of them are a trick by the devil ... we do not know for sure.

Being cautious is not blasphemy of The Holy Spirit.

Mr.Bride

Jan 31, 2013
The Southern Carolinas
Sweet Pea said:
I believe we have to be careful when saying something is of the devil because it don't look or sound right. It's ok to wonder but when you "know for sure in your heart" that's something is evil and it is of the Holy Spirit then you've blasphemed.(Rejected the Holy Spirit) You just "knew" the Holy Spirit was the devil. People talk down on these types of things but the evidence of the Spirit is the literal life of Jesus Christ manifested in the person.
I'd say it's ok to "wonder" but don't let things you're not to sure of become concrete. The Bible says not to judge nothing before the time. All darkness will be exposed. Brought to the light.
They say Holy Laughter ain't right. The Holy Spirit made me laugh the September before last and I haven't been the same since. I was a Christian since 2006 but the Lord touched me that day and it made a difference.
The next day at work I noticed people looking at me strange so I started wondering to myself what was going on. I went into my little custodian closet and opened my Bible and He led me to Matthew 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A house that is set on a hill cannot be hid....The Word started coming alive to me. And I've had many supernatural experiences that I don't even feel worthy to have had. Who am I that He is mindful of me..Just watch that persons life.
And anyway if you're His elect you can't blaspheme :)

Sweet Pea

Dec 27, 2013
Arnie Manitoba said:
I think that question has been answered already.

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is what the Pharisees were doing.

In order for sweet pea to blaspheme you would have to be there at the time of Jesus and doing the same things the Pharisees were doing.

For you to question an NDE or a spirit , or a teaching is something completely different.

As a matter of fact John told us not to believe every spirit , but to test them .

As far as we know the lady who had the NDE did not test the spirits .... not even sure if she could , she was dead after all.

That is why we should be cautious when it comes to NDE's .... maybe some of them are a trick by the devil ... we do not know for sure.

Being cautious is not blasphemy of The Holy Spirit.
Yeah, I don't know and I can't ask this woman. It's probably better if I just leave topics like this alone. I don't know enough about it.

Mr.Bride said:
I believe we have to be careful when saying something is of the devil because it don't look or sound right. It's ok to wonder but when you "know for sure in your heart" that's something is evil and it is of the Holy Spirit then you've blasphemed.(Rejected the Holy Spirit) You just "knew" the Holy Spirit was the devil. People talk down on these types of things but the evidence of the Spirit is the literal life of Jesus Christ manifested in the person.
I'd say it's ok to "wonder" but don't let things you're not to sure of become concrete. The Bible says not to judge nothing before the time. All darkness will be exposed. Brought to the light.
They say Holy Laughter ain't right. The Holy Spirit made me laugh the September before last and I haven't been the same since. I was a Christian since 2006 but the Lord touched me that day and it made a difference.
The next day at work I noticed people looking at me strange so I started wondering to myself what was going on. I went into my little custodian closet and opened my Bible and He led me to Matthew 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A house that is set on a hill cannot be hid....The Word started coming alive to me. And I've had many supernatural experiences that I don't even feel worthy to have had. Who am I that He is mindful of me..Just watch that persons life.
And anyway if you're His elect you can't blaspheme :)
Right. That is why I am hesitant to say something like this is demonic. I don't know enough. This kind of thing is way over my head. I am going to stop reading these books because I don't know if they are of God and I don't want to have to judge them.