Blessings

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ICNHEAR

Dec 9, 2008
A young woman was having difficulty crossing a street in Chicago in blinding snow storm . A concerned , helpful policeman noted her difficulty and stopped traffic . He then picked her up , carried her across the snow covered , treacherous street and placed her on the sidewalk . In a fit of temper , the young woman kicked the policeman for being to forward . He didn't say a word- just picked her up , carried her back and deposited her in her original position . He then waved the traffic on.So often God sends , or wants to send , Blessings our way and we fail to reconize them as His manisfestation of Love . This is especially true when we greatly desire certian things . We cry and plead to God for His interest , power , and provision . We feel He is not hearing or has no interest in us . We need to remember that He knows what is best for us . His knowledge and wisdom are infinate . If we are patient and submissive He will work things out for our good . He is able to get us to the other side of the street if we will permit . When we reproach God for not granting our wishes or meeting what will feel is a need , we may find ourselves back where we started or even worse than before . When you pray , remember God hears. Second , remember He is all-wise and knows best . He is concerned about what is best for you .Jer . 17: 1-1417:1 The sin of Judah is written with a pen of iron, and with the point of a diamond: it is graven upon the table of their heart, and upon the horns of your altars;17:2 Whilst their children remember their altars and their groves by the green trees upon the high hills.17:3 O my mountain in the field, I will give thy substance and all thy treasures to the spoil, and thy high places for sin, throughout all thy borders.17:4 And thou, even thyself, shalt discontinue from thine heritage that I gave thee; and I will cause thee to serve thine enemies in the land which thou knowest not: for ye have kindled a fire in mine anger, which shall burn for ever.17:5 Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD.17:6 For he shall be like the heath in the desert, and shall not see when good cometh; but shall inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, in a salt land and not inhabited.17:7 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is.17:8 For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?17:10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.17:11 As the partridge sitteth on eggs, and hatcheth them not; so he that getteth riches, and not by right, shall leave them in the midst of his days, and at his end shall be a fool.17:12 A glorious high throne from the beginning is the place of our sanctuary.17:13 O LORD, the hope of Israel, all that forsake thee shall be ashamed, and they that depart from me shall be written in the earth, because they have forsaken the LORD, the fountain of living waters.17:14 Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.Dear Lord , help us to realize You are not only all-wise but to trust ourselves to Your infinate wisdom . :amen:

cedarhart

When good men do nothing, evil will triumph.Take a
Nov 17, 2008
Sometimes the answer is "No". He hears all but, as you know in your post, we don't always know what's best for us. Christ indicated that in these days, we would not even know what to pray for. It's true. There's an old parable that goes something like this:The entire county was flooded completely out and houses were swallowed by water. One man climbs onto the top of his roof for safety. A boat comes by and the people told him to get in. Courageously, he tells them to continue on and save the ones that really need help. He stays on the roof. A helicopter arrives and throws down a rope for him. He waves them on to go save others.As time went by, the man drowns. Upon entering heaven, he asks God why He didn't save him. God replies, "I sent you a boat and a helicpter. What more did you want?"How many times have we each been given a miracle and not known it. We'll never know. He loves us so.Cedarhart