Blocked from pm'ing a user?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

I tried to PM "Davy" and it said I wasn't permitted to.

Can you explain this for me?

Thanks.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I tried to PM "Davy" and it said I wasn't permitted to.

Can you explain this for me?

Thanks.
Hello Gottservant, I believe there is an option, that a member can opt for nobody messaging them....I see it on my preferences ....sorry, I meant privacy settings....check it out @Gottservant

If you scroll down on your privacy settings....it says,...Start conversations with you.....

I must say I opted for Nobody.

Here it is ,
View your details on your profile page All visitors Members only People you follow Nobody Post messages on your profile page Members only People you follow Nobody Receive your news feed All visitors Members only People you follow Nobody Start conversations with you Members only People you follow Nobody View your identities

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy and Mr E

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ok, thanks guys.

(I didn't realise you could just block pm'ing)
Don't worry, you're not shadowbanned either. :D

Some sites could block pm'ing because they actually banned you, but don't tell you. So it looks like your posts go up, but really no one sees it. It's been my worry, but I can definitely see yours my friend.

Reactions: Gottservant

Selah

May 15, 2023
heaven bound
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have an off-topic question, so please forgive me. Is there any way to stop the ads and the jumping screen? Thx.

Harold

Nov 11, 2022
Canada
jesus-saves-all.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It means I can post, but no one sees my posts.
Yeah, shadowbans are scary. I got shadowbanned from Reddit too. There I was, posting comments to posts and wondering "Huh, why do I only have 1 upvote on my comments and no replies?". Personally, I feel it would be easier for sites to formally tell a user they've been banned out of common courtesy.

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It means I can post, but no one sees my posts.
One must learn to deal with it . On both conservative and liberal sites , ME IS BANNED and NOT WELCOME by most .
So be it . I will continue to preach Christ and ALLLLLL , take note , ALLLLL biblical doctrine no matter if it does offend .
Only CHRIST can save , so to HE i point . And all those words are lovely and good for our souls . Including the WARNINGS .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah, shadowbans are scary. I got shadowbanned from Reddit too. There I was, posting comments to posts and wondering "Huh, why do I only have 1 upvote on my comments and no replies?". Personally, I feel it would be easier for sites to formally tell a user they've been banned out of common courtesy.
This man will soon be banned by the entire social network . And it dont scare me one bit .
TRUTH will be preached no matter how i get cast out . PEROID .
Now let all that has breath praise and thank the LORD . Persecutions in WEB SITES are nothing .
JUST wait till ya see the persecutions IN REAL LIFE that are about to come agaisnt the true lambs . FEAR IT NOT .
FEAR IT NOT . The bible will be my book and from its words will i speak . THE LORD is my guide
and i shall not fear man nor what he can do to me . THE LORD is with the lambs .

Mama Etna

Oct 28, 2019
The Twin Cites - Minnesota
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One must learn to deal with it . On both conservative and liberal sites , ME IS BANNED and NOT WELCOME by most .
So be it . I will continue to preach Christ and ALLLLLL , take note , ALLLLL biblical doctrine no matter if it does offend .
Only CHRIST can save , so to HE i point . And all those words are lovely and good for our souls . Including the WARNINGS .
I got shadowbanned for speaking out against perversion.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There I was, posting comments to posts and wondering "Huh, why do I only have 1 upvote on my comments and no replies?
I had to laugh at this, especially when you thought “ Huh”.....sorry it’s my humour.....Lol, hahaha.....how did you find you were shadow banned?.......