Blood Transfusions

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Watchtower Society teaches Jehovah’s Witnesses that blood transfusions are unbiblical. An inquiry made to the American Red Cross shows that one hundred people per thousand, or ten percent, need blood in some form every year. With the need for blood transfusions so great and with numerous cases of Jehovah’s Witnesses sacrificing their lives for this Watchtower teaching, we should indeed seriously search the Scriptures for God’s truth in this matter.

The Watchtower uses three main Scripture references in support of its theory. Let’s examine each one. The first verse is Genesis 9:4. Here a command is given that refers to “the eating of blood”, certainly not receiving transfusions. Noah is commanded not to eat flesh that still had the blood in it; in other words, don’t eat living animals, or animals not properly drained of blood. Their second “proof text” is found at Leviticus 17:10-16. Again, we find reference to the actual eating of the blood of animals. These verses are no way connected with transfusions between humans.

The final reference examined is Acts 15:20. Here it says to “abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood.” We read in Acts 15:21, “For Moses, from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath.” It now becomes clear that abstaining from these four items is referred back to the law of Moses in Leviticus 17. Therefore, we can see, beyond dispute, that the abstaining from blood does in no way refer to receiving blood transfusions as the Watchtower’s interpretation wishes it to.

It is important to understand that eating and transfusing are two different bodily processes. Blood which is eaten is digested and destroyed. Blood which is transfused is not eaten, digested, or destroyed. Why? Because eating blood involves the body’s digestive system, and transfusion involves the circulatory system.

A similar Watchtower teaching regarding the rejection of vaccinations, was classified as Biblical truth in the 1930’s. However, Jehovah’s Witnesses today are free to receive vaccinations and even encouraged to do so Will the doctrine on blood be changed also? The saddest fact is that because of its present teaching on blood transfusions, the Watchtower has led many to a pre-mature grave.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and L.A.M.B.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Watchtower Society teaches Jehovah’s Witnesses that blood transfusions are unbiblical. An inquiry made to the American Red Cross shows that one hundred people per thousand, or ten percent, need blood in some form every year. With the need for blood transfusions so great and with numerous cases of Jehovah’s Witnesses sacrificing their lives for this Watchtower teaching, we should indeed seriously search the Scriptures for God’s truth in this matter.

The Watchtower uses three main Scripture references in support of its theory. Let’s examine each one. The first verse is Genesis 9:4. Here a command is given that refers to “the eating of blood”, certainly not receiving transfusions. Noah is commanded not to eat flesh that still had the blood in it; in other words, don’t eat living animals, or animals not properly drained of blood. Their second “proof text” is found at Leviticus 17:10-16. Again, we find reference to the actual eating of the blood of animals. These verses are no way connected with transfusions between humans.

The final reference examined is Acts 15:20. Here it says to “abstain from things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood.” We read in Acts 15:21, “For Moses, from ancient generations has in every city those who preach him, since he is read in the synagogues every Sabbath.” It now becomes clear that abstaining from these four items is referred back to the law of Moses in Leviticus 17. Therefore, we can see, beyond dispute, that the abstaining from blood does in no way refer to receiving blood transfusions as the Watchtower’s interpretation wishes it to.

It is important to understand that eating and transfusing are two different bodily processes. Blood which is eaten is digested and destroyed. Blood which is transfused is not eaten, digested, or destroyed. Why? Because eating blood involves the body’s digestive system, and transfusion involves the circulatory system.

A similar Watchtower teaching regarding the rejection of vaccinations, was classified as Biblical truth in the 1930’s. However, Jehovah’s Witnesses today are free to receive vaccinations and even encouraged to do so Will the doctrine on blood be changed also? The saddest fact is that because of its present teaching on blood transfusions, the Watchtower has led many to a pre-mature grave.
I agree, but now, we have to be extra careful because they are not differentiating between blood donated by vaxxed people and non-vaxxed people. I have heard witness of people whose loved ones died of "strokes" and "aneurysm" after having blood transfusions. I know that they're finding strange things growing in the veins of vaxxed people causing clots.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree, but now, we have to be extra careful because they are not differentiating between blood donated by vaxxed people and non-vaxxed people. I have heard witness of people whose loved ones died of "strokes" and "aneurysm" after having blood transfusions. I know that they're finding strange things growing in the veins of vaxxed people causing clots.

Good point.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct

There is a video out of a morticians and doctors pulling long fibrous clots out of people who were vaxxed to death.

Vaxx Vaxx
this aint no Cracker Jacks

Black Oxide they want to hide
Inside your body they wish to die

Depopulate the masses
Hitler tried it with gasses

Now the men in 'white'
prepare your body to die
with the injection
that is not from Heaven

BEWARE the men in 'white'

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Food for Thought

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh, just trying to enlighten them.
Dear @RR144
The best way I've found to reach JW
1. On the Holy Trinity rejections
A. Agree that the terms Holy Trinity are not in the Bible but instead
the reference is in the Bible to Baptized all Nations in the Name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit.
2. So we can agree on that.
3. Then point out the terms "Active Spirit" are not literally in the Bible either.
This is an Explanation or Description similar to "Holy Trinity" as a description of Father Son And Holy Spirit when discussing or explaining how these relations work.

So if JW can use "Active Spirit" as an explanation or description of the Holy Spirit
as a name not literally in the Bible, this is similar to using Holy Trinity as a descriptive name for God the Father in relation to the Son and Holy Spirit.

If we can agree it's mutual then we can start from there.

And just focus on what we agree on; to Baptize all Nations in the Name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit. The rest will follow if we pray and agree in Christ on points like this which unite us as equal neighbors in Christ.

David in NJ

Jul 20, 2021
Denville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear @RR144
The best way I've found to reach JW
1. On the Holy Trinity rejections
A. Agree that the terms Holy Trinity are not in the Bible but instead
the reference is in the Bible to Baptized all Nations in the Name of the Father Son and Holy Spirit.
2. So we can agree on that.
3. Then point out the terms "Active Spirit" are not literally in the Bible either.
This is an Explanation or Description similar to "Holy Trinity" as a description of Father Son And Holy Spirit when discussing or explaining how these relations work.

So if JW can use "Active Spirit" as an explanation or description of the Holy Spirit
as a name not literally in the Bible, this is similar to using Holy Trinity as a descriptive name for God the Father in relation to the Son and Holy Spirit.

If we can agree it's mutual then we can start from there.

And just focus on what we agree on; to Baptize all Nations in the Name of the Father and of the Son and the Holy Spirit. The rest will follow if we pray and agree in Christ on points like this which unite us as equal neighbors in Christ.
It is GOOD to share the Truth.

Unless God open's their heart and mind to SEE, they will not be able for you are dealing with mind control via a deceiving spirit.

The GOOD NEWS is that GOD will, in fact, save some as you bear WITNESS to the TRUTH and PRAY = Exodus 3:15

And God said to Moses, “I AM WHO I AM.” And He said, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel, ‘I AM has sent me to you.’ ” 15Moreover God said to Moses, “Thus you shall say to the children of Israel: ‘The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you. This is My name forever, and this is My memorial to all generations.’

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Rella ~ I am a woman

Jul 27, 2023
SW PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, at least we have finally moved beyond aids in this

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

When I was in my twenties(opps I meant thirties) I had to have two blood transfusions. I was severely anemic when my hemoglobin should be between 12 to 15…mine was 6. I ended up having to have a hysterectomy which fixed the issue. I’m not sure what is gained by the comparison of eating and digesting vs IV …as it makes a difference? They can also feed intravenous when someone can’t eat. Does whether its IV or chewing make a difference when He said: it’s not what goes in the mouth but what comes out of it. If that is taken literal also…then if I spit up blood and blood comes from my mouth then that is what makes me unclean. But I don’t think that is what He meant but instead “be careful that you don’t bite and be consumed of one another” …To bite with words of hatred bitterness to draw blood. How can people devour one another? It (OT) says they fold their hands together and eat their own flesh. He warns to be careful because you might eat and swallow each other up. He clarified it is not what goes in the mouth …or the IV…that defiles a man but what comes out from the heart.

I’ve never noticed until the other day …
Proverbs 3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let your heart keep my commandments:

what stood out is “let your heart keep” …I think that is why I need a New Heart given of God. it doesn’t say “let your flesh keep” …

if JW fear blood transfusions then should they be forced to get them? I don’t think so. But as much as they want understanding for their stance on not receiving blood transfusions…I would want that same that they want or expect to be shown towards them… their understanding that my hemoglobin was a six and blood transfusions were necessary. But it usually goes like this…. “You’re crazy for fearing blood transfusions. Get over it! JW’s are cult!”
and then the other says “you are evil if you get blood transfusions. That’s the devil.” Which is correct in regards to grace? Eating, chewing, Intravenous, coughing up blood or spiting it out …to me He meant it’s the exchange of blood for blood or an eye for an eye that takes place, consumption for consumption that takes place from the heart. OT they cried “it’s a land that eats up its people!”

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have a problem with blood transfusions. And I think anyone that was anti that stance would be seen as anti military since it is essential in times of war. I don't really care for peoples opinions who disrespect military, police or first responders or doctors and scientists.

Last edited:

Mark51

Nov 8, 2020
BROOKLYN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You stated in your post: “…eating and transfusing [blood] are two different bodily processes. Blood which is eaten is digested and destroyed. Blood which is transfused is not eaten, digested, or destroyed. Why? Because eating blood involves the body’s digestive system, and transfusion involves the circulatory system.”

Please explain the differences between “eating” solid food for sustenance and “transfusing” liquid food for sustenance. Both means will sustain the body. Transfusions were not known or practiced in Bible times. Transfusing blood is the same as eating. Both are a violation of God's command.

Be advised, many non Jehovah’s Witness refuse blood. Many hospitals throughout this country have departments with “no blood or bloodless medicine" advocates/coordinators that will talk with hospitalized patients about this issue. Furthermore, many surgeons will perform “bloodless” surgery with few or without reservations.

RR144

Feb 12, 2019
INDIANA
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You stated in your post: “…eating and transfusing [blood] are two different bodily processes. Blood which is eaten is digested and destroyed. Blood which is transfused is not eaten, digested, or destroyed. Why? Because eating blood involves the body’s digestive system, and transfusion involves the circulatory system.”

Please explain the differences between “eating” solid food for sustenance and “transfusing” liquid food for sustenance. Both means will sustain the body. Transfusions were not known or practiced in Bible times. Transfusing blood is the same as eating. Both are a violation of God's command.
Blood transfusions are NOT a sustenance to the body making it the same as eating blood. Let me ask, why is it that a doctor would prescribe a blood transfusion? Is it because a patient is malnourished and needs a good meal? Of course not. He orders the transfusion because the patient lacks the ability to transport oxygen to his cells in sufficient quantity. If a person was in a coma and could not eat, would they survive longer if they had regular blood transfusions? No. Without additional nutrients such as sugar, carbohydrates, proteins, lipids, electrolytes, and trace elements, they would still starve to death in the same amount of time even with blood transfusions. This proves that, rather than a nutrient, blood is merely a carrier of nutrients throughout the body. When blood is introduced directly into the veins as a transfusion, it is not absorbed as food. It circulates and functions as blood. The body does not feed on the blood. So a blood transfusion is not the same as drinking blood.

Be advised, many non Jehovah’s Witness refuse blood. Many hospitals throughout this country have departments with “no blood or bloodless medicine" advocates/coordinators that will talk with hospitalized patients about this issue. Furthermore, many surgeons will perform “bloodless” surgery with few or without reservations.
And your point is? Those non-witnesses who refuse blood do so not because of some biblical mandate, but because of health reasons, fear of contracting aids or some other disease.