Boasting in the law vs being humble children of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was reading Romans Chapter 2 and found in verse 23:

"You who make your boast in the law, do you dishonor God through breaking the law?"

But the whole chapter 2 is good for this subject to read.

And I realized that one of the churches I was part of promoted that kind of boasting. We are all imperfect and do not love perfectly as God loves. In that way we probably break the law often for the ways of God are a mystery to man. Sure we have been taught some of the ways of God such as the sheep and goats directives. But do we observe them perfectly.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It kind of goes along with saying you will be saved because you obey the commandments, when actually breaking the law is done in little ways everyday.

It also goes along with judging others especially hating sinners. When we are taught as children of God to leave the judging up to the Father and Christ and the Holy Ghost. We are taught we will be condemned for judging others.