Book of Jasher

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone done a study on this? Joshua 10:3And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies. Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day. II Samuel 2:18(Also he bade them teach the children of Judah the use of the bow: behold, it is written in the book of Jasher.)

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Joshua 10:3 and II Samuel 2:18 didn't say that... I don't even buy it. (The Book of Jasher)Lovest thou in Christ Jesus (Yahushua) our Lord and Saviour.

Bamp;#39;midbar

Apr 5, 2007
I'm sure Denver can go back and edit the post. The problem is there is a typo in the verse numbers. They areJoshua 10:132 Samuel 1:18

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The Book of Jasher Referred to in Joshua and Second SamuelFaithfully TranslatedFROM THE ORIGINAL HEBREW INTO ENGLISH"Is not this written in the Book of Jasher?"--Joshua, x. 13."Behold it is written in the Book of Jasher."--II. Samuel, i. 18SALT LAKE CITY:pUBLISHED BY J.H. PARRY & COMPANY1887.This is one of the apochrypal Books of Jasher. There are several (as many as five) separate works by this title, all composed much later than Biblical times. This particular one is a translation of a Hebrew book printed in 1613. Sepir Ha Yasher, the Hebrew title of this book, means the 'Book of the Upright', or 'the Upright or Correct Record'. This title was misread as 'Jasher', and at some point Jasher was treated as a proper name; however the pronoun 'the' (hebrew 'ha') never preceeds proper names.There is also another spurious Book of Jasher, published 1750, in which Jasher is treated as the name of the author. This text covers much of the same ground as the traditional Mosaic books of the Bible, from the creation of the world to the death of Moses, albeit with several minor variations. ..................To read see linkhttp://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/index.htm

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Kriss, B...thank ye, I appreciated for the typos you shewed me...When I read those verses with my bare eyes. It literally makes me wonder why is the book of Jasher not in God's blessed Bible? I mean...COME ON!Lovest thou in Christ Jesus (Yahushua) our Lord and Saviour.P.S. Just curious!

Matt

Jun 19, 2007
The book of of Jasher is no longer in existence,nor any of it's copies-Jimmy Swaggart

Matt

Jun 19, 2007
I looked into this a year ago and found there's at least three copies around, the one by this author being the popular one-Flaccus Albinus Alcuinus thats a fraud I know that but the hebrew one is legit?I bought Enoch and that book was amazing to say the least.

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
I've been reading a few pages. And it follows the Bible. It has a lot of detail into it. I'm at the part after Noah and the Flood.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(Matt;12157)
I looked into this a year ago and found there's at least three copies around, the one by this author being the popular one-Flaccus Albinus Alcuinus thats a fraud I know that but the hebrew one is legit?I bought Enoch and that book was amazing to say the least.
Yes I agree with you Matt Enoch is amazing book it certainly will give you a better understaning of the fallen angles. If vanyone would like to read it you can find it at the following linkhttp://www.sacred-texts.com/bib/boe/