Bowing unto flesh... Or bowing unto God.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 50:15-21
[15] And when Joseph's brethren saw that their father was dead, they said, Joseph will peradventure hate us, and will certainly requite us all the evil which we did unto him. [16] And they sent a messenger unto Joseph, saying, Thy father did command before he died, saying, [17] So shall ye say unto Joseph, Forgive, I pray thee now, the trespass of thy brethren, and their sin; for they did unto thee evil: and now, we pray thee, forgive the trespass of the servants of the God of thy father. And Joseph wept when they spake unto him. [18] And his brethren also went and fell down before his face; and they said, Behold, we be thy servants. [19] And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God? [20] But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive. [21] Now therefore fear ye not: I will nourish you, and your little ones. And he comforted them, and spake kindly unto them.

Fear not, for am I in the place of God? Been thinking a lot of this passage. God had laid up the store for the famine. God had provided, set mercy on High, and is the Help. And yet sometimes we tend to give men the credit. Job 33:4-12 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life. [5] If thou canst answer me, set thy words in order before me, stand up. [6] Behold, I am according to thy wish in God's stead: I also am formed out of the clay. [7] Behold, my terror shall not make thee afraid, neither shall my hand be heavy upon thee. [8] Surely thou hast spoken in mine hearing, and I have heard the voice of thy words, saying, [9] I am clean without transgression, I am innocent; neither is there iniquity in me. [10] Behold, he findeth occasions against me, he counteth me for his enemy, [11] He putteth my feet in the stocks, he marketh all my paths. [12] Behold, in this thou art not just: I will answer thee, that God is greater than man.

Revelation 22:8-10
[8] And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. [9] Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: worship God. [10] And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

Speaking to John...don’t worship me for I am one of your brethren the prophets. and “of them which keep the sayings of this book.” Worship God.

Wow. Talk about outside of time. In the OT the prophet was told to go back and seal the book for the time was not yet. Here one of the brethren of the prophets says to seal not up the book for the time is at hand. If the confidence is in God and He who is faithful to do all He has promised ...His word says to fear not what men can do to the body but to fear God instead. Who is greater than man. If the confidence were in any way the flesh ...then men could destroy it and that confidence. So what did Jospeh mean “I am in the place of God.” Is it likened to asking ...no demanding...for a king or ruler who is not God which is greater than man? “Behold, I am according to thy wish in God's stead: I also am formed out of the clay.”

A question ...what does man have to do with “seal not up” or “seal up” when only One was(is)found worthy to loose the seals(
Revelation 5:2-5)? John actually weeping as “no one was found”. “Not in heaven or on earth”.

Last edited: