Brazilian law would prohibit Christian teaching on homosexuality

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
Stopping opposition to sinful behavior by making it illegal to say anything against sinful behavior seems to be a popular tactic in various liberal countries around the globe.It wouldn't surprise me if in ten or twenty years they made it illegal to condemn or speak out against pedophilia, rape, theft or some other crime or sin. http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=13242Rio de Janeiro, Jul 15, 2008 / 01:36 pm (CNA).- The Brazilian Senate is considering a bill approved unanimously and without debate by the country’s House of Representatives that aims to promote homosexuality and prohibit Christian teaching on the issue, under the guise of combating discrimination. According to the Association of the Defense of Life, the bill would make it crime punishable by five years in prison to impede expressions of “homosexual affection” in public places or private places open to the public.snip...The bill would also impose prison sentences on any kind of moral, ethical, philosophical or psychological expression that questions homosexual practices. In this way, “a priest, a pastor, a teacher or even an average citizen who says in a sermon, a classroom or public conversation that homosexual acts are sinful, disordered or an illness could be denounced and detained,” the association said.

RobinD69

Oct 7, 2007
This may be a bad question and I do not condone violence, but I know it is coming. How will the homosexual community deal with murder in their streets when radical religious groups just loose it and start taking them out?

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(RobinD69;55450)
This may be a bad question and I do not condone violence, but I know it is coming. How will the homosexual community deal with murder in their streets when radical religious groups just loose it and start taking them out?
Any one that claims to be a Christian but have no problem murdering another person because of their lifestyle is not a Christian. Because it is just as much a sin to murder as it is to practice homosexuality. No individual has any right, no matter how well intended to impose his or her will over another person. Christians are not called to impose morality on others; we are called to preach the good news of the kingdom of God.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(jamesrage;55237)
Stopping opposition to sinful behavior by making it illegal to say anything against sinful behavior seems to be a popular tactic in various liberal countries around the globe.It wouldn't surprise me if in ten or twenty years they made it illegal to condemn or speak out against pedophilia, rape, theft or some other crime or sin. http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/new.php?n=13242Rio de Janeiro, Jul 15, 2008 / 01:36 pm (CNA).- The Brazilian Senate is considering a bill approved unanimously and without debate by the country’s House of Representatives that aims to promote homosexuality and prohibit Christian teaching on the issue, under the guise of combating discrimination. According to the Association of the Defense of Life, the bill would make it crime punishable by five years in prison to impede expressions of “homosexual affection” in public places or private places open to the public.snip...The bill would also impose prison sentences on any kind of moral, ethical, philosophical or psychological expression that questions homosexual practices. In this way, “a priest, a pastor, a teacher or even an average citizen who says in a sermon, a classroom or public conversation that homosexual acts are sinful, disordered or an illness could be denounced and detained,” the association said.
Christians, especially a mature Christian should not be surprised at this. The Bible tells us that Satan is the god of this world....he is also the great deceiver of mankind.I have been saying time after time to Christians that our job is not to make this world God's world, but to fulfill the commission that was given to us, which is to preach the good news and baptized those who believe. When the time is right God will send His Son who will take over all rule and authority from the rulers of this world, and give it to His brothers and sisters. It is then we will set out to create a world that is pleasing to God.

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
(verzanumi24;55458)
Any one that claims to be a Christian but have no problem murdering another person because of their lifestyle is not a Christian. Because it is just as much a sin to murder as it is to practice homosexuality. No individual has any right, no matter how well intended to impose his or her will over another person.
Christians are not the only ones who oppose homosexuality. You have the Catholics, Jews(religious Jews not the Jews in name only), Muslims, atheist who see something wrong with homosexuality seeing how humans are not hermaphrodites and any other group that usually opposes homosexuality.
Christians are not called to impose morality on others; we are called to preach the good news of the kingdom of God.
What will happen when that becomes illegal and they brand the bible as a hate speech book and ban it?

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(jamesrage;55473)
Christians are not the only ones who oppose homosexuality. You have the Catholics, Jews(religious Jews not the Jews in name only), Muslims, atheist who see something wrong with homosexuality seeing how humans are not hermaphrodites and any other group that usually opposes homosexuality. What will happen when that becomes illegal and they brand the bible as a hate speech book and ban it?
I will tell you exactly what will happen if/when they ban the bible. We'll ignore their ban!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
I don't expect to be going to Brazil any time soon any way.
rolleyes.gif

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(jamesrage;55473)
Christians are not the only ones who oppose homosexuality. You have the Catholics, Jews(religious Jews not the Jews in name only), Muslims, atheist who see something wrong with homosexuality seeing how humans are not hermaphrodites and any other group that usually opposes homosexuality.
Well I'm not one of those who impose morality on anyone, and simply because others do it, does not make it right.....do we live by what others do or do we live by God's word? Is that how we determine what is right? Jesus never seek to change the religious system that the Pharisees and the Sadducees lived under, no, what He did was called a selected few, teach them, and commissioned them to preach that gospel of the kingdom. And this was what they did, and they let those who wanted to follow the old way do so, rather than impose the truth on them. Christians are to be a light to the true path of living, not a club to hit someone over the head with. A light does not make any noise, a light does not impose it will, a light simply shine, that lighten the path so that other can see the obstacles to be avoided.(jamesrage;55473)
What will happen when that becomes illegal and they brand the bible as a hate speech book and ban it?
If that must be, well, so be it, but I will still do what I know I should be doing.....I am not under any obligation to obey man's laws; I seek live by the word of God. I don’t expect much good from this world, because Satan is the god of this world, so it will only get worse as we get closer to Jesus’ return. Jesus said that His kingdom is not of this world, so I don’t seek or desire to change this world, because it’s a dead world. When the time is right, Jesus will return and set up His kingdom, it is then that this world will become our world and God’s world.

verzanumi24

Advanced Member
Aug 17, 2007
New Yonk City
(tomwebster;55487)
I don't expect to be going to Brazil any time soon any way.
rolleyes.gif

Don't worry, we have our own set of problems here to deal with: there are no just society, all are full of sin and is in rebellion against God.