Bread of Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
It has been stated many times over that Yeshua will return in "bodily form" by many believers and disciples of the Word. Yet we have other statements that cannot be annulled and must be taken as to be meant as supernal in meaning. One such statement is where Yeshua says that he is the Bread of Life having come down from heaven. Other such statements come from the Passover, (for he is the Lamb of God). If Yeshua is both the Passover Lamb of God and the Bread of Life come down from heaven then what must we do to be faithful disciples of the Word if he returns in "physical form" as promoted by so many scholars and expositors of the literal and physical world kingdom mindset? How will we be able to keep his commandments at that time? Will you keep his commandment to eat his flesh and drink his blood? Paul clearly states that Yeshua is our Passover which was sacrificed for us:

1 Corinthians 5:4-8 KJV
4. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when ye are gathered together, and my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ,
5. To deliver such an one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.
6. Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
7. Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
8. Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

No continuing city? - Post#33
Christ will come again - Post#76

In the Epistle to the Corinthians passage quoted above the one who was to be "turned over to Satan" was turned over to Satan for the destruction of the FLESH. Then we read what are clearly symbolic representations of certain allegorical things like leaven, dough, (the whole "lump" which gets leavened) and bread. The "old leaven" (probably a reference to the "old man" nature) is then revealed to be an allegory for sin, malice, and wickedness, whereas the "unleavened bread" is said to be of sincerity and truth. Clearly these things are allegorical and not physical even though plain physical truths are employed to form the allegory, (leaven, dough, and bread). We therefore cannot possibly take the commandment of Yeshua literally to eat his flesh and drink his blood and likewise the Master states that his words are Spirit and they are Life, so then, if Yeshua does in fact return in a physical form, even though it would be a resurrected spiritual body; how do we keep his commandment to eat his flesh and drink his blood if indeed his words shall never pass away? If indeed Yeshua returns in a bodily form, even though those who teach and believe this perspective generally speak of a supernatural resurrected body; how is it possible that one will be capable of keeping his commandment to eat his flesh and drink his blood?

John 6:47-57 KJV
47. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.
48. I am that bread of life.
49. Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.
50. This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die.
51. I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
52. The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat?
53. Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood,
ye have no life in you.
54. Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
55. For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.
56. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.
57. As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.

Christ will come again - Post#97

If one does not keep this commandment to eat his flesh and drink his blood, as the Master clearly states, then the same has no life in him. Notice also that Yeshua equates the Bread of Life with his "flesh" which is to be eaten, (like the "unleavened bread" which is mentioned in 1Cor.5:7 quoted above). Since we all absolutely know that this cannot be some crazy psychotic form of physical literal "cannibalism" then we all surely know it is highly symbolic to say the least. But what happens now if indeed Yeshua returns in a physical form even though it would be a supernatural resurrected body as the proponents of that theory proclaim? Are we not as disciples of the Word obligated to eat him? In other words the flesh-minded theories of a physical man returning from the literal physical sky, in a resurrected literal physical bodily form, physically ruling from a literal temple and a literal throne in a literal city called Jerusalem, (of below) is faulty reasoning to say the least: for as soon as Messiah returns in a physical "bodily form" then his words, which shall never pass away, must be carried out by his disciples. Those who claim to be his disciples at that time must eat his flesh and drink his blood if they are to have the Bread of Life in them so as to live. Surely for the same reasons Paul states in the fifth chapter of the second Epistle to the Corinthians the following:

2 Corinthians 5:14-16 KJV
14. For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: [literally "all died"]
15. And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
16. Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Paul states, paraphrased, Wherefore, (because of this) we know no man after the flesh, yea, although we have known Messiah after the flesh, yet now henceforth, (from now on going forward) we know him not in such a way anymore. Which is to say that we do not know Messiah after the flesh anymore because he is now Spirit; for the first man Adam became into a nephesh-chay, psuche-zao, soul living; the eschatos-last Adam into a pneuma-zoopoieo, Spirit-quickening, or life giving Spirit. Thus when Paul states that a certain one in the first Epistle to the Corinthians was to be "turned over to Satan" it is for the destruction of the flesh. And for what reason? Because those kinds of transgression are committed by those walking after the lust of the flesh seeing and hearing all things according to the eyes and mind of the flesh. Such a one likewise in doctrine walks according to "the belly of the flesh" (carnality) just as the serpent was cursed to walk upon his belly in the garden in the beginning.

So then, again, the question is this: If Yeshua does in fact return in a physical bodily form, even though it would be a resurrected supernatural body; how do we keep his commandment to eat his flesh and drink his blood? If indeed Yeshua returns in a bodily form, even though well meaning believers and scholars who adhere to this perspective generally speak of a supernatural resurrected body; how is it possible that one will be capable of keeping this commandment to eat his flesh and drink his blood? If he returns in the literal and physical then this commandment becomes literal and physical whether it be supernatural or not because the words of Messiah shall never pass away. :)

Reactions: dragonfly

Pelaides

Jul 30, 2012
When moses led the hebrews out of bondage into the wilderness he sustained them with a food called manna until they reached the land of milk and honey promised to them.

Jesus has led us out of bondage also,and we are to sustain our selves with his blood until we reach paradise.When he returns we will sustain ourselves with heavenly foods.

When Jesus told us to eat his flesh,he was comparing himself to the passover lamb,which is consumed after its blood is painted on the doorposts.

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
Pelaides said:
When moses led the hebrews out of bondage into the wilderness he sustained them with a food called manna until they reached the land of milk and honey promised to them.

Jesus has led us out of bondage also,and we are to sustain our selves with his blood until we reach paradise.When he returns we will sustain ourselves with heavenly foods.

When Jesus told us to eat his flesh,he was comparing himself to the passover lamb,which is consumed after its blood is painted on the doorposts.
I understand all those things and have quoted Exodus 12 quite a few times myself already in this forum. However, you did not answer the question posed in the OP. If the Kingdom of God is to be a literal world wide global physical kingdom ruling over the nations of the world and Yeshua is to return in a literal physical resurrected body, which may be seen with the natural eyes and touched with the natural hands, then how do you account for the commandment to eat his flesh and drink his blood if his words shall never pass away? And how can you be sure that you have not accidentally discarded and made his own words to "pass away" or become nullified in your doctrine or belief system? This really is what it means to be a disciple of the Master; everything he says must be taken into account if we are ever to truly understand. If he returns in physical form then his commandment surely must be carried out in the physical or else the Logos-Word which the Father spoke through him would be broken. That is likewise another of the commandments from the "second rib" of Torah, (Book of Exodus) concerning the Passover Lamb, (that none of his bones shall be broken). If you are truly a disciple of the Lamb of God then you are commanded to consume as much of the Passover Lamb as possible and leave nothing til the morning come. Likewise when the Daystar comes he says nowhere that when he returns it will be in physical form. Perhaps this is because we would be required to literally eat him; but if you eat all of his Testimony now then perhaps you will begin to understand why he is Spirit, (for a man can only give his flesh and blood once). :)

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
daq said:
I understand all those things and have quoted Exodus 12 quite a few times myself already in this forum. However, you did not answer the question posed in the OP. If the Kingdom of God is to be a literal world wide global physical kingdom ruling over the nations of the world and Yeshua is to return in a literal physical resurrected body, which may be seen with the natural eyes and touched with the natural hands, then how do you account for the commandment to eat his flesh and drink his blood if his words shall never pass away? And how can you be sure that you have not accidentally discarded and made his own words to "pass away" or become nullified in your doctrine or belief system? This really is what it means to be a disciple of the Master; everything he says must be taken into account if we are ever to truly understand. If he returns in physical form then his commandment surely must be carried out in the physical or else the Logos-Word which the Father spoke through him would be broken. That is likewise another of the commandments from the "second rib" of Torah, (Book of Exodus) concerning the Passover Lamb, (that none of his bones shall be broken). If you are truly a disciple of the Lamb of God then you are commanded to consume as much of the Passover Lamb as possible and leave nothing til the morning come. Likewise when the Daystar comes he says nowhere that when he returns it will be in physical form. Perhaps this is because we would be required to literally eat him; but if you eat all of his Testimony now then perhaps you will begin to understand why he is Spirit, (for a man can only give his flesh and blood once). :)

In keeping with your OP...I submit:

Acts 1:9-11 And when He had spoken these things, while they beheld, He was taken up; and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into heaven.

1:3 To whom also He shewed Himself alive after His passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

He returns as He was taken up. He was in a spiritual body...not seen by flesh eyes for He was shown to be alive by...many proofs. He does not show Himself to all for not all have eyes to see and ears to hear.

Reactions: daq

daq

HSN#1851
Feb 9, 2013
Olam Haba
whirlwind said:
In keeping with your OP...I submit:

Acts 1:9-11 And when He had spoken these things, while they beheld, He was taken up; and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked stedfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel; Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into heaven.

1:3 To whom also He shewed Himself alive after His passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:

He returns as He was taken up. He was in a spiritual body...not seen by flesh eyes for He was shown to be alive by...many proofs. He does not show Himself to all for not all have eyes to see and ears to hear.
Truly! :)

John 14:21-23 KJV
21. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
daq said:
Truly! :)

John 14:21-23 KJV
21. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
22. Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

When He comes to us, dwells in us...The Holy Spirit allows us to see spiritually. For that to happen we must crucify ourselves figuratively....

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me.

And then.....

1 Corinthians 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

It is a joy to meet one with eyes to see and read what is revealed to you. :D Blessings!

Reactions: dragonfly

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
Galatians 5:24 And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts.

There is a worthy study of the Greek words translated 'affection' in the KJV New Testament. If you can 'get' what Paul means here (Gal 5:24) and see how it ties in with the way it is used in Romans 1:26, and how the outward is emphasised at the beginning of Hebrews 12, you are onto something good. :)