Breakthrough

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"He whom the Son sets free is free indeed".

The whole world lies in bondage to the enemy. I was no different. Choked by selfish ambition, my love for Christ gave way to the middle class tradition of seeking security, education, wealth, and comfort.

But Im free now. I am going to recieve an unshakeable Kingdom. The hatred of the world and whatever persecution may come is nothing compared to the abundant life of knowing Christ and the eternal kingdom of glory.

I can so what God wants me to do and say what He wants me to say. The world and all its anxious care for material things is passing away. The surpassing worth of knowing Jesus is far better.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I think the best we can achieve in life is to be the best us we can be in Christ. Not seeking status or wealth, not looking inwards to ourselves, but accepting ourselves and being natural rather than trying to be what we are not and were never intended to be. It took me a long time to accept myself so @Wynona I hope you will get there sooner than I did.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the best we can achieve in life is to be the best us we can be in Christ. Not seeking status or wealth, not looking inwards to ourselves, but accepting ourselves and being natural rather than trying to be what we are not and were never intended to be. It took me a long time to accept myself so @Wynona I hope you will get there sooner than I did.

The Lord never wanted us to live anxious worried lives. He really does want us to have an abundant life. I agree that being the best thing we can be in Christ is far better than trying to be someone we aren't.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, praise be and glory to God! Breakthroughs are a beautiful thing my little sis! So happy that you continue to kill that old creature off, we shed as we walk in Him, amen. The shiny and alluring things that the enemy dangles before us; become dull and unattractive before long, as we keep abiding, seeking, studying, praying, worshipping..
Speaking of, I attended a new church yesterday where, something they never did before took place, instead of any sermon (The word was read in parts) it was an hour and a half of only worship! I will go again next week, God willin! Maybe even will make some friends :) Oh how I missed corporate worship. Cannot wait to take communion with the family of God! Been too long.

Christian fellowship is vital to our growth, and so many other things. Fellowship with Christ is paramount!
:Shining:joy::shine::musicn2:

Last edited:

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of, I attended a new church yesterday where, something they never did before took place, instead of any sermon (The word was read in parts) it was an hour and a half of only worship! I will go again next week, God willin! Maybe even will make some friends :) Oh how I missed corporate worship. Cannot wait to take communion with the family of God! Been too long.
That's wonderful to hear!

• Love
Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"He whom the Son sets free is free indeed".

The whole world lies in bondage to the enemy. I was no different. Choked by selfish ambition, my love for Christ gave way to the middle class tradition of seeking security, education, wealth, and comfort.

But Im free now. I am going to recieve an unshakeable Kingdom. The hatred of the world and whatever persecution may come is nothing compared to the abundant life of knowing Christ and the eternal kingdom of glory.

I can so what God wants me to do and say what He wants me to say. The world and all its anxious care for material things is passing away. The surpassing worth of knowing Jesus is far better.
What's taken you so long?