Bring us back

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ezekiel

Aug 14, 2013
Faith
Country
United States
As a teen I was saved and baptized and never will forget that moment, for Dad and Mom would aways bring us to church. As time went on I went on my own way rather I was a rebel. Started a family and working two jobs. One of the jobs I delivered pizza. One night I was making a delivery and I was jumped and robbed by a gang of young boy's with baseball bat's. They beat me with the Bat's and when I was down began kicking me I remember crying out please, please then I heard some voices and things became dark. Then my eye's became dim as I crawed thru the dirt and rocks mixed with my blood to my car as I made it to my house that was one minute away. I did not understand why God would do this but now I do. I lost most of my hearing and can't remember many things of my past. I began to study God's words. God has brought me back to him and because I would not hear his voice and turn to him he allowed this to happen. You know when they were in court I felt sorry for them as my wife cried look what you done to my husband. I pray that that lord will never leave me even if he has to let this happen again. God can use a strong rod to get children back if needed. I'm glad it happened. I.m glad Dad and Mom aways were on thier knees praying and I do the same now. Oh I did'nt tell you the name of the gang they call themself's THE FOUR HORSEMAN.

OzSpen

Mar 30, 2015
Brisbane, Qld., Australia
spencer.gear.dyndns.org
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ezekiel said:
As a teen I was saved and baptized and never will forget that moment, for Dad and Mom would aways bring us to church. As time went on I went on my own way rather I was a rebel. Started a family and working two jobs. One of the jobs I delivered pizza. One night I was making a delivery and I was jumped and robbed by a gang of young boy's with baseball bat's. They beat me with the Bat's and when I was down began kicking me I remember crying out please, please then I heard some voices and things became dark. Then my eye's became dim as I crawed thru the dirt and rocks mixed with my blood to my car as I made it to my house that was one minute away. I did not understand why God would do this but now I do. I lost most of my hearing and can't remember many things of my past. I began to study God's words. God has brought me back to him and because I would not hear his voice and turn to him he allowed this to happen. You know when they were in court I felt sorry for them as my wife cried look what you done to my husband. I pray that that lord will never leave me even if he has to let this happen again. God can use a strong rod to get children back if needed. I'm glad it happened. I.m glad Dad and Mom aways were on thier knees praying and I do the same now. Oh I did'nt tell you the name of the gang they call themself's THE FOUR HORSEMAN.
Ezekiel,

Thank you so much for sharing your very sad story. But it's brilliant for you because God used it to help you return to the Lord.

In these kinds of circumstances, we need to understand that it was not God who did this. They were 'four horsemen' who dealt horrific evil to you. God does not take away from fallen human beings (see Genesis 3) the ability to inflict disgusting evil. Imagine what a world would be like if God intervened every time there was evil about to be conducted to: stop Nero's throwing Christians to the lions, Hiroshima and Nagasaki atomic bombs, September 11, Indonesian tsunami in 2004, etc.

This gets us into the challenging discussion of the theological topic of theodicy.

Oz