Browser Poll

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

What internet browser do you use?

• Total voters

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a random poll - of course we have the usage statistics, but I like to see what people say as well. Feel free to share your thoughts.

I'm currently bouncing back and forth between Firefox 4, Opera (11) and Chrome. I'm posting this with Opera - I'm strongly considering making it my primary browser.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a random poll - of course we have the usage statistics, but I like to see what people say as well. Feel free to share your thoughts.

I'm currently bouncing back and forth between Firefox 4, Opera (11) and Chrome. I'm posting this with Opera - I'm strongly considering making it my primary browser.

Should I upgrade to Firefox 4?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All of 4 votes! :lol: This is a tough bunch when it comes to non-confrontational participation!

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Currently I use Firefox 4 on my desktop and Firefox 3 on laptop....I really like 3 better than 4, because some of the add-on's do not work with 4...Ad blocker works better on 3.....I have tried Opera,currently considering whether trying again on laptop..I do not use Explorer at all. Have not tried Chrome, but wondering if it was worth trying....I really dislike having to remove products from my computer if I find they are useless....

Groundzero

Not Afraid To Stand
Jul 20, 2011
Australia
Chrome is my all-time favorite. Seems to start up faster than all the other browsers. Only set back is doesn't support some video plug-ins occasionally.

Stan

Jul 19, 2012
Calgary, Alberta, CA.
I've been an IE man since it came out. I did use Netscape but it was terrible. I've tried Firefox and Chrome...didn't like them.
As far as I'm concerned IE is best for a Windows O/S.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
I have Firefox 14.0.1: Firefox is my Operating System default browser (unless I download another one) that comes with the operating system.

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
The biggest problem today is there are way to many companies continually coming up with something ..... "new and improved and better" .... but each is pulling in their own direction which fragments everything

Most of these so called "improvements" are just a bunch of pop snap and sizzle for all the zombie idiots staring into their smart phones who dont have a clue about who they are , where they are , or where they are going.

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
I move between M Firefox_ current version and Google Chrome_same depending upon surfing experience, as each may render a page differently. Sometimes the update(s) &/or extensions (scripts)produce glitches and depending upon extra functionality it may render a page inoperable.

So I think it's always good to have a contingency plan. :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It works better than FireFox for me and although it seems to have less features, it is faster with D/U...I prefer using D/U over BB :)

JB_Reformed Baptist

Many are called but few are chosen.
Feb 23, 2013
AUSTRALIA
Angelina said:
It works better than FireFox for me and although it seems to have less features, it is faster with D/U...I prefer using D/U over BB :)
Angelina said:
Interesting, often people don't realize that browser speed on a computer will not only be affected by bandwidth speed but RAM size amongst other things.

The minimum RAM should be 2 Gig but a system with at least 4 gig is advised given the size of programs these days and browsers are not exempt given they are becoming chunkier with the various 'add Ons' i.e bells and whistles etc. :)

THE Gypsy

Jul 27, 2011
Earth
I always used IE. As far as I'm concerned it is the best. However...Since getting my ipad...I use Safari.

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Anyone who likes Firefox but has a 64 bit processor should try Waterfox 14 as it is specifically designed to make use of a 64 bit processor's capabilities.

It's always a good idea to have a backup browser on hand if you encounter difficulty accessing the Internet or a certain web page does not display properly. I'm using Waterfox, with Firefox, Opera, SRWare Iron (a more privacy orientated version of Chrome), and Avant as backup browsers. I do my best to avoid Microsoft's IE browsers or Chrome for security reasons. . .