Business

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thank you, in other words, 'worldly goods or wealth, comes from 'unrighteous mammon'?

So, how then does a believer get hold of ''unrighteous mammon'?

Probably, a correct answer can earn one a partnership, ................... just kiddin.
I believe any form of paid employment and commercial activity falls within the scope of mammon. The parable demonstrates how money influences choices and outcomes.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
I believe any form of paid employment and commercial activity falls within the scope of mammon.
Can't this fall under the catergory of 'righteous mammon'? The more you work, the more you get paid, and provide the best for your family, and likewise provide a needy Christian or neighbor?

And too, things can probably get out of hand in such moderate circle, where sadly ruins have come upon them, and may the Lord God forbid in Jesus name.

Am i wrong to say that, believers who do business with the unbelievers of this world are partaking in the 'unrighteous mammon'?
The parable demonstrates how money influences choices and outcomes.
Basically, google search describe mammon as, Biblical term for riches, often used to describe the debasing influence of material wealth.

And how it can get out of hand, for it is written, 'For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and peircedthemselves through with many many sorrows.'

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Can't this fall under the catergory of 'righteous mammon'? The more you work, the more you get paid, and provide the best for your family, and likewise provide a needy Christian or neighbor?

And too, things can probably get out of hand in such moderate circle, where sadly ruins have come upon them, and may the Lord God forbid in Jesus name.

Am i wrong to say that, believers who do business with the unbelievers of this world are partaking in the 'unrighteous mammon'?

Basically, google search describe mammon as, Biblical term for riches, often used to describe the debasing influence of material wealth.

And how it can get out of hand, for it is written, 'For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content. But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and peircedthemselves through with many many sorrows.'
I haven't found the term "righteous mammon" in the Bible.

We are in the world but not of the world when earthly things don't take pride of place in our lives. We can conduct business with non-believers and use things produced by non-Christians, but we shouldn't be yoked to them in ways that divert us from following Christ.

I tend to think of mammon as being the financial world's alternative to God.

Copilot Quote: The Bible does indeed mention the term “mammon”. Let’s explore its significance:
In summary, mammon serves as a warning against prioritizing worldly pursuits over our relationship with God. It reminds us to seek first the Kingdom of God and to love our heavenly Father wholeheartedly 1.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
I haven't found the term "righteous mammon" in the Bible.
Believers who work in legal businesses on an upper position of leadership and collect their sallary at the end of the month. And likewise they too have a tendcy to acquire mammon, like properties, cars, etc. whether they are on loans. Can we not consider them all come from for a family abiding by the lawful system, as 'righteous mammon' ?
We are in the world but not of the world when earthly things don't take pride of place in our lives. We can conduct business with non-believers and use things produced by non-Christians, but we shouldn't be yoked to them in ways that divert us from following Christ.

I tend to think of mammon as being the financial world's alternative to God.
Believers n this world become or are wealthy owning legal and lawful businesses, will have to merge with ones own by unbelievers. There's many things that are not ringhteous behind the scene of this bisiness world, which believers are be part of. There are believers who've given up their prior businesses and mammon they've owned, and have followed the Lord full time.

i strongly believe, believers who own big businesses merging with ones of unbelievers and are wealthy, fall under the catergory of 'unrighteous mammon'. So, according to Jesus, believers are able to use such mammon, either for the purpose of the church or for the purpose of the world. And, finally on judgement day, they ether end up one of the two eternal homes.
Copilot Quote: The Bible does indeed mention the term “mammon”. Let’s explore its significance:
In summary, mammon serves as a warning against prioritizing worldly pursuits over our relationship with God. It reminds us to seek first the Kingdom of God and to love our heavenly Father wholeheartedly 1.
As written, 'Cannot serve both, either love one and despise the other.'

But later in the same Gospel, Jesus also mentions to His disciples about using one's 'unrighteous mammon' as well.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Believers who work in legal businesses on an upper position of leadership and collect their sallary at the end of the month. And likewise they too have a tendcy to acquire mammon, like properties, cars, etc. whether they are on loans. Can we not consider them all come from for a family abiding by the lawful system, as 'righteous mammon' ?

Believers n this world become or are wealthy owning legal and lawful businesses, will have to merge with ones own by unbelievers. There's many things that are not ringhteous behind the scene of this bisiness world, which believers are be part of. There are believers who've given up their prior businesses and mammon they've owned, and have followed the Lord full time.

i strongly believe, believers who own big businesses merging with ones of unbelievers and are wealthy, fall under the catergory of 'unrighteous mammon'. So, according to Jesus, believers are able to use such mammon, either for the purpose of the church or for the purpose of the world. And, finally on judgement day, they ether end up one of the two eternal homes.

As written, 'Cannot serve both, either love one and despise the other.'

But later in the same Gospel, Jesus also mentions to His disciples about using one's 'unrighteous mammon' as well.
I believe mammon is worldly wealth, and is never righteous, but can be used for righteous causes.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
I believe mammon is worldly wealth, and is never righteous, but can be used for righteous causes.
Yes it is true, remember Jesus' parable, 'some seeds that fell among thorns'. Where, believers are caught up with the world, 'and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful'. (Matthew 13:22)

The working class and the business class, both can fall under this category being preoccupied to acquire 'unrighteous mammon'. And at the same time the word clashes and is choked, thus believers become unfruitful in the obedience and will of GOD in Christ. But, still they are given a chance of redemption from above, to use one's 'unrighteous mammon' wisely. Based on two eternal homes that awaits all mankind, even believers, when after judgement is pronounced to them both.

Apostle Paul, as i've quoted his saying of the Lord prior, did mention believers should be content having cloth and food alone. And the rest of the purpose can be channeled for the word and for the every good works for the Kingdom of GOD (2Timothy3:16&17). Now another category of believers he also mentions, ones who do not work, being a busybody and dependent on the church for hand outs.

Apparently, what Paul was saying about them, is that they will not receive a hand out from the church if they are not going to work (2Thessalonians3:10-15). On the other hand not to generalize, there are also the poor who are unable to work. Even, orphans and widows alike, where the church should be the provider of their needs, especially believers' than unbelievers'.

As for Apostle John further, receiving hands out from unbelievers for the works of the church as to the Kingdom of GOD, is strictly prohibited (3John:verse 5-8).

i believe, we're almost clear about the saying of Jesus to His disciples, for instants using one's unrighteous mammon for the determination of one's eternal homes.

Reactions: Stumpmaster