Business

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
There's all kind of business out there that can make one wealthy and healthy. But there's only one business that is legit, and what is that?

Thank you

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Thanks, but since this is a Bible Study Forum, rather let us stick to Biblical perspective in regards business.
To me, honest business does not get one wealthy nor healthy in the long run. Rather, one will only have enough to live a moderate life instead.
There is a saying once i've heard and to plainly put it, 'You don't cheat, you don't get rich.' And, such people would also claim theirs is a genuine and honest business as well.
Now, Jesus disciple us believers this, "And I say unto you, 'Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations'." (Luke 16:9)
Yet He also finish by saying, "Ye cannot serve GOD and mammon." (Luke 16:13end)

Last edited:
Reactions: MA2444

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
The requirement for work is honestly, see Luke 3:13. Also see Proverbs 11:1

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There's all kind of business out there that can make one wealthy and healthy. But there's only one business that is legit, and what is that?

Thank you
Service to others is the epitome of God's Kingdom

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
The requirement for work is honestly, see Luke 3:13. Also see Proverbs 11:1
Work is one thing but business is another, a broader network of challenges and requirements. Example, one cannot honestly make a product at 50 cents and sell it at 1 dollar to consumers.

As i know basically about the business of this world, in order to be a successful businessman, the profit margin is at 100%. Then again it varies due to challenges based on competitors, consumers and etc.

Am not wise to the wisdom of this world, but am just sharing what i perceive plainly..

Thank you.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Service to others is the epitome of God's Kingdom
You've got a very close reply to Biblical perspective of things.

But also take note, as my quote earlier of Jesus, He speaks about using one's 'unrighteous mammon', or 'wicked wealth'.

Using such in order to be welcomed to one's eternal homes as a matter of written fact.

Thank you.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You've got a very close reply to Biblical perspective of things.

But also take note, as my quote earlier of Jesus, He speaks about using one's 'unrighteous mammon', or 'wicked wealth'.

Using such in order to be welcomed to one's eternal homes as a matter of written fact.

Thank you.
How would you understand that last quote of Jesus you quoted? I'm asking you to flesh it out a bit according to your understanding.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
Work is one thing but business is another, a broader network of challenges and requirements. Example, one cannot honestly make a product at 50 cents and sell it at 1 dollar to consumers.

As i know basically about the business of this world, in order to be a successful businessman, the profit margin is at 100%. Then again it varies due to challenges based on competitors, consumers and etc.

Am not wise to the wisdom of this world, but am just sharing what i perceive plainly..

Thank you.
A business can set any price they want, so long as they do not engage in deceptive practices or take advantage of people's hardship. No one is forcing people to buy, if you are too expensive people can go elsewhere, and that is still honest. The many expenses that come from running a business prevent charging at cost, there would be no reason to have a business in the first place.

Profit margin can be a lot higher on some things than on others. Businesses have been known to take a loss to gain loyal customers. Or take bottled water, with a 2000% markup. It is dishonest when you lure people somewhere and overcharge for basic necessities, but it is a common occurrence.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thanks, but since this is a Bible Study Forum, rather let us stick to Biblical perspective in regards business.
To me, honest business does not get one wealthy nor healthy in the long run. Rather, one will only have enough to live a moderate life instead.
There is a saying once i've heard and to plainly put it, 'You don't cheat, you don't get rich.' And, such people would also claim theirs is a genuine and honest business as well.
Now, Jesus disciple us believers this, "And I say unto you, 'Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations'." (Luke 16:9)
1711084302023.png

Reactions: Fred J

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
As it is also written, 'For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from faith. and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.'

Therefore, there are believers who coveted after money in order to become wealthy, resulting to 'mammon of unrighteousness.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
As it is also written, 'For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from faith. and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.'

Therefore, there are believers who coveted after money in order to become wealthy, resulting to 'mammon of unrighteousness.
A business owner, or anyone for that matter, should not be motivated by the love of money.

Around half of small businesses do not make it five years. Few actually get rich and make it big, they just want to earn a living.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Sorry friends, have been away for awhile, and thank you for your replies.

Now, it is also taken into account, replies about honest business and righteous mammon, resulting to moderate living.

Bur, Jesus according to scripture referring to, using one's 'unrighteous mammon', to be welcomed to one's eternal 'homes'.

Please take note that there are 'two eternal homes', 'Heaven' or 'hell', to simply put it.

Basically, are the drug lords or the mafias included based on their 'unrighteous mammon' ?

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
What Jesus meant by addressing to believers, to use one's 'unrighteous mammon', to be welcomed to one's eternal homes ??

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
As a believer, how do one attain 'unrighteous mommon'?

Surely believers would not get themselves into doing unlawful things to gain 'unrighteous mammon'.

The thing i discern in the spirit is, believers doing business with unbelievers of this world resulting to 'unrighteous mammon'.

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
What Jesus meant by addressing to believers, to use one's 'unrighteous mammon', to be welcomed to one's eternal homes ??
Being generous with wealth, paying debts, not squandering, in other words being a faithful steward or manager of worldly goods.

Fred J

Nov 26, 2023
W.P.
Faith
Christian
Country
Malaysia
Being generous with wealth, paying debts, not squandering, in other words being a faithful steward or manager of worldly goods.
Thank you, in other words, 'worldly goods or wealth, comes from 'unrighteous mammon'?

So, how then does a believer get hold of ''unrighteous mammon'?

Probably, a correct answer can earn one a partnership, ................... just kiddin.