but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Deuteronomy 17:6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

Deuteronomy 19:15-19 One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established. [16] If a false witness rise up against any man to testify against him that which is wrong; [17] Then both the men, between whom the controversy is, shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges, which shall be in those days; [18] And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother; [19] Then shall ye do unto him, as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.

Mark 15:2-4 And Pilate asked him, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answering said unto him, Thou sayest it. [3] And the chief priests accused him of many things: but he answered nothing. [4] And Pilate asked him again, saying, Answerest thou nothing? behold how many things they witness against thee.

Matthew 26:59-66 Now the chief priests, and elders, and all the council, sought false witness against Jesus, to put him to death; [60] But found none: yea, though many false witnesses came, yet found they none. At the last came two false witnesses, [61] And said, This fellow said, I am able to destroy the temple of God, and to build it in three days. [62] And the high priest arose, and said unto him, Answerest thou nothing? what is it which these witness against thee? [63] But Jesus held his peace. And the high priest answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the Christ, the Son of God. [64] Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. [65] Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy. [66] What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.

but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.
John 5:30-34 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. [31] If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true. [32] There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true. [33] Ye sent unto John, and he bare witness unto the truth. [34] But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.

Proverbs 14:25 A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful witness speaketh lies.

Revelation 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good topic, I have two scriptures that comes to mind, if one is in the Right, and wrongly accused, even by two or more witness. (for it will happen).

1. 1 Peter 2:19 (kjv).

2. Luke 23:34 (kjv)

and if you happen to Loos your life for ... Mark 8:35 (kjv) John 12:25 & 26 (kjv).

again, Good topic.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good topic, I have two scriptures that comes to mind, if one is in the Right, and wrongly accused, even by two or more witness. (for it will happen).

1. 1 Peter 2:19 (kjv).

2. Luke 23:34 (kjv)

and if you happen to Loos your life for ... Mark 8:35 (kjv) John 12:25 & 26 (kjv).

again, Good topic.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

thank you. I did look up the verses you suggested.

Reactions: 101G