By faith she had been healed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

univac

May 29, 2008
Leviticus 15,when a woman has a discharge of blood she would be unclean as long as she had the discharge. This poor woman had been unclean for twelve long years and no-one touched her for fear that they then would become unclean.Understand then why she had no intention of meeting Jesus face to face. According to Matthew's account, she thought, “if I only touch His cloak, I will be healed.” Silently and persistently, and in faith, she made her way through the crowd, came up behind the Master Healer and touched His cloak. Sure enough, immediately she felt the bleeding had stopped. Quickly slipping away, imagine her surprise when Jesus turned around and asked, “'Who touched Me?”With the crowd pressing Him on every side, Peter found it a strange question. But Jesus insisted, "Someone touched Me, because I know power has gone out from me." The woman knew that she had no choice but to come to Jesus. She came trembling. Would He be angry and scold her, treat her harshly and reject her? After all, she had been unclean all these years, and besides, she was a woman.She managed to tell Him the whole story of her miserable life, her feeling of despair and the burden of being an outcast. She took a huge risk and told it in the presence of all those people in the crowd: How the bleeding had stopped and that she had been healed. No doubt, her story came out, mixed with tears of sadness and joy.See the tender compassion of the Saviour! Perhaps, He placed His hand on her shoulder and then He called her “Daughter,” the only woman so addressed by Jesus, “Your faith has healed You, go in peace.” Surely, she remembered those words for the rest of her life. By faith she had been healed, not only from her physical bleeding, but also spiritually, as she was warmly welcomed by the Saviour into His family of believers, with the parting blessing, “Go in peace.”Her life had turned around. All became new because in faith she had touched Jesus, Who then had touched her with His healing power. She was never the same after that.Make no mistake about it. The healing, saving power of Jesus is just as real today as it was then. After all, He is the eternal Son of God. His power goes forth to all those who, like this woman, humble themselves, believe in Jesus, reach out in faith to touch Him in prayer, calling on His name.In Romans 1 the gospel is called “the Power of God unto salvation for all who believe.” The moment that we, yes, even the vilest offender, believe in Jesus, His power through His Holy Spirit goes out and surges into our lives. It is a power that miraculously opens and softens hardened hearts, so that we believe the power of His blood shed on the cross washes away all our sins and uncleanness and spiritual filth. It is the power of His life-giving spirit to heal us of all the wounds of our sins and to make us new persons to live in new obedience. Power, that we know his there.God bless