"By His stripes wr are healed"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
Miss Hepburn, I thank you for sharing.

Three Sunday's ago they had a healing service at my church and a guest pastor from TX was there. Her name is Joan Hunter.

There was a line of people wishing to be healed and she would ask what their issue is and then lay hands on them and pray.

We personally witnessed many, many people be healed that day.

Though I am not afflicted by it, hip issues run in my family. My daughter and I were in line to have the issue addressed for her.

The line moved and my daughter was suddenly standing before the pastor. She told her what the issue is and the pastor laid hands on her and pronounced healing.

We went and sat down and my daughter said that while she "felt something," her issue was still there.

We remained afterwards and one of the pastor's traveling assistants came over and asked if we needed prayer.

We told her that my daughter was prayed over but the healing didn't manifest. She said "no problem" and asked my daughter to sit down.

That assistant then had my daughter hold both legs together straight out. She took the ankles in her hand and outloud prayed for healing and the rebuking of corrupting spirits.

I WATCHED my daughter's left leg grow the short distance to match perfectly the length of her right leg.

And when my daughter stood up, her flat feet were cured and she now had full arches (I am completely flat footed and she got the arch issue from me apparently.)

Common sense dictates that legs, especially knees, will be impacted if you suddenly have arches that weren't there before. But her knees, hips, ankles, and back are all operating just fine with no pain whatsoever.

Praise God.

We told my wife about it when we got home. A week later my wife stated she had further proof my daughter was healed.
See, my daughter walks around the house and outside in stocking feet. Previously, the bottoms of her socks were completely dirty, toe to heel, side to side.

But when my wife did laundry later that week she noticed our daughter's socks NOW had a clean spot on the bottom - the spot where her new arches are.

Praise God.

I have no idea why my daughter wasn't healed immediately by the pastor. Perhaps it is because we didn't have time to pray and mentally prepare beforehand.
Perhaps because it happened so quickly. Perhaps it was so that God could show the assistant that His power flows through her, as well.3
Perhaps it was to teach us that just because it doesn't happen how WE expect it to happen, He has everything well in hand.

The point is, just because we aren't healed on our timetable that doesn't mean the problem is with us and that DEFINITELY doesn't mean God had an issue with us.
The last point is for you, Ducky.

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
bottom line..I do believe, but am not healed.
What are you saying that you believe?
As you say, that ultimately (if one believes what you're pushing) means that either God is lying, or His plan for me and others like me, is something else. God does not lie, I will not let people like you make me doubt my faith or try to destroy my relationship with God, so I choose to trust.
Your faith in what? God's promises? If the healing promises don't work what makes you think the salvation promises work?
Why is it Ducky, that you cannot argue this with a semblance of love? You are harsh, critical and actually down right mean.
Because I point out that God is faithful to His promises whether we believe them or not?
This is one big problem I have with 'prosperity gospel' types...your message is one despair and degradation.
Is stereo-typing Christian? My message is a message of hope and physical healing for His people. How do you get "despair and degradation" out of that?
All those things that you have accused me of are just wrong...you did not take the time to discover this, nor did you say "I think she has scripture wrong, I think she can be well, I will tell her this with love and encouragement". No, you did not.
What did I accuse you of?
And this tells me more than anything else...every single person I have ever had contact with that holds the same beliefs as you do, has treated me with contempt.
That's odd. I don't know very many who believe that God's promises are always true, besides myself. Where did you find these people?
One person even told me I should go and stick myself with and AIDS needle, so I could be sick all the time. You are foolish, and you have no hope of understanding me, my life or my faith. Shame on you and all who think like you. Even should it turn out in the end that you were right theologically, I cannot think that Jesus will be pleased with your "holier than thou" attitude that you have spewed these last few days. Not a single sentence you posted gave me any hope that you actually had any human or Christian feelings towards the people you were calling liars, unfaithful, demonically deceived etc etc.
Very little of what you have said is true about me. I am defending the integrity of God's promises. And you are attacking me for doing so.
I do not usually let loose like this, but I do not think you can conceive of the harm you and those like you have done...to both Christians who need love and encouragement through their illnesses, and to the name of Christianity itself. If you hold true, you will dismiss this with cutting words, but I pray that the Holy Spirit might actually convict you, and from here on in you will argue your beliefs with some love and kindness at least.
If God's promises don't show love and encouragement then you won't find it anywhere. If you want to charge me with anything charge me with promoting God's faithfulness. I don't see where you show that you believe that He is faithful to His Word. Mainly what you have shown are attacks and excuses for not believing Him. You are trying to make this personal. You still haven't said whether you believe in God's healing promises.

Romans 14:23 (ESV)
For whatever does not proceed from faith is sin.

-- Kudos to you Rach.
You said exactly what needed to be said.
That God is not always faithful to His promises? He is faithful to those who are faithful to Him:

1 John 3:22 (ESV)
[sup]22 [/sup]and whatever we ask we receive from him, because we keep his commandments and do what pleases him.

The point is, just because we aren't healed on our timetable that doesn't mean the problem is with us and that DEFINITELY doesn't mean God had an issue with us.
The last point is for you, Ducky.
Where did I mention any "timetable"??? I NEVER did.

Mark 11:24 (ESV)
[sup]24 [/sup]Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

Praise God....great testimony.......Ducky darling...still praying that your eyes will be opened....
Opened to what? The deception that God doesn't always keep His promises?

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Looks like we have a whole bunch of people who reject the Bible-according-to-Ducky....

And I thought I was special :(

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
My faith is of the same as Abraham's faith who by the way Duckybill did not have a bible let alone a KJV.
tongue.gif

Abraham's faith was based on his own real experiences with God.
Not the same Jiggy. You have a Bible.
What you think of this guy's healing ducky? Was he healed because of his faith???
1 Peter and John went to the Temple one afternoon to take part in the three o’clock prayer service.2 As they approached the Temple, a man lame from birth was being carried in. Each day he was put beside the Temple gate, the one called the Beautiful Gate, so he could beg from the people going into the Temple.3 When he saw Peter and John about to enter, he asked them for some money.4 Peter and John looked at him intently, and Peter said, “Look at us!”5 The lame man looked at them eagerly, expecting some money.6 But Peter said, “I don’t have any silver or gold for you. But I’ll give you what I have. In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!”7 Then Peter took the lame man by the right hand and helped him up. And as he did, the man’s feet and ankles were instantly healed and strengthened.8 He jumped up, stood on his feet, and began to walk! Then, walking, leaping, and praising God, he went into the Temple with them.9 All the people saw him walking and heard him praising God.10 When they realized he was the lame beggar they had seen so often at the Beautiful Gate, they were absolutely astounded!11 They all rushed out in amazement to Solomon’s Colonnade, where the man was holding tightly to Peter and John.Acts 3:1-11 (NLT)
What's your point? The account does not imply that he didn't have faith.

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina

Not the same Jiggy. You have a Bible.

What's your point? The account does not imply that he didn't have faith.

The account clearly shows that he wasn't even looking for a physical healing, he was out there begging for money yet Jesus healed him.

As far as the Abraham/faith thing, just forget it, it obviously went over your head and to be honest I don't have much patience towards you or your debate method.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
The account clearly shows that he wasn't even looking for a physical healing, he was out there begging for money yet Jesus healed him.

It still doesn't say he didn't have faith so what is your point?
As far as the Abraham/faith thing, just forget it, it obviously went over your head and to be honest I don't have much patience towards you or your debate method.

I know that Abraham is the father of faith. But we have the New Testament and therefore will be held accountable for MUCH info that Abraham did not have. Why are you trying to make this personal?

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina

It still doesn't say he didn't have faith so what is your point?

I know that Abraham is the father of faith. But we have the New Testament and therefore will be held accountable for MUCH info that Abraham did not have. Why are you trying to make this personal?

Guess I was wrong, it seems both statements were over you head, talking with you is exhausting, I thought my points were clear.

Point one, Abraham is the father of faith and he didn't have a bible so if your foundation of faith is the bible it is a different faith than that of Abraham.

Point two, the lame guy at the beautiful gate was not looking for a healing, he was looking for money yet Jesus healed him.He was not believing for healing he was believing for money but Jesus healed him anyway.

These are counter points to your earlier opinions concerning faith and healing so in your own words Ducky, YOUR WRONG!!!!
laugh.gif

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Guess I was wrong, it seems both statements were over you head, talking with you is exhausting, I thought my points were clear.

Point one, Abraham is the father of faith and he didn't have a bible so if your foundation of faith is the bible it is a different faith than that of Abraham.

Point two, the lame guy at the beautiful gate was not looking for a healing, he was looking for money yet Jesus healed him.He was not believing for healing he was believing for money but Jesus healed him anyway.

These are counter points to your earlier opinions concerning faith and healing so in your own words Ducky, YOUR WRONG!!!!
laugh.gif

Haha....pretty crazy making, isn't it?

Pearls, meet swine.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010

Yes, my "foundation of faith" is the Bible. What is yours?

You still haven't proved that he didn't have faith for healing.
laugh.gif

My wrong?

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:) FOREIGNER!

I can't express what your testimony has made me feel - teary, warm, happy, proud of you and everyone there that you
all just believed and trusted and went that day...Oh, what a blessing, what a blessing for you all.

(Remember it took 4 days for my healing to manifest completely and still 2 years later. Oh, the pain in my
hip every night! Gone.) I give thanks and praise every day! My joy is deep.

My knowing and remembering God's Love and Presence and Power is increased by your testimony.

xxoo Miss Hepburn