by walking in them

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh. Well, I don't know anything about the Lord God. Don't care about Statues, Ordinances, and Commands either.

Yet you wrote about a desire to be in Him?

I'm very concerned about walking in him. I now spend much of my time right inside the spirit as close as I can get right in their face

What does that mean to you? Doesn't it mean you hear His words via His Holy Spirit?

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

And if words from Him (the King, Lord, Father, and Teacher) don't those words come with the rules of the King, instruction from the Lord, discipline from the Father, and Teaching with reproof from the Teacher? Or does that mean we just want the good feeling and comfort that comes from God?

This is what the thread was about, that we not only seek just the presence of God in our Temple (us), but that His presence will be removed if we don't also walk in the Statues, Ordinances, and Commandments that He also has. That does not mean what we just lean on our own understanding, but instead it means we need to talk with Him as the King, the Lord, the Father, and the Teacher too!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What does that mean to you? Doesn't it mean you hear His words via His Holy Spirit?

Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

And if words from Him (the King, Lord, Father, and Teacher) don't those words come with the rules of the King, instruction from the Lord, discipline from the Father, and Teaching with reproof from the Teacher? Or does that mean we just want the good feeling and comfort that comes from God?

This is what the thread was about, that we not only seek just the presence of God in our Temple (us), but that His presence will be removed if we don't also walk in the Statues, Ordinances, and Commandments that He also has. That does not mean what we just lean on our own understanding, but instead it means we need to talk with Him as the King, the Lord, the Father, and the Teacher too!

I write that I'm in him. Not in Him or a desire to be in him.

It means I hear His words via His holy spirit.

And if words from Him (the King, Lord, Father, and Teacher)

I don't believe in the Lord God. I believe the Lord is the resurrected Christ.

don't those words come with the rules of the King, instruction from the Lord, discipline from the Father, and Teaching with reproof from the Teacher?

These rules and instructions sound like the Old Testament Law to me.

This is walk in the Statues, Ordinances, and Commandments

Again Statues, Ordinances, and Commandments sound an awful lot like the Old Testament Law to me.

Reactions: Karl Peters

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I write that I'm in him. Not in Him or a desire to be in him.

It means I hear His words via His holy spirit.

And if words from Him (the King, Lord, Father, and Teacher)

don't those words come with the rules of the King, instruction from the Lord, discipline from the Father, and Teaching with reproof from the Teacher?

These rules and instructions sound like the Old Testament Law to me.

This is walk in the Statues, Ordinances, and Commandments

Again Statues, Ordinances, and Commandments sound an awful lot like the Old Testament Law to me.

I generally like the responses, but I wonder about how you say you hear from Him, Jesus Christ, via His Holy Spirit and not realize that He was the very same Christ that spoke to Moses???

Exo 3:18 “They will pay heed to what you say; and you with the elders of Israel will come to the king of Egypt and you will say to him, ‘The LORD, the God of the Hebrews, has met with us. So now, please, let us go a three days' journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God.'

Now the sacrifice might not still be needed or required, but the One Moses knew and heard from then "The Lord, the God of the Hebrews" is the same One we call Jesus Christ today. The reason we call Him Jesus, which means God's Salvation, is because He did go to the cross. But that does not mean that we can just do whatever and whenever!!

Which of course is why Jesus said, "“But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one stroke of a letter of the Law to fail." (Luke 16:17)

Have He not told you that what a King says is law."

Of have you not read,

Mal 2:7 “For the lips of a priest should keep knowledge, And people should seek the law from his mouth;
For he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.

So if indeed we do hear the King, who is Jesus Christ, and He tells us to do something, is it to be ignored. If He tells you not to do something, is it then ok to do it? And even in the "New Testament" did not Jesus say things like:

Mat 22:37 And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'

Mark 12:30 AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.'

Luke 10:27 And he answered, “YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”

So I don't understand you say you are in Him, Jesus Christ, but don't know He is "THE LORD YOUR GOD"?

It seems like you are saying that He is the resurrected Christ, but that He did not exist before the New Testament, and I cann't understand how anyone could spend much time talking back and forth with Him, like someone you love, and not know that He was also in the beginning and was the Law giver, along with being the One through whom all things were created, and even the first born of all creation.

The Law, not even one letter of the Law, can go away because He can't go away, and the Law is what He "The King" says!!

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

The above can't mean the Law went away:

Luke 16:17 “But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one stroke of a letter of the Law to fail.

But it means that the Law is fulfilled by listening to the Lord and doing what He says, via His Holy Spirit. So if a person says they know the Lord and don't know this, do they know the Lord Jesus Christ, the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. After all, are they confessing Him Lord if they are not only hearing but also doing what He asks?

People say all sorts of things. Some have even been know to pretend obedience.

Ps 81:15 “Those who hate the LORD would pretend obedience to Him, And their time of punishment would be forever.

Yet if the is obedience to the One we call the Lord our God, like Moses called Him, then there is an understanding that we need to do what He tells us to do. I mean if I indeed think the Lord is the resurrected Christ and I hear from Him via His Holy Spirit, then I am going to do things He tells me, especially if I think He is God! But if I don't believe in the Lord God, then what? Maybe then I could call Him Lord but not really think it necessary to do what He says - because He is not God - according to that thinking. So there is not fear of God, but a pretense of obedience!

Frankly Peterlag - I read what you write and it makes no sense to me since I walk and talk with Him. He, the Word of God and God, has asked me to do many things for Him - from opening a Christian bookstore for Him, working in a healing ministry for Him for five years, helping in a hospital visitation ministry, and so much more. He has ask me to talk to this person and that person, to post on this forum, and to preach the Word of God to be Him because He wants His people to listen to Him. And while I don't wind up doing all of them, I desire to do them and, because He is God and my Lord. I would not have done them otherwise. Indeed if I had thought it was not needed to do anything I didn't want, because I was not under any authority, then I would not have done any of them. It is like what James wrote:

Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?

Did not Abraham think of Him as the Lord God, though not as Jesus at that time?

Gen 15:2 Abram said, “O Lord GOD, what will You give me, since I am childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?”

So your denial that Jesus Christ is the Lord God who Abram knew and believed in baffles me. Abraham and Moses make sense to me, but you don't. I just can't figure out how anyone can walk and talk with Jesus Christ and not know that He is the Lord God????

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humm - I had to talk to Him who I know after that above post I made, because I was baffled.

Now why did I just write "Him" above as opposed to "him"?

The reason is that deity is capitalized. Now I was always better in Math and English, so I can and do make mistakes when writing. And of course so can others. Yet we expect the Bible to be correct. Of course we could have a printing error, but they spend time proofing what is written in it. So if we read a verse that goes:

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

In the verse above, the very fact that "Lord" is capitalized means that Jesus is deity (God)

So if someone writes something like:

They actually have not stated “Jesus is Lord,” as in the Scripture because the Scriptures have it as "Lord" and not "lord". In fact He has very specifically denied "the Lord God", and there is of course only One Lord God! And that according to the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ is "Lord" and not just lord. That meaning the Jesus Christ is deity (God). So what spirit is saying not to believe in the Lord God but believe the Lord is the resurrect Christ? That is an oxymoron. Either Jesus Christ is the "Lord" meaning the Lord God, because Lord is capitalized, or He is "lord" and not the Lord God.

Ps 2:6 “But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”
Jn 1,2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

The Bible makes is clear that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is both the Word of God (the One who speaks to us via His Holy Spirit) and also God. And He was King long before He came down out of heaven, and the New Testament. But if the Bible wasn't clear to us, then certainly walking and talking with Him would make is clear. Does He not also command the angels in heaven?

Dan 8:16 And I heard the voice of a man between the banks of Ulai, and he called out and said, “Gabriel, give this man an understanding of the vision.”

And it has been that way:

Rev 22:13 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

That is who we walk and talk with. The Word of God and God. The One who was installed as King and who was the beginning and the end. And if that was not obvious from reading the Bible it would be obvious if you walk and talk with Him for a while.

Is 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;
And the government will rest on His shoulders;
And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

So if you know Him you would know and call Him Mighty God, but some don't know and call Him that. So He is not really "Lord" to them but "lord" to them.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Humm - I had to talk to Him who I know after that above post I made, because I was baffled.

Now why did I just write "Him" above as opposed to "him"?

The reason is that deity is capitalized. Now I was always better in Math and English, so I can and do make mistakes when writing. And of course so can others. Yet we expect the Bible to be correct. Of course we could have a printing error, but they spend time proofing what is written in it. So if we read a verse that goes:

1 Cor 12:3 Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking by the Spirit of God says, “Jesus is accursed”; and no one can say, “Jesus is Lord,” except by the Holy Spirit.

In the verse above, the very fact that "Lord" is capitalized means that Jesus is deity (God)

So if someone writes something like:

They actually have not stated “Jesus is Lord,” as in the Scripture because the Scriptures have it as "Lord" and not "lord". In fact He has very specifically denied "the Lord God", and there is of course only One Lord God! And that according to the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ is "Lord" and not just lord. That meaning the Jesus Christ is deity (God). So what spirit is saying not to believe in the Lord God but believe the Lord is the resurrect Christ? That is an oxymoron. Either Jesus Christ is the "Lord" meaning the Lord God, because Lord is capitalized, or He is "lord" and not the Lord God.

Ps 2:6 “But as for Me, I have installed My King Upon Zion, My holy mountain.”
Jn 1,2 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God.

The Bible makes is clear that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is both the Word of God (the One who speaks to us via His Holy Spirit) and also God. And He was King long before He came down out of heaven, and the New Testament. But if the Bible wasn't clear to us, then certainly walking and talking with Him would make is clear. Does He not also command the angels in heaven?

Dan 8:16 And I heard the voice of a man between the banks of Ulai, and he called out and said, “Gabriel, give this man an understanding of the vision.”

And it has been that way:

Rev 22:13 “I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.”

That is who we walk and talk with. The Word of God and God. The One who was installed as King and who was the beginning and the end. And if that was not obvious from reading the Bible it would be obvious if you walk and talk with Him for a while.

Is 9:6 For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us;
And the government will rest on His shoulders;
And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.

So if you know Him you would know and call Him Mighty God, but some don't know and call Him that. So He is not really "Lord" to them but "lord" to them.
We don't try to understand Scripture by if a word is capitalized or not since most manuscripts were written in all caps. God made the resurrected Christ both Lord and Christ when He raised him out from among the dead. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Acts 2:36
Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I generally like the responses, but I wonder about how you say you hear from Him, Jesus Christ, via His Holy Spirit and not realize that He was the very same Christ that spoke to Moses???

Exo 3:18 “They will pay heed to what you say; and you with the elders of Israel will come to the king of Egypt and you will say to him, ‘The LORD, the God of the Hebrews, has met with us. So now, please, let us go a three days' journey into the wilderness, that we may sacrifice to the LORD our God.'

Now the sacrifice might not still be needed or required, but the One Moses knew and heard from then "The Lord, the God of the Hebrews" is the same One we call Jesus Christ today. The reason we call Him Jesus, which means God's Salvation, is because He did go to the cross. But that does not mean that we can just do whatever and whenever!!

Which of course is why Jesus said, "“But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one stroke of a letter of the Law to fail." (Luke 16:17)

Have He not told you that what a King says is law."

Of have you not read,

Mal 2:7 “For the lips of a priest should keep knowledge, And people should seek the law from his mouth;
For he is the messenger of the LORD of hosts.

So if indeed we do hear the King, who is Jesus Christ, and He tells us to do something, is it to be ignored. If He tells you not to do something, is it then ok to do it? And even in the "New Testament" did not Jesus say things like:

Mat 22:37 And He said to him, “ ‘YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND.'

Mark 12:30 AND YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH.'

Luke 10:27 And he answered, “YOU SHALL LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART, AND WITH ALL YOUR SOUL, AND WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH, AND WITH ALL YOUR MIND; AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”

So I don't understand you say you are in Him, Jesus Christ, but don't know He is "THE LORD YOUR GOD"?

It seems like you are saying that He is the resurrected Christ, but that He did not exist before the New Testament, and I cann't understand how anyone could spend much time talking back and forth with Him, like someone you love, and not know that He was also in the beginning and was the Law giver, along with being the One through whom all things were created, and even the first born of all creation.

The Law, not even one letter of the Law, can go away because He can't go away, and the Law is what He "The King" says!!

Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to everyone who believes.

The above can't mean the Law went away:

Luke 16:17 “But it is easier for heaven and earth to pass away than for one stroke of a letter of the Law to fail.

But it means that the Law is fulfilled by listening to the Lord and doing what He says, via His Holy Spirit. So if a person says they know the Lord and don't know this, do they know the Lord Jesus Christ, the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS. After all, are they confessing Him Lord if they are not only hearing but also doing what He asks?

People say all sorts of things. Some have even been know to pretend obedience.

Ps 81:15 “Those who hate the LORD would pretend obedience to Him, And their time of punishment would be forever.

Yet if the is obedience to the One we call the Lord our God, like Moses called Him, then there is an understanding that we need to do what He tells us to do. I mean if I indeed think the Lord is the resurrected Christ and I hear from Him via His Holy Spirit, then I am going to do things He tells me, especially if I think He is God! But if I don't believe in the Lord God, then what? Maybe then I could call Him Lord but not really think it necessary to do what He says - because He is not God - according to that thinking. So there is not fear of God, but a pretense of obedience!

Frankly Peterlag - I read what you write and it makes no sense to me since I walk and talk with Him. He, the Word of God and God, has asked me to do many things for Him - from opening a Christian bookstore for Him, working in a healing ministry for Him for five years, helping in a hospital visitation ministry, and so much more. He has ask me to talk to this person and that person, to post on this forum, and to preach the Word of God to be Him because He wants His people to listen to Him. And while I don't wind up doing all of them, I desire to do them and, because He is God and my Lord. I would not have done them otherwise. Indeed if I had thought it was not needed to do anything I didn't want, because I was not under any authority, then I would not have done any of them. It is like what James wrote:

Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up Isaac his son on the altar?

Did not Abraham think of Him as the Lord God, though not as Jesus at that time?

Gen 15:2 Abram said, “O Lord GOD, what will You give me, since I am childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?”

So your denial that Jesus Christ is the Lord God who Abram knew and believed in baffles me. Abraham and Moses make sense to me, but you don't. I just can't figure out how anyone can walk and talk with Jesus Christ and not know that He is the Lord God????
Sometimes. Not all of the time. Just sometimes I wonder who it is that is really talking to you.

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
God talked to us by the blood of HIs Holy covenant which He gave for us, what does other things say to us..

Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hebrews 8:10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:
11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

yes yes yes--- This is correct!!!

Now of course we have not gotten to the point where every body knows Him, or why all the wars in this world. Yet that is where Christians should be - in that they should have His laws in our minds and hearts, and that because the Holy Spirit of the Law Giver (Jesus Christ who is the Word of God) is with us. Indeed the Word of God we preach is found on our lips and in our hearts because His Holy Spirit speaks to our spirit!!!

So the Law did not go away because the Law giver did not go away. He indwells us. And if He indwells us, then we know Him, and thus know that He is the King and Lord who has rules (Statues, Ordinances, and Commandments) that He still wants us to obey!!1

When He came into my life, it did not make me more rebellious and less concern about obeying law, but rather having Him in me made me much more concerned about obeying laws, even the law of this world. For example:

When He came into my life I like to drive without a seat belt. So He started to tell me to wear my seat belt, because that was the law (not His but the law of the land). I asked Him if I was going to get in an accident, and He told me "No", but He wanted me to wear it simply because it was the law of the land and He is not bringing up rebellious children!

Still, I often didn't bother to put on a seat belt, then one day a cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket for it. The thing was that there was no way that cop could have seen that I didn't have a seat belt on from where he was. He didn't pull be over for that, and I have not idea why then he did pull me over - except that perhaps some spirit (maybe the Lord or a spirit the Lord let put an idea into that cops head) gave that cop the idea to pull me over for something other than the seat belt, but the cop only found the seat belt to write me up for.

And the bad thing was that I didn't even learn from that! A bit later a very similar thing happened when another cop pulled me over for making and illegal U-turn, and also gave me a ticket for not wearing a seat belt. Well, the cop we wrong about the U-turn. I had made the U-turn in a residential neighborhood and when it was safe to do so, and that is perfectly legal. The cop should have known that, and that was covered in the traffic school class I had to take. So, if not for the seat belt statute, I could have gone that ticket thrown out. Never-the-less, the point the Lord wanted made was made.

I am not worried about the cops, I am worried about the Lord because He is the KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORD, and if I decide to get rebellious against what He tells me He can and will make sure He corrects that problem in me!!

So - if the King tells you to put on your seat belt, that is Law - the one that He put in your mind and writes on your heart. And so how can anyone say they know Him and not know this???

If you walk with the Lord and are "in the Lord" you will walk in His statutes ordinances, and or He will at some point remove His presence from your temple - and we are the temple of God!

Mat 7:22,23 “Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’
“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

If we think we know the Lord yet also think that we do not have to obey any law, then do we not have a problem with "LAWLESSNESS", and don't really know Him, but perhaps some 'religious' spirit instead?

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Iniquity, is what people practise, and as from the beginning man has had no faith and had a law to obey or die, faith came from heaven and because the mystery of iniquity ( the devil) is at work, faith is denied and the world continues its own path, iniquity, doing law, breaking law, and not the mystery of godliness, which for a brief while was BELIEVED ON in the word, and then received up to glory.

Characteristics of the workers of iniquity:

Psalm 28:3 Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.

Psalm 94:4 How long shall they utter and speak hard things? and all the workers of iniquity boast themselves?

Psalm 125:5 As for such as turn aside unto their crooked ways, the Lord shall lead them forth with the workers of iniquity: but peace shall be upon Israel.

Proverbs 10:29 The way of the Lord is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.

Proverbs 21:15 It is joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.

Luke 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

The mystery of iniquity, compared to the mystery of godliness:

2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Iniquity, is what people practise, and as from the beginning man has had no faith and had a law to obey or die, faith came from heaven and because the mystery of iniquity ( the devil) is at work, faith is denied and the world continues its own path, iniquity, doing law, breaking law, and not the mystery of godliness, which for a brief while was BELIEVED ON in the word, and then received up to glory.

Characteristics of the workers of iniquity:

Psalm 28:3 Draw me not away with the wicked, and with the workers of iniquity, which speak peace to their neighbours, but mischief is in their hearts.

Psalm 94:4 How long shall they utter and speak hard things? and all the workers of iniquity boast themselves?

Psalm 125:5 As for such as turn aside unto their crooked ways, the Lord shall lead them forth with the workers of iniquity: but peace shall be upon Israel.

Proverbs 10:29 The way of the Lord is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.

Proverbs 21:15 It is joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.

Luke 13:27 But he shall say, I tell you, I know you not whence ye are; depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity.

The mystery of iniquity, compared to the mystery of godliness:

2 Thessalonians 2:7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Yes - again well put by gordon7 - We really do have choice and the choice is between leaning on our own understanding of what is right, or seeking the Lord have faith and leaning on what He thinks is right, by listening to Him. That takes faith that He is there with us to be heard from and a desire to hear from Him!

And since His thought and His ways are not our ways, then we cannot come to His understanding except that we actually seek Him and be obedient to Him!

Now seeking Him is the same as seeking written rules - instead it is seeking a personal relationship with Him, The Living Word of God/ Jesus Christ, as a person and not as some writings!! Yet He, The Living and active Word of God, is the One who gave the Law in writing to those who had said, "Let Not God speak to Us" while at the foot of the mountain of God. So they were in His presence but inside they still did not want to hear from Him.

Therefore is it possible to want to get into His presence and still not want to listen to Him. Yet doing that means you have to fulfill the Law, even the Law of God that does not go away, by leaning on your own understanding, instead of fulling it by Listening to Him personally!

That is what is meant by:

i Ki 6:12 “Concerning this house which you are building, if you will walk in My statutes and execute My ordinances and keep all My commandments by walking in them, then I will carry out My word with you which I spoke to David your father.

We are the temple of God which we are building, so it is inside us. And inside us is also where we then find the Word of God which we are preaching. So 'walking in them' means listening to the Word of God we find in our hearts and sometime coming out our mouth, and doing what He asks. And what He asks means fulfilling the Law through our relationship with Him personally by leaning on His understanding. So we read:

Luke 8:21 But He answered and said to them, “My mother and My brothers are these who hear the word of God and do it.”

and also verses like:

Jas 2:14 What use is it, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but he has no works? Can that faith save him?

So there is a type of faith a person has where they say the like the presence of the Lord, believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, but do not take action based upon actually hearing Him and obeying what He tells them.

A person like that could indeed tell you they believe in Jesus Christ, but not practice obedience to the Law giver Himself. They might do works, but they are based on their own understanding instead of hearing the Lord and doing it. They might even say they want the presence of God, but that is to comfort them and make them feel good, but not to actually do what He says.

Jas 2:22,23 You see that faith was working with his works, and as a result of the works, faith was perfected; and the Scripture was fulfilled which says, “AND ABRAHAM BELIEVED GOD, AND IT WAS RECKONED TO HIM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS,” and he was called the friend of God

Do some still not understand that by faith we walk with the Lord our God Jesus Christ?

By walking with Him, the Law giver, we keep the statutes and execute His ordinances and keep all My commandments by walking in them. Then He will keep His presence in the temple you are building, but if not a time will come when He will remove His presence in you.

Therefore we don't say follow the Law, but follow the Law Giver. We don't say, listen to me, but we say listen to Him. We don't say that all things are ok, but we say take all thoughts captive to Him. WE kept turning people to Him so they might listen and learn from Him! That is the Word of God He asks us to preach!

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
Therefore we don't say follow the Law, but follow the Law Giver. We don't say, listen to me, but we say listen to Him. We don't say that all things are ok, but we say take all thoughts captive to Him. WE kept turning people to Him so they might listen and learn from Him! That is the Word of God He asks us to preach!
The word of God is the kingdom of heaven, it separates the law ( earth) from heaven, ( faith.)

Matthew 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Matthew 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

The law giver is the faith bringer, the law remains with the chaff, not very agreeable, and faith is brought to the wheat, digesting all very well, not unmanageable, very good and not ending up good for nothing as tares do...

Jeremiah 13:10 This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.

Matthew 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Matthew 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word of God is the kingdom of heaven, it separates the law ( earth) from heaven, ( faith.)

Matthew 3:12 Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Matthew 13:30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.

The law giver is the faith bringer, the law remains with the chaff, not very agreeable, and faith is brought to the wheat, digesting all very well, not unmanageable, very good and not ending up good for nothing as tares do...

Jeremiah 13:10 This evil people, which refuse to hear my words, which walk in the imagination of their heart, and walk after other gods, to serve them, and to worship them, shall even be as this girdle, which is good for nothing.

Matthew 5:13 Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.

Matthew 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are the children of the wicked one;
39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.
40 As therefore the tares are gathered and burned in the fire; so shall it be in the end of this world.
41 The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity;
42 And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I like a lot of what gordon7! In deed I like all verses and He posts lot of them - and makes some interesting comments. There are two comments I find interesting in the above post, which are:

The word of God is the kingdom of heaven, it separates the law

he law giver is the faith bringer

The Lord speaks in parables and sayings (Ps 78:5 I will open my mouth in a parable; I will utter dark sayings of old) - so it is not uncommon to find a Christian speaking in parables and sayings that they heard from the Lord. Yet the parables and sayings are spoken for us to learn from and get understanding from. So if we do hear the Lord speaking to us in parables and sayings, we ought also seek Him directly afterwards for the meaning and the understanding!

So what about "The word of God is the kingdom of heaven, it separates the law" - what does that mean??

The Word of God is Jesus Christ and He is the King over the Kingdom of heaven. So is He the Kingdom? No! But He is the King over the Kingdom. And He, as King does also send us angel that serve Him to minister to us, and they do His bidding, so indeed the also come in His name to minister to us, and that to enforce (convincing us and ministering to us) the understanding that is given to them by the King. So in the way the King and indeed the kingdom of heaven does explain and thus separate the law of God from the rebellion (demonic ideas and statement). And so we should be getting an understanding of the words of the wise, right?

Prov 1:5,6 A wise man will hear and increase in learning,
And a man of understanding will acquire wise counsel,
To understand a proverb and a figure,
The words of the wise and their riddles.

So it is that the Word of God we preach is found near us - even in our mouth and heart.

And basically we are talking about the King (Jesus Christ) but the King also comes with His Kingdom! And we should know about this, and do if we really are spending time talking with the King!

And so the second comment:

"he law giver is the faith bringer" - should also come with the understanding that the law giver is Jesus Christ - the King. Is He also the "faith bringer"? Oh yeah, because He is the Word of God, and it is written that faith comes from hearing and that is hearing a word from Christ, right?

Rom 10: 17 So faith comes from hearing, and hearing by the word of Christ.

So I like the post, but it is not as complicated as the post make it out to be. Indeed, walking in the Law (the statutes, ordinances and commandments)! It is just as simple as listening to the King and those ministering spirits that He sends to us (remember to test the spirit , see 1 Jn 4:1-3)! So really there is really only one thing we need to know and do and that is hearing the Lord by faith - TODAY!

Gal 3:2 This is the only thing I want to find out from you: did you receive the Spirit by the works of the Law, or by hearing with faith?

The above verses just means you don't fulfill the Law by doing works bases on you own understanding, but by seek the voice of our Lord Jesus Christ who sends His Holy Spirit to tell our spirit what we need to do! The Law does not go way, it is fulfilled by listening to the King and doing was He askes!!!

gordon7

Mar 21, 2023
Ireland
Faith
Christian
Country
Ireland
I like why nobody teaches us, and I like why nobody can teach us.

Firstly nobody has dominion over our faith, it comes directly from God, because it is God alone that came directly from heaven, to seek His own sheep and it is also God alone who died for them.

Now the sheep can believe not only in their good Shepherd who died for them, ( which shows all others flee as they do not care for the sheep) but they themselves are dead with Christ, from the world, which had dominion over us, ( SIN SHALL NOT HAVE DOMINION OVER YOU, FOR YOU ARE NOT UNDER THE LAW BUT UNDER GRACE) and the wolves in sheeps clothing of course still seek to keep man in bondage to their teaching, and their "guidance" of your faith. ( a person in sin has no belief of Jesus Christ, and in sin, tries to keep you in sin/unbelief also)

Doctrines of men are interesting, to them, but they cant be to who has faith in the rising of the Lord Jesus Christ form the dead, and the result is all they can possibly speak, " share" is complete and utter foolishness. ( as the preaching of the cross is to them)...

Romans 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

1 Corinthians 1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

Colossians 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,
21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;
22 Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
23 Which things have indeed a shew of wisdom in will worship, and humility, and neglecting of the body: not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.