by walking in them

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread was about "walking in them" meaning "you will walk in My statutes and execute My ordinances and keep all My commandments" - and that happens by listening to our Lord Jesus Christ personally and doing what He asks. You can discuss it with Him, but in doing so you will know that He is God and you are not. His is soooooooooooooooo much smarter, wiser, and greater than you that we cannot even understanding how much so.

Now He will use you, because He will ask you to do things for Him, but even then He does not need you but decides to use you for your own benefit. And you will know that if you really talk to Him and listen!!!

So, I am not against anyone helping people according to what the Lord tells them to do. We need to do that! But if you are thinking that the people need you, then you still need some understanding from Him, and that comes from His mouth!

Now I have heard, and it is correct, that He chooses to need people. I have heard that from Him and also from people to know Him. They obviously have heard Him to, haven't they? It ss a very awesome thing to hear Him personally tell me, "Karl, I need you." Still, I know He could do away with me and create another me to use if He really wanted to. But He chooses to use me at times So do the people need me? No - they need Him. They need to know that He chooses to need them. They need to know how much He wants them to know Him. They even need to know that to walk with Him personally is to walk " His statutes and execute His ordinances and keep all His commandments", and if you don't His mercy and grace with cover you, if you just believe in Him!

Peterlag

Jul 20, 2022
New York
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do they need you since they can have God - or have you not read:

Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

So, "anyone" can open up to the Lord and talk back and forth with Him - so what do they need you for????

Yet for the person who listens to the Lord they might find that He, the LORD OR LORDS AND KING OF KINGS, has a purpose for them.

For example; I was a retail manager when the Lord came into my life and we started talking back and forth. On one day in the store He was talking to me and pointed out the inflatable summer items that we had hung from the ceiling to promote the summer items like inflatable mats, and such. He told me that He would bring people to Him if they just looked up, but many would not look up. So He said He wanted to use me to get them to look up!

Another time in church the Lord told me that He wanted me to be a pillar at the church, and He explained that pillars don't do much, they just kind of hold the things above up, and point upwards. Some pillars even have a story written on them. Perhaps a victory story. So that is what He wanted me to do: point upwards and hold Him up, and with a story, a victory story.

So I point to Him, and hold Jesus Christ up, but you point to you and write "you folks need guys like me to help you understand".

Did you not even read the understand is from His mouth (so not yours), and even that one of His names is Understanding?

Prov 2:6 For the LORD gives wisdom;
From His mouth come knowledge and understanding.

Prov 7:4 Say to wisdom, “You are my sister,”
And call understanding your intimate friend;

Perhaps you might have come across:

Prov 3: 5,6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
And do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight.

Indeed, have you not even read:

Jn 5:41,42 “I do not receive glory from men; but I know you, that you do not have the love of God in yourselves.

or Jn 6:63 “It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and are life.

And that is what we testify about, that it is the Spirit who give life, and your flesh profits nothing, so that the words Jesus speaks to you are spirit!! and we testify to that like Jesus said:

Jn 3:11 “Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know and testify of what we have seen, and you do not accept our testimony.

So it is that I testify to Jesus Christ and how anyone can open up to Him and talk with Him via His Holy Spirit talking to our spirit, personally! But you do not accept that, and make yourself out to be our teacher and that we need you who does not know Him as The Teacher!

Therefore you testify about yourself instead of Him. Thus the teachings you have are not from hearing Him but from your thinking.

Still, sadly Jesus pointed out:

Jn 5:43 “I have come in My Father’s name, and you do not receive Me; if another comes in his own name, you will receive him.

and Jn 5:44 “How can you believe, when you receive glory from one another and you do not seek the glory that is from the one and only God?

Therefore humble yourself, and seek the Lord Jesus Christ what He has to say to you, and you will find Him. You will find that He is not a respecter of men, so that He will talk to those who truly want to talk to Him and listen. Did you not read:

Is 1:18 “Come now, and let us reason together,”
Says the LORD,
“Though your sins are as scarlet,
They will be as white as snow;
Though they are red like crimson,
They will be like wool.

It is almost amusing when I read from those like you. Because when a person does go and reason with Him they will find out that His thoughts are not their thoughts, just like it is written. You will indeed be reproved over and over and over and over and over, so that you will figure out that it is not you they need to talk to but rather Him they need to talk to. Therefore you message will change and you will be like a pillar in the church with point upwards and holds up the King and the Kingdom of God and not yourself!!!

The people don't need you, they need Him!!!! But perhaps He needs you to point upward to Him so they might seek Him, because too many people have been saying, "Listen to me!

Which reminds me of that time I was walking and talking with Him, and He told me, "Listen to me, listen to me. Karl, why do they say 'listen to me'. Isn't it because they don't listen to Me?"

So I believe that we find people saying listen ot them because they don't listen to Him - which is what you are saying is it not?
It seems you are not understanding what I said. I will repeat. I did not say we need teachers to show us the Bible. We need teachers to help us understand the nonsense the church ministers teach that's in our culture and believed by many. Here's a few examples... Much of the Roman Catholic doctrine was assimilated into Protestantism and is still being passed along as Christian groups continue to split off from one another. In a nutshell that is why even the independent church in your neighborhood today most probably believes that there is a trinity, dead people are alive, God is in control of everything that happens, the Four Gospels are written to Christians, and water baptism is relevant. And then there's everything that you know about our sin nature was taught to you by them.

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems you are not understanding what I said. I will repeat. I did not say we need teachers to show us the Bible. We need teachers to help us understand the nonsense the church ministers teach that's in our culture and believed by many. Here's a few examples... Much of the Roman Catholic doctrine was assimilated into Protestantism and is still being passed along as Christian groups continue to split off from one another. In a nutshell that is why even the independent church in your neighborhood today most probably believes that there is a trinity, dead people are alive, God is in control of everything that happens, the Four Gospels are written to Christians, and water baptism is relevant. And then there's everything that you know about our sin nature was taught to you by them.

Yeah - that sounds like all else I read from you - and it doesn't seem you understand what I am saying.

I am saying we need to listen to the Teacher, who is Jesus Christ, or we are not even qualified to teach!!!

That is because you don't have the message, the understanding, and the knowledge you need to have, because all that is in and from Jesus Christ!!

Heb 5:4 And no one takes the honor to himself, but receives it when he is called by God, even as Aaron was.

Heb 5:5 So also Christ did not glorify Himself so as to become a high priest, but He who said to Him,
“YOU ARE MY SON,
TODAY I HAVE BEGOTTEN YOU”;

It is not ours to call out this church or denomination, but we are all subject to the KIng, who is Jesus Christ, and how do you not know this? Is it because you don't listen to Him?

Heb 5:11,12 Concerning him we have much to say, and it is hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.
For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food.

Did you not even notice in Revelation, where John was told what to write to the churches? And that to every angel at each church it was written:

‘He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.’ (Rev 2:7, 2:11, 2:17, 2:29, 3:6, Rev 3:13, 3:22,

Therefore all His churches have issues, but the issue all of them have is not hearing what He has to say via His Holy Spirit!

Yet you take it on yourself, without hearing from the Lord yourself, and judge His churches/ denominations.

Ok - so you feel you have seen an issue with the Roman Catholic church, and even the Protestant and independent churches,, but that is not only judging them but also judging Him who made them. That is not yours to do so, but because you don't listen to Him but lean on you own understanding, you even wrote: "everything that you know about our sin nature was taught to you by them."

And amusingly after I have specifically given you examples of what I have heard from Him!!???

That only can happen because you yourself don't hear from Him, otherwise you would have sought Him yourself, gotten understanding and belief, because faith comes from hearing a word spoken to you by Him, and understanding comes from His mouth, not your thinking!

Therefore 'though by this time you ought to be a teacher, you have need again for someone to teach you the elementary principles of the oracles of God, and you have come to need milk and not solid food.' [again see Heb 5:12]

The oracles of God are what He speaks to you, and so the basic and elementary principles of them means you need to listen to Him. That is the foremost commandment which is, "Hear, O Israel" - or as the Father put it on the mountain, " “This is My beloved Son, with whom I am well-pleased; listen to Him!” (Mat 17:5)

I have to write a lot and over and over just to explain that you need to "listen to Him"! Which shows how stubborn and against listening you have become.

Deaut 9:13 “The LORD spoke further to me, saying, ‘I have seen this people, and indeed, it is a stubborn people.

Do you not understand that when He speaks He speaks the truth. Yet that is not for me to judge but to listen to Him and do what He asks me. His people are indeed stubborn people, and I know that because I too get stubborn with Him and don't listen to Him as much as I should. I usually only hear from Him a dozen different times a day - sometime more and sometimes less, but never as much as should considering He is God and King and He is always with me.

Still I have heard enough, by listening to Him a dozen different times a day for 20 plus years, to know that His churches are His churches, not yours!! So who are you to judge them, sir??? You are sitting yourself up for eternal fire, so start seeking Him and listening to Him, but that means humbling yourself so that you stop thinking you are smarter than Him!! Indeed, nobody comes to Him to listen to Him until they repent of their ways, their thinking, and their reasoning!!

Rev 3:19 ‘Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline; therefore be zealous and repent.

That comes before:

Rev 3:20 ‘Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.

Let me give you another example/testimony:

The Lord has me mostly attending Independent Charismatic churches during my 20 years with Him. Yet He had me open and run a Christian bookstore for Him. In doing so He told me that He was giving me that city, to minister to. And so He had me go around the city and tell the Christian churches about the store, and that included the Catholic churches. He even had me pay a small advertising fee that one Catholic church had to be in there bulletin or something like that. I am not sure because I have never actually been to a Catholic mass. Yet they are one of His churches, and He made it clear to me, the man that He had attending charismatic churches.

Indeed, He specifically asked me to get some Catholic books, both used and new, and He had me put the new Catholic books in one corner of the front window so all could see. Fortunately for me, those were Charismatic Catholic books (there are many Catholics who speak in tongues and such), so I actually sold some of those to independent thinking charismatics christians. Yet I only ever move one used Catholic book, and I wound up giving that away.

A man walked into my store one day and was looking at books, when the Lord spoke to me and told me, "Karl, that man is kind of like a pastor." Ok I thought, but continued with the accounting I was working on. Then again the Lord spoke to me and told me, "Karl, that man is kind of like a pastor."

"I hear you, I told the Lord." But I didn't know what He wanted. And again the Lord spoke to me and said, "Karl, that man is kind of like a pastor."

So finally I just blurted out to the man, and rather loudly, "Sir, you are kind of like a pastor!"

That broke the silence in the store and the man look up and at me, holding a little and old book. It was one of those old used catholic books the Lord had me get. And the man said, "I am a catholic priest," To which I responded, "Well, that is kind of like a pastor."

At this point this catholic priest, who was dressed in nice but normal clothes, started looking very confused and rather dumbfounded. And He started to explain to me that he had just come out of the dentist office down the walkway and something drew him to my store. And the little book he had was a he had always hoped to find but was never able to. It was written by a friend of his who had gone to school with him.

About that time the Lord spoke to me, telling me how much He loved that man. You should know that the Holy Spirit testifies about people!

That catholic priest went to pay me for that book, but there was no way I was going to take money from him for the book. He was a man with a strong testimony from God Himself. So you are you to know God's judgement if you don't actually hear from Him???