Can a person commit suicide and go to Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(SoldierforChrist;61304)
(Jordan;61301)
I'm pretty sure that is completely not True. Reminds me of Once Saved Always Saved doctrine.
Well maybe you should check it out and study it if you are just "pretty sure".
wink.gif
The fact is, once you accept Christ as your saviour you are saved for ever and have everlasting life. You cannot lose the everlasting life that God has given you. There are many verses the show that all throughout the New Testament. Do you not believe that Jordan?I hate to bring back my very old post, but be right back....Ah here it is.(thesuperjag;10034)
Writer the OSAS doctrine is so deceiving and it is made by man. And I don't need a scripture to support this common sense. For ensample, When I accepted Jesus into my heart, I became saved... Now if I turn my back on my Saviour and I became a wiccan (an example) and never want Him again...then I am going to say that I was never truly saved at all...therefore the OSAS doctrine needs to be discarded.

SoldierforChrist

Sep 21, 2008
Well Jordan, I hate to disagree, but I believe you should have verses for everything you believe. If you can't seem to find verses to back it up then maybe you shouldn't believe it. What part of everlasting and eternal life do you not understand?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(SoldierforChrist;61309)
Well Jordan, I hate to disagree, but I believe you should have verses for everything you believe. If you can't seem to find verses to back it up then maybe you shouldn't believe it. What part of everlasting and eternal life do you not understand?
Man, I thought common sense is enough to see the problem, but ok, I will give you scripture + Common Sense that God gave us.Deuteronomy 6:5 - And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might.Deuteronomy 11:1 - Therefore thou shalt love the LORD thy God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, alway.Deuteronomy 11:3 - And it shall come to pass, if ye shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,Deuteronomy 11:22 - For if ye shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him;Leviticus 19:18 - Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.Matthew 22:37-39 - Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.Mark 12:29-31 - And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these......Now if I go back to being an Athiest, am I loving God? or self?Therefore this scripture hits it on the nail.John 14:15 - If ye love me, keep my commandments.

SoldierforChrist

Sep 21, 2008
I have no clue how any of that has to do with losing your salvation...Alll those verses are talking about is loving God. Yes we should love God, but what do any of those have to do with losing your salvation???

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(SoldierforChrist;61433)
I have no clue how any of that has to do with losing your salvation...Alll those verses are talking about is loving God. Yes we should love God, but what do any of those have to do with losing your salvation???
The key word is ALL and IFWe can't love God with a half a heart.

SoldierforChrist

Sep 21, 2008
Yes I agree we are supposed to love God with all our hearts. However, we are also supposed to not lie, and not covet. As you know though none of us keep all these commandments at all times. So my point is, where do you get off believing that we will lose our salvation and eternal life with God if we break this commandment. The whole point of salvation and Grace is the fact that even though we do break His commandments, and are not perfect, he will still forgive us and grant us eternal life through his Son.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(SoldierforChrist;61437)
Yes I agree we are supposed to love God with all our hearts. However, we are also supposed to not lie, and not covet. As you know though none of us keep all these commandments at all times. So my point is, where do you get off believing that we will lose our salvation and eternal life with God if we break this commandment. The whole point of salvation and Grace is the fact that even though we do break His commandments, and are not perfect, he will still forgive us and grant us eternal life through his Son.
I guess we have to agree to disagree then. My very old post which I quoted again yesterday is clear as water and it's not talking about not being perfect either.

SoldierforChrist

Sep 21, 2008
(Jordan;61439)
I guess we have to agree to disagree then. My very old post which I quoted again yesterday is clear as water and it's not talking about not being perfect either.
Your post does not show any verses at all that support even the slightest hint of losing your ssalvation. That is what I can't understand. I do not understand how you can look at those verses and then draw from that the conclusion that you can lose your salvation. We are not just agreeing to disagree because we both have verses to support what we are saying, you just have an idea of how you think it should be, and that is what you are believeing even though you have "no" verses to prove that. Show me one verse, just one single verse where it says you will lose your salvation if you break one of those commandments! Just one verse Jordan. You can't...I will give you just a few of the many verses that show we will have everlasting and eternal life once we are saved, and that our eternal life is secured by Jesus once we are saved:John 3:16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.John 4:14But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.John 5:24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.John 1028. And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.29. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.2 Timothy 418. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.2 Timothy 112. For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.John 1711. And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.Hebrews 725. Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(SoldierforChrist;61487)
(Jordan;61439)
Your post does not show any verses at all that support even the slightest hint of losing your ssalvation. That is what I can't understand. I do not understand how you can look at those verses and then draw from that the conclusion that you can lose your salvation. We are not just agreeing to disagree because we both have verses to support what we are saying, you just have an idea of how you think it should be, and that is what you are believeing even though you have "no" verses to prove that. Show me one verse, just one single verse where it says you will lose your salvation if you break one of those commandments! Just one verse Jordan. You can't...I will give you just a few of the many verses that show we will have everlasting and eternal life once we are saved, and that our eternal life is secured by Jesus once we are saved:John 3:16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:36He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.John 4:14But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.John 5:24Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.John 1028. And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.29. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.2 Timothy 418. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will preserve me unto his heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.2 Timothy 112. For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.John 1711. And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are.Hebrews 725. Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.Not another round...James 2:19 - Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble....James 2:14 - What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say he hath faith, and have not works? can faith save him?James 2:17 - Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.James 2:20 - But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?James 2:24 - Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.James 2:26 - For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

SoldierforChrist

Sep 21, 2008
Ephisians 2:8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(SoldierforChrist;61493)
Ephisians 2:8. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
That has a completely different meaning to what James was saying. Paul and James has different meaning of works. And it's not what you think either.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
The bible states you can not lose your promise of salvation. The whole world will follow after the beast incuding many christians. One is only promised salvation if one lives up to their part of the contract if one starts worshiping a false christ(Antichrist) you have broken your half of the promise God will never break his promise but you can break yours. causing the promise to become null and void.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;61502)
The bible states you can not lose your promise of salvation. The whole world will follow after the beast incuding many christians. One is only promised salvation if one lives up to their part of the contract if one starts worshiping a false christ(Antichrist) you have broken your half of the promise God will never break his promise but you can break yours. causing the promise to become null and void.
That is what I was trying to say through scriptures. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
biggrin.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Your welcome JordanIf one could never lose their salvation there would be no such thing as unforgivable sin nor a second death. what does God say to these preacher/ministers Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;61504)
Your welcome JordanIf one could never lose their salvation there would be no such thing as unforgivable sin nor a second death. what does God say to these preacher/ministers Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
Matthew 7:21 - Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

ToolOfHis

Nov 1, 2008
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The problem with sin is you must ask forgiveness in order to be saved. As I see it a person committing suicide isn't able to ask for forgiveness after the fact. I'm sure the Lord will take into account the way the persons mind was at the time the suicide was committed. A person mentally incompetent may not realize or fully understand the deed he is about to do will send him away from the Lord forever. To ask for forgiveness before committing suicide tells me you knew it was wrong before committing the deed but did it anyway so God may not be so forgiving. I think a lot of us will be greatly surprised at some of the decisions we hear God render on Judgment day.Tool