Can one truly choose to accept Jesus?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Truth_Teller

May 9, 2008
(Lunar;52495)
Is it possible for an atheist to open his heart to Jesus and be saved?
Mate, myself being Muslim, I will will speak for The Supreme Deity - God.It´s believed by us that those who don´t turn to God, they won´t be turned to God by Himself. It´s not any kind of experiment which you should try being alone. You got to have firm belief in God only then you will see His Miracles. You can´t just try Him out and that´s all! It´s like you are doing a favour on God by believing in Him. He is not our slave so that He will immediately turn to us with a Magic Wand. We are His believers and it´s upto us to believe. He can live forever even without us, but we will suffer it in Hell by disbelieving Him.I hope you get it!

treeoflife

Apr 30, 2008
(Richard_oti;52824)
I disagree with this. IMO: The "unpardonable sin" is ascribing the workings of the Holy Spirit unto being the workings of an "evil spirit" [cf Mark 3].
It isn't that simple... really it's not. I don't have time to explain at this moment as I'm just getting up and ready. But, Jesus was eluding to blaspheming the Holy Spirit who introduces us to Christ. The Holy Spirit is like a servant who seeks to bring us to Christ as God seeks us. If we blaspheme Him (continually ignore/reject Him), that will be it. God tells us His Spirit will not always strive with man.If the blapheme of the Holy Spirit is simply what you say it is... think about it. There are a GREAT number of Christians and non-Christians a like that have committed the unpardonable sin and are then doomed... Many who before they became a Christian... and Christians of compromised doctrinal beliefs regarding God's Holy Spirit.