Can We Walk on Water Too?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
before we get off on a tangent, we must understand something. things that our Lord Jesus did when he walked the dust, are now in another form. example the blind see. Jesus through us today in medicine has restored sight to the blind, the lame has walked, arms restored, nothing new, just in another form. another example, people say well I'm not blessed like Abraham who had 300 sheep, or goats... what ever. but has not God blessed you with 3 and some 400 horses. you might say, I have no horses? well just go outside and crank up your car or truck one will hear the equivalent of 3 or 400 horse in power, just in another form. if you're blessed with 2 cars or trucks, double your horses. if we just look around us. another example. a king might have had 10 bakers to cook a meal that took 5 to ten hours to make. we can cook a meal in ten min, without one baker. are you seeing what we're going?. someone like our brother Job could have had 10 ot 20 maidservant to keep his house clean. well today we can keep a house clean with the power of ten maidservant in our vacuum cleaner. it can go on and on. the same things accomplish in another form, which our Lord gives us the power to do.

Hope this helps.

PACJAG.

Reactions: Mayflower

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Ummmmm, if no church is perfect, I don't think I'll just find another one -- which also won't be perfect! ;)

So I do have to "filter while listening", the same as when I watch the NEWS! :)

With MANY BLESSINGS!
Bobby Jo
LOL
Good point!
But some need MORE FILTERING than others!

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The same Holy Spirit abides in us as well! The same power that raised Jesus from the dead!

Ummmmmmm, -- and Peter was the HOLY SPIRIT, and the HOLY SPIRIT is the HOLY SPIRIT, and GOD is the HOLY SPIRIT, and ...

No, -- the HOLY SPIRIT is the HOLY SPIRIT, and "spirits" who assert otherwise are not "holy".
Bobby Jo

Reactions: GodsGrace

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ummmmmmm, -- and Peter was the HOLY SPIRIT, and the HOLY SPIRIT is the HOLY SPIRIT, and GOD is the HOLY SPIRIT, and ...

No, -- the HOLY SPIRIT is the HOLY SPIRIT, and "spirits" who assert otherwise are not "holy".
Bobby Jo

I lost you here.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... Jesus could walk on the water because he is the Holy Spirit. ...

Bobby Jo

I lost you here.

Jesus is NOT the HOLY SPIRIT. ONLY the HOLY SPIRIT is the HOLY SPIRIT. And any "spirit" that says otherwise is a FALSE "spirit", and should be separated to be with his fellow goats.

... and there's no shortage of goats,
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is NOT the HOLY SPIRIT. ONLY the HOLY SPIRIT is the HOLY SPIRIT. And any "spirit" that says otherwise is a FALSE "spirit", and should be separated to be with his fellow goats.

Bobby Jo
Romans 8:9 "But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his". one more,
1 Peter 1:10 "Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you:
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow..

2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost".

is not the Spirit of christ the Holy Ghost in the OT who testified, or predicted of the things to come?.

PICJAG.

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Everyone here has the spirit.
Does that make them the Holy Spirit?
NO!
@Bobby Jo IS RIGHT.

The Holy Spirit is a person and is the Holy Spirit.
Jesus is Jesus or the 2nd Person of the Trinity or the SON.
The Father is THE FATHER.

Are YOU yourself, or are you someone else?

Same with the Godhead/Trinity.

This is aimed at those who refuse to study the Godhead/Trinity and THINK they know more than our theologians.

Don't read the following...
You might learn something:

https://truthchallenge.one/blog/category/god/trinity/

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bobby Jo

Right! But do you believe in the Trinity? And I thought the sheep and goats were both unbelievers- judgement before the Great White Throne of Judgement.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Right! But do you believe in the Trinity?
FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT!

And I thought the sheep and goats were both unbelievers- judgement before the Great White Throne of Judgement.

Matt. 25:31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

:)
Bobby Jo

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
FATHER, SON, HOLY SPIRIT!

Matt. 25:31 “When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world.

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.

:)
Bobby Jo

Good discussion here...we talked on this at church that it is Christians vs. Non-Christians. But this is a good arguement...

The Sheep and Goat Judgment:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Ghost and the ....?
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow".

2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.".

1 Peter 1:11 who was in them? "THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST" back to 2 Peter 1:21 who move them? "the Holy Ghost".

1 Peter 1:11 who was in them? "THE SPIRIT OF CHRIST" back to 2 Peter 1:21 who move them? "the Holy Ghost".

just repeat this a couple of times........ :D

PICJAG.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Ghost and the ....?
1 Peter 1:11 "Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify, when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow".

2 Peter 1:21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.".

just repeat this a couple of times........ :D

PICJAG.

Oh thank you!!!!!! This goes right along with what I learned about men being three part beings: soul, spirit, body.

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Bobby Jo
Jesus is Emmanuel God with us.
Jesus is at one with the trinity that is 3 in one.
Only one must be born again to understand this in the correct way, then you will understand that the worldly religious can not fathom such.
Jesus is the Holy Spirit, how can you separate the two from the fact.
If one does not believe that Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit then you have another Jesus.
All 3 are of the same Spirit, the Father the Son and the Holy Spirit are as one, but the 3 are different identity's that one can perceive as such but they are united just the same.
Who do you think Jesus is now ? who do people Pray to the man in the flesh or the Holy Spirit that is the man.

Reactions: Mayflower

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter said to Him, “Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water.” And He said, “Come!” And Peter got out of the boat, and walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But seeing the wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, “Lord, save me!” Immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and took hold of him, and *said to him, “You of little faith, why did you doubt?” When they got into the boat, the wind stopped.

MATTHEW 14:28‭-‬32

If we needed too and were abiding in the Holy Spirit, could we walk on water like Christ did? Like Peter?

It is thought provoking to wonder how much we limit God's power in us by doubting and unbelief. It a bit takes me back to think I could walk on water...I don't even know honestly if I would have enough humility to do that. I have to make sure my heart is in the right place when I am singing since I can be a ham at times. But do you

1) believe in miracles where someone else could do something like this? In what circumstances?

2) Do you believe you could do this?

3) Do you believe in instant/divine healing that it is possible.

As for me, wow. I don't know honestly. The pastor was talking about this tonight that sometimes we have to take a step out of the boat in faith when it comes to following God's will. And then he talked about how we could walk on water like this, that it wasnt just because Jesus was the Son of God that He could walk on water. I don't know. It is thought provoking. He asked us if we would step out of the boat (it was a discussion). I said I honestly would want to know how to swim first, which I do. Lol.

Id just like to look up more scriptures on this. I know the disciples did a lot of miracles and Christ said some would do even greater miracles then Him. I think about Jesus miracles and wonder if I would ever see a miracle like that in my lifetime, much the less doing something like that. Jesus saved my spirit from Hell. If I can trust Him with that, I should be able to trust Him with anything else.

Hold my lemonade....

Reactions: amadeus and Helen

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Mayflower,

. . . @CharismaticLady

The first passage which comes to mind is Philippians 4:13, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me", Or, literally,

In all I am strong in the one giving me ability, Christ.

I think it's all about obedience.

Luke 17
3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him.
4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him.
5 And the apostles said unto the Lord, Increase our faith.
6 And the Lord said, If ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, Be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you.
7 But which of you, having a servant plowing or feeding cattle, will say unto him by and by, when he is come from the field, Go and sit down to meat?
8 And will not rather say unto him, Make ready wherewith I may sup, and gird thyself, and serve me, till I have eaten and drunken; and afterward thou shalt eat and drink?
9 Doth he thank that servant because he did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.
10 So likewise ye, when ye shall have done all those things which are commanded you, say, We are unprofitable servants: we have done that which was our duty to do.

Lord, Increase our faith, we can't do that!

To which He replied:

When the servants do their duty, is this a commendation to them? They just do what they are told. They asked Jesus to increase their faith so they could do what He taught. He told them, just do it.

Peter had this mind in the boat. If You tell me to. Jesus told Peter to. Peter did.

If you do what Jesus tells you to do, whatever it may be, you will do it, no matter how impossible.

There is the discussion of spiritual gifts also. I believe the same principles apply. If God has me cooking for the church, I'm going to trust Him to make a good meal.

A different example . . . I run a small company for it's absentee owners, and I've been doing this a long long time. I know how to organize people and resources and tasks. I do it all the time.

But when it comes to the potluck, I can't seem to run that for the life of me! I don't have the gift of administration. However . . . there are others who do, and Thank God for them!

Even if I can swim, that ability doesn't help me walk on water. My natural abilities just don't carry over into the spiritual. I think there is much confusion in this regard, people who are good teachers in the world take on themselves to teach the church. Or those who have much money start spreading it around, but unless this is by the gift of giving, well . . . it's not the spiritual work.

2 Chronicles 25
5 Moreover Amaziah gathered Judah together, and made them captains over thousands, and captains over hundreds, according to the houses of their fathers, throughout all Judah and Benjamin: and he numbered them from twenty years old and above, and found them three hundred thousand choice men, able to go forth to war, that could handle spear and shield.
6 He hired also an hundred thousand mighty men of valour out of Israel for an hundred talents of silver.
7 But there came a man of God to him, saying, O king, let not the army of Israel go with thee; for the Lord is not with Israel, to wit, with all the children of Ephraim.
8 But if thou wilt go, do it; be strong for the battle: God shall make thee fall before the enemy: for God hath power to help, and to cast down.
9 And Amaziah said to the man of God, But what shall we do for the hundred talents which I have given to the army of Israel? And the man of God answered, The Lord is able to give thee much more than this.

Here king Amaziah spent 100 talents of silver - a hefty sum - to hire mercenaries from the northern kingdom, but God said no.

"But what about all this money I spent?"

"The Lord is able to give thee much more than this."

We have our own resources, but God has His. He is able to give you a full self-sufficiency for every good work (2 Cor 9). Whether it be pray in faith, teach a Bible study, encourage the crestfallen, or walk on water, I've heard it will put, where God guides, God provides.

2 Corinthians 12
9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

I think I have no ability to walk on water. So if God calls me to, that's the perfect opportunity to receive His power.

Much love!

I think that God will sometimes consecrate a natural gift in us, for His use, but, in Scripture, more often than not, He had them doing things for which they had no natural gifts. The Apostle Paul was not a natural orator, neither was Peter--but they both addressed crowds of people in their gospel presentations. Over and over, we are shown that we can do anything, if God is in it, but Jesus told us that apart from Him, we can do nothing. When Peter was sinking, he cried out for the Lord to save him. After the Lord does, He chides Peter, "Why did you doubt?" God says, "Is anything too difficult for me?" The answer is NO. The One who made the universe and everything in it would not balk at enabling a bit of water-walking, but, we are afflicted by the evil one, and we doubt.