Carrying around the body of the Lord Yeshua

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul wrote during his second letter to those in Corinth.

2Co 4:10 Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body.

2Co. 1:5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

2 Co. 1:9 But we had the sentence of death in ourselves, that we should not trust in ourselves, but in God which raiseth the dead:

Romans 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Galatians 6:17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

Philippians 3:10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

11 If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.

Colossians 1:24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

Reactions: dev553344

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Carrying around the body of Christ, is almost synomonus with carrying the spirit of Christ with-in you if so he does live with-in you.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Carrying around the body of Christ, is almost synomonus with carrying the spirit of Christ with-in you if so he does live with-in you.

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.
Gal 2:21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.
Col 1:27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would tend to think that Jesus died for us that we might be resurrected and have life again. He also made the atonement which allows us to be with God again after becoming fallen in a sinful nature.

I also think the Holy Ghost might be the source that connects us with the body of Christ. Since Jesus is probably in heaven at the moment and not among us here on earth. We are then allowed to discern between our defiled bodies and the Holy Body of Christ.

The bible talks about the blood of Christ washing away our sins, and that is probably not literal. We have defiled bodies which are incapable of being in the Kingdom of God. If we are resurrected it will be a new form of body that can be in the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Col 1:27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Christ in you, the hope of glory. For one, and all peoples! The only one who can restore our soul.

Reactions: amadeus

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would tend to think that Jesus died for us that we might be resurrected and have life again. He also made the atonement which allows us to be with God again after becoming fallen in a sinful nature.

I also think the Holy Ghost might be the source that connects us with the body of Christ. Since Jesus is probably in heaven at the moment and not among us here on earth. We are then allowed to discern between our defiled bodies and the Holy Body of Christ.

The bible talks about the blood of Christ washing away our sins, and that is probably not literal. We have defiled bodies which are incapable of being in the Kingdom of God. If we are resurrected it will be a new form of body that can be in the kingdom of God.

1 Corinthians 15:50 Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I tell you a mystery: We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed—
Those are some good insights, I think Devin, thank you for sharing them here with all. Good to see you and Ama, today.