Catholic condom ban helping AIDS spread in Latam: U.N.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
Had I been the title of this article it would have been Catholics not being good Catholics help spread Aids in Latin America.Minus the few extra books a Catholic's bible is nearly similar to a Christian's bible and I know that in our bible adultery is a sin.How are they going to commit adultery and not use a condom because God says it is a sin,if they bothered reading the bible they would know that God says adultery is a sin as well.http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20071023/hl_nm/honduras_aids_dc
TEGUCIGALPA (Reuters) - The rapid spread in Latin America of the virus that causes AIDS is made worse by the Roman Catholic Church's stand against using condoms, a U.N. official said on Monday.Some 1.7 million people across Latin America are infected with the HIV virus or full-blown AIDS, and the epidemic is spreading swiftly with up to 410,000 new cases in 2006, up from as many as 320,000 new cases in 2004, according the UN AIDS program, UNAIDS."In Latin America the use of condoms has been demonized, but if they were used in every relation I guarantee the epidemic would be resolved in the region," said Alberto Stella, the UNAIDS Coordinator for Honduras, Nicaragua and Costa Rica.The Catholic Church, which holds sway in Latin America despite the rise in evangelical churches, opposes all forms of contraception and instead promotes abstinence as a way to avoid spreading AIDS.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Yes Adultery is a sin...There are number of verses that says that. Repeating verses is a very great thing for me. The more God repeats verses, the better.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

Nova

Sep 20, 2007
I am in favor of access to condoms. Not to protect adulterers, but to protect the innocent.I can't speak about Latin America. But in Africa, men go off to the cities to find jobs. While there, they sleep with prostitutes. And thus contract HIV. So the husbands are committing adultery.Then the husbands return their villages & sleep with their wives. Their wives & frequently the resulting children become HIV positive. There is a push for condom use between married couples to prevent the transmission of HIV. The Catholic church opposes this because condoms prevent conception. The Evangelical churches are pushing for it-to protect women & children from getting HIV.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
How does a condom stop you committing a adulery with your eye?I know your saying, hey!? But Christ said, "If you so much as look at a woman and lust after her then you are guilty of adultery."Adultery is adultery whether they wear a condom or not. It is not just a sexual thing but sin comes from the heart.There is nothing wrong with condoms as no teaching in the bible says men and women cannot use birth control. It is abit like the sabbath day thing. You could pull your *** out of an hole, but you sinned if you cured someone.:naughty:Why has it got stars where a perfectly good word for the relative of the donkey is used. The board needs adjusting because there is nothing wrong with the way I have used the name for the animal which I am referring to.
smile.gif
God never said people were not to use condoms and if it keeps the innocent safe. I prefer using a condom to giving someone a death sentence so commiting the sin of murder.Lets face it, it does not have to kill them immediately for you to have murdered someone by deliberately passing on aids.Faithful.
smile.gif

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
(Nova;20714)
I am in favor of access to condoms. Not to protect adulterers, but to protect the innocent.I can't speak about Latin America. But in Africa, men go off to the cities to find jobs. While there, they sleep with prostitutes. And thus contract HIV. So the husbands are committing adultery.Then the husbands return their villages & sleep with their wives. Their wives & frequently the resulting children become HIV positive. There is a push for condom use between married couples to prevent the transmission of HIV. The Catholic church opposes this because condoms prevent conception. The Evangelical churches are pushing for it-to protect women & children from getting HIV.
The only reason why these men who commit adultery use the "oh I'm a catholic our god says we shouldn't use condoms" is because they do not like the feel of condoms.Why else is someone going to do one thing that is blatantly written as a sin multiple times in the bible and not commit another sin?Thats like saying you don't steal because the bible says so but you go out and murder people.Those men and women would still be committing adultery without a rubber even if the catholics were not there to say that using condoms is a sin.

jamesrage

Apr 30, 2007
(Nova;20720)
James, you lost me. I don't understand what you are saying.
These men are only using religion as an excuse to not use a rubber.

Faithful

Jul 13, 2007
Nova,Are you only replying to certain people. If so let me know and I shall refrain from posting anything else on the thread.Faithful:).

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
How does a condom stop you committing a adulery with your eye?
You keep them rolled up and put them in front of your eyes so that you can't see anyone else. (and keep the third one you-know-where)
biggrin.gif

Nova

Sep 20, 2007
(Faithful;20745)
Nova,Are you only replying to certain people. If so let me know and I shall refrain from posting anything else on the thread.Faithful:).
Goodness, no. I understood your comments. I was asking for clarification on James point, because I couldn't make sense of his prior answer. Which he has cleared up. Thanks

Wakka

Jun 4, 2007
God is all for multiplication. Not condom-nation
tongue.gif
. Anyhow, it's a sin that people use condoms. And if people followed God's law, then there would be no disease, homosexuality, nor abortion.Note: The catholics finally did something right.Note of Note: The catholics promote this so that they may enlarge their masses. To make a more larger influence. That's why catholic families are large. If Christians had large families like back in the day, we would have more preachers and maybe a different world.Note of Note of Note: Christian couples, get busy
wink.gif

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Note of Note of Note: Christian couples, get busy.
I can't. I'm too old for that stuff any more.
biggrin.gif