Celtic Cross

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mb27

Jun 26, 2012
Hi everyone,
I have a question and require some input and knowledge on the subject.

Are Celtic crosses a Christian symbol?

I love crosses but love the design of the celtic cross. Its unique and puts some design into a
such a widely used symbol. If i wore one, would it be considered pagan or Christian?

dragonfly

Apr 19, 2012
UK
This is a great question! I look forward to what others think. For once, I don't have an opinion! :D

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Symbols do not belong to anyone. Jesus turned the cross from a symbol of death to a symbol of life. So, if pagans did use the Celtic cross or the celtic cross was created with partly pagan symbols - who cares? Reclaim it for Christ.

WhiteKnuckle

Mar 29, 2009
I assume you're talking about a cross with knot work in it.

The early Celts didn't have a written language and used knots to tell stories or just for decoration. The knot work style actually came from the Vikings that settled in Scotland.

The Celts converted to Christianity fairly early in history. There's many knots associated with Christianity that come from Celtic culture. I have no problem with it.

mb27

Jun 26, 2012
Thanks for the input!
Any ideas into the real meaning of the circle around the center? I've googled it but this is one of those things that can be twisted into five different ways.
I need Christian view points here.
I just honestly think, though the cross is such a gift to us.. its a little depressing. I feel it focuses too much on the death aspect of our faith.

I just was to wear something that is a testimony, not that can be interpreted into evil.