Censer Cast Into The Earth

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
Censer Cast Into The Earth (written by a friend)------------------------------------------------------------The seriousness of the Great Tribulation hit me pretty hard when I was reading Hebrews, and I really thought about corresponding Earthly and Heavenly Temples. I just finished reading through the first five books again, and a few points really stood out.Hebrews 8:1-2 "The point of what we are saying is this: We do have such a high priest, who sat down at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in heaven, and who serves in the sanctuary, the true tabernacle set up by the Lord, not by man." The daily services of the priests at the Alter of Incense in the earthly temple represents the daily intercession of Jesus in Heaven's temple. The daily services at the Alter of Incense were conducted to atone for the sins of ALL of the Israelites (as opposed to the Alter of Burnt Offering, which was used to atone for the sins of the "individual"). When the Israelites sinned, the continual services on the Altar of Incense provided atonement for everyone until they (as individuals) could present their necessary sacrifices at the Altar of Burnt Offering. The "Heavenly correlation" is that through the sacrifice of Jesus, God extends His grace and love to all of His children (intercession at the Alter of Incense), hoping that we (as individuals) will eventually show up at the Altar of Burnt Offering and personally receive His gift of Salvation. John 3:16 sums this up:John 3:16 "For God so loved -the world-, that He gave His only begotten Son, that -whosoever believeth upon Him- should not perish, but have everlasting life"The daily services at the Alter of Incense represent the intercession of Jesus on behalf of the whole world (i.e. for God so love the "WORLD"), hoping that we as individuals will eventually come to the Alter of Burnt Offering (believeth upon Him) and receive Him as our Sacrifice and Savior for one and all times. The intercession of Jesus on behalf of the whole world will continue until the beginning of the Great Tribulation. The Great Tribulation begins when Jesus declares the end of His intercession on behalf of the whole world:Revelation 10:6 And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, -that there should be time no longer-: When this happens, the censer at Heaven's golden Altar of Incense (Revelation 8:3-5) will be cast down indicating the services required at that altar are finished. Revelation 8:3 "And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne. And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel's hand. -And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth-: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake." Although the -intercession of Jesus on behalf of the whole world- comes to an end (the services conducted at the Alter of Incense are no more) at the beginning of the Great Tribulation, the door of salvation remains open for individuals (the sevices conducted at the Alter of Burnt Offering remain) because -Jesus continues to intercede on behalf of individuals- up until the time of the seventh trumpet. What do you guys think? This is how I see it, and I for one was pretty creeped out (in a good way) when I was thinking about these things, and how serious the matter truly is.Théoden,==========When these events begin to happen we are starting to move from the Dispensation of Grace into the Dispensation of Judgment. When it is completed the Dispensation of Grace has ceased and we are in the Dispensation of Judgment. Grace is no more. Rev 15:8 And the temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God, and from his power; and no man was able to enter into the temple, till the seven plagues of the seven angels were fulfilled.