Changing Your Perspective

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've been thinking about this quite a lot lately because of the fact that up until recently I have hated my first name of April. (I do go by the nickname Rilly now though. :) ) And the reason why is a rather sad one. :( I was teased so much in school that everybody used to call me ape and make gorilla noises to me that it stuck with me all these years. :(

However, once I discovered that those kids were just being idiots and I actually had a beautiful name and I started thinking about how pretty it is during the spring now I love it. :D So the name itself didn't change, it all just depends on how you look at it and I guess that happens with a lot of different situations. Have you guys ever had one of those?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I had one when I was working. My line manager and I didn't hit it off and I felt she had it in for me every time I went to work. I used to get so worked up about it that I would play the radio really loud while I did my housework so that I would listen to the music rather than the thoughts in my head.

Then, rather late in the day, I prayed about the situation and decided if she wasn't going to change then I would. So I started paying her little compliments like admiring her nail polish or hair style and other small things. And I couldn't believe it when she actually began to change towards me. We didn't actually become best mates or anything but she respected me and she was the one who brought me and all my stuff home in her car on my last day at work when I retired. And she even came in for a cuppa.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had one when I was working. My line manager and I didn't hit it off and I felt she had it in for me every time I went to work. I used to get so worked up about it that I would play the radio really loud while I did my housework so that I would listen to the music rather than the thoughts in my head.

Then

Then what?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America

Then, rather late in the day, I prayed about the situation and decided if she wasn't going to change then I would. So I started paying her little compliments like admiring her nail polish or hair style and other small things. And I couldn't believe it when she actually began to change towards me. We didn't actually become best mates or anything but she respected me and she was the one who brought me and all my stuff home in her car on my last day at work when I retired. And she even came in for a cuppa.
@Pearl Yes, it's a wonder what simple things like appreciating nice nails, etc. can do to interpersonal relations...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I've been thinking about this quite a lot lately because of the fact that up until recently I have hated my first name of April. (I do go by the nickname Rilly now though. :) ) And the reason why is a rather sad one. :( I was teased so much in school that everybody used to call me ape and make gorilla noises to me that it stuck with me all these years. :(

However, once I discovered that those kids were just being idiots and I actually had a beautiful name and I started thinking about how pretty it is during the spring now I love it. :D So the name itself didn't change, it all just depends on how you look at it and I guess that happens with a lot of different situations. Have you guys ever had one of those?
@April_Rose It's good to be able to move on positively, isn't it? :)

Reactions: April_Rose

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's all there. I just pressed the wrong key.

Okay lol I understand. Sort of like us,.. we didn't really start off on the right foot and I wouldn't call us best mates or anything, but we appreciate each other more now despite our differences and are friends at least. :)

Reactions: Pearl

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

our whole reality is about perspective AR. It is insights like you have spoken of above that are windows. God gives them to dispel incorrect ideas.....they serve as touch stones for the greater realities.

Reactions: April_Rose