Childlike Faith, Joy, and The Kingdom

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As a child, I remember a time of laughing at dish bubbles, art for its own sake, and bicycling past popsicle colored beach houses.

But eventually, all gave way for preparing for the future and focusing on myself. This included my love for Christ and helping others.

Suddenly volunteering was just an activity to mark down and record to boost your chance of getting into a good college. Go serve orphans overseas? What a joke.

After bumbling half heartedly through college, then it was the career. IT is a good marketable career, so I bumbled toward that.

Eventually, my husband saw me stressed from all this and asked me to stop working. Relieved, I began to apply myself to homemaking.

"Consider the lilies of the field...they neither labor or spin..."

I was so anxious to be someone and enslaved to selfish ambition that I almost missed the abundant life Jesus wanted me to have. A life of beauty and wonder, where doing art doesn't have to feed your resume or gain you anything but the enjoyment the process brings.

The child is back. She can read and do art with freedom now. She can learn for the sheer love of learning and not for an exam. Thank you Jesus for showing me the vanity of my ways and the surpassing worth of childlike faith. May we all receive the Kingdom like a
small child.

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Eventually, my husband saw me stressed from all this and asked me to stop working. Relieved, I began to apply myself to homemaking.
I too have been blessed with an understanding husband who was happy for me to stay home while our son was small. When he was 13 I then started working but only part time. It was good for me and also for our finances.

And being at home is great for spending time sewing or doing other craft work, reading, gardening - all the good creative things in life which are free or minimal cost.

• Love
Reactions: Wynona